1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ghost or Draft?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Two Sandwiches, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

My three month old loves to kick mylar balloons that we tie around his ankles. He'll do it for an hour or two giggling the whole time. So, we have two in the house and they're on their last legs, barely floating. Ones a football and one is a blue star.

Sunday, I had them tied around his feet and he played until about 5PM. When he was done, I just pushed them to the corner of the room.

Three hours later, my wife gets home and asks where the blue balloon is. Nowhere to be found. I have a pretty good sized house, two story, 2300 square feet. I looked for it and didn't find it. No air conditioning, baseboard water heater, so I figured it couldn't have gone far.

Today she found it.

It had apparently gone through the entire living room, up the stairs, down the upstairs hallway and into a little bonus room that we have. To get in the bonus room, it had to go under a doorway and back up to get where it was. It was wedged against the corner of the desk by her sewing machine, behind some fabric.

I took it downstairs and it doesn't even float. Not to mention the fact that I was in and out of the living room the whole time it would have been traversing it.

The couple that built our house are deceased. He father died in 2001. This weekend, I got something in the mail addressed to him. The mother died December of 2016. We bought the house in July of 2017.

I have the son in laws phone number. We bought it from he and his wife. My wife wants me to contact him and ask what they used that room for. I don't think that's appropriate.

What gives. What do you think?

2. Exiled

Exiled Member

3. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

set up cameras and take random pictures around the house sporadically. start a thread on reddit and let the ghost hunters/detectives go to work.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  5. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

Do you really want to know?
    Unless its something harmful, just let it go

Jontro and donkeypunch like this.
  6. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

They're real. Pop the balloon and see what happens.

7. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

TLDR, but with 100% confidence I say draft :D

JeeberD likes this.
  8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Those mylar balloons (and the plastic ones honestly) can be prone to weird static electricity interactions. If your house is dry, it may have had a little accumulated charge and with its light weight, that could have affected its movement some odd way. (This is not very scientific but just adding something to consider other than ghosts, LOL.)

Yeah, do NOT call the previous owners. Just my two cents. That would NOT go well. Don't need to freak out until baby talks to you from inside the television.

Clutch, Two Sandwiches and Rashmon like this.
  9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

The only place I've ever heard of anything like this happening was to a family somewhere in Arkansas.

B-Bob likes this.
  10. Entropy

Entropy Member

Probably a ghost. But as long as its not harming you, I guess just keep an eye out.

11. Two Sandwiches

So, I was at work, talking to a patient of mine. Long story short, we discovered that she used to do home care for the lady that lived in my house (her and herher husband built the house).

First thing she says is, "Do you have ghosts?" I said that my wife thinks so, but I don't believe in them, and asked why. She said that the this place was that lady's heart and soul and she doesn't think she would ever leave it.

I told her the story of the balloon, and she said there's no way the balloon could have travelled like that. She believes, like my wife, that it was a ghost, and it was this lady's ghost, trying to protect my boy and take the balloon away since it could be bad for him.

I asked what she did in that room, and she said she wasn't sure. The upstairs always creeped her out, especially that room.

Small world.

#11 Two Sandwiches, Apr 14, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    Jontro likes this.
  12. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

So you got a cool ghost that protects you. If you ever sell the house make sure you put that as an amenity. Who needs to waste money and electricity powering camera's and so fourth when you got a ghost on your team.

Do the board a favor. Ask her if she can make an exception & leave the house a few evenings the next few months. Ask her to 'draft' the ball away from the opponents hoop this playoff season.

13. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

i think you should set up a pottery wheel and play some everly brothers.

studogg, Jontro, Os Trigonum and 4 others like this.
  14. Two Sandwiches

I honestly thought about using her as my own Alexa.

Her name was Jane.

"Jane, can you get the kitchen lights for me?"

"Jane, can you take the meatloaf out of the oven?"

"Jane, can you make sure the Rockets win tonight?"

15. conquistador#11

wouldn't every house be haunted then? There are a lot sick evil people in the world and they die.
    I say that and my sister was staying over at my place when she tells my wife she saw a large bulky figure in our room.
    Unless my wife is banging pancakes, I see no explanation.
    It freaked me out to say the least. When I was alone, I might have showered with the shower curtain opened the following day.
    The wifey does have an obsession with ouija boards something all of us catholics fear but she's too hot to hold that against her.

Jontro and Two Sandwiches like this.
  16. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Plot twist: You're the ghost. Sorry breh. You died and nobody wanted to tell you.

17. Two Sandwiches

I am great friends with Haley Joel Osment.

justtxyank likes this.
  18. GIGO

GIGO Member

The Beard triumphed last night. Hopefully she'll stop getting confused about which side she's supposed to be on @TC next time.

Realjad likes this.
  19. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

I wanted to reply when you first posted, but I wasn't quite ready to share.

I always believed in spirits, but never really had any experiences, until Dad passed. The day we layed Dad to his final rest, right before the casket was closed, my youngest sister wanted to get Dad's fingerprint to make a charm. The funeral home brought the ink and had to try every one of Dad's fingers before getting a good print on the last finger.

Well, fingerprinting ink can be messy, no matter how much you try to wipe it off. After the services, all my siblings were in Dad's bedroom and my brother and I were teasing my sister about laying Dad to his eternal rest with dirty hands, when out of the blue, Dad's USINS Stetson hats fell to the floor. These hats were on the shelf above the mirror and had not been touched or moved since Dad and Mom moved into this home in 2004.

There are four other instances of Dad making his presence known since he passed.

I was speaking to a coach and good friend, and he told me of a similar experience he had after his Dad passed.

I know some people will say we want to see our Dad's in everything, but this isn't like seeing his likeness in the clouds.

I'm not saying I think a spirit moved the balloon, but I am saying I do believe in spirits making themselves known to us.

Jontro and Two Sandwiches like this.
  20. Two Sandwiches

A new balloon ended up in an upstairs room today, further than the last balloon. This one ended up in the bedroom directly above where it started.

I think my wife may be starting to see that that's just what happens.

Entropy and Falcons Talon like this.