1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Get over it!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RikQuik, Nov 30, 1999.

1. RikQuik

RikQuik Member

I usually do not post much, but I tire of hearing about Pippen. True, he screwed us; he quit on a team and a city that wanted him. However, the trade is done, and there is little else to say.
    I find it hard to believe that our record would be much better with him here. Those of you who slam Wiz for his D need to remember Pip's D was lousy last year. True, Pip was better on the offensive end, and he still is. He fits well in Portland, as long as Grant is out. We will have to wait and see how he responds to being the 4th or 5th option with Grant back.
    Without the trade, can you imagine where we would be with Hakeem out for a month? We had already traded Carr and released Roberts, so I guess our big mann would be..Hamilton?? Oh, and don't forget: we would have kept Matt and Don. They are so good that they can still be found in the unemployment line.
    Did Portland come out ahead? Yes. Did we come out ahead? We at least stayed even. We might have won 2~3 games more with Pip, but that still puts us in a bad place.
    Pip will get injured as the season takes its toll. That's natural. So will Chuck, and Hakeem already has. Younger legs last longer, and these guys have a lot of miles on them.
    The problem last year was spacing, and the problem this year is spacing. Chuck and dream both play to the left, and it is hard for anyone to slash with half the court cut off. Hakeems injury, sad to say,should be the turning point for the team, as far as offense goes.
    I don't believe we will win it all this year, but we wouldn't have with Pip either.
    If you are not going to win it either way, you might as well do what's best for next year. And I believe we have.
    OK..I'll come down off of my soapbox now.
    So...read any good books lately??