1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. HOUSTON ROCKETS STREAM
    We're watching the Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone press conference now, reacting to their comments

Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone Press Conference
    Dismiss Notice

Get it done. Bring KLove to Houston.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jul 8, 2019.

1. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I think we also have the <120% on Nene so we could send him out at 4.7M and include our cash and send 4 of the others I believe. It might be all 5 but I forget. As part of the deal we also have TPE slots to take back some contracts if it works.

They want to get out of the tax and will probably have to eat the small portion of JR Smith’s contract. It it could be delayed I would love to be able to repackage some players in Sept and get his $15M expiring that NGs to 4.4M but I would have to see the dates again.

joshuaao likes this.
  2. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Look who’s asking.

3. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hey, Minnesota .....pistols or sabers?...Ahaha..you better read the thread, chump...before you make an even bigger ass of yourself than usual.
    Better yet, why don't you shove off.
    We're talking hoops here...something you know nothing about.

4. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

The scenario where we trade for Love without losing Ego seems far fetched but I would LOVE that for our team. That being said even if we had to lose Gordon, I think it's worth it. I'm having a hard time imagining Ego coming back next year anyway - he seemed miserable half the time he was here anyway. We mind as well get something of value back in return for him before he leaves for nothing and we are forced to play the FA game with $14mil(doesn't get you very far these days).

BigMaloe, joshuaao and Plowman like this.
  5. Rockets1897

Rockets1897 Member

What do you mean ‘play the FA game with 14M’ ? You do realise we are over the cap and if Gordon bolts we only have the mid level exception for a possible replacement?

6. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I think like all players EGo hates uncertainty. If we got Love and went to resign him to an extension to stay here I think a lot would be forgiven. Right now he just knows his name is always brought up and he could go anywhere. Next year we are going to use Early Bird on Rivers which is only fair for what he gave up. EGo will get more here than he will elsewhere security and knowing you are wanted by a contract carry a lot more weight than trade rumors. That said, I don’t have any faith right now we do either.

7. D-rock

D-rock Member

If going to lose EGo, then I'd rather trade for Aaron Gordon or Chuma Okeke.

Love is done. I'd rather aquire players on the upside of career rather than downside.

Plus AG is much better fit than Love for Rockets. AG can switch D, run, jump, iso and hit treys.

8. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Wow, this would be a trip. Very "morey-esque" move.

That deal alone would cut $5,892,830 in salary, which gets them closer to being under the repeater tax.

We can then, in separate trades, acquire players into our tpe's to help shed even more salary.

Zizic into one
    Osman into another

After all that, the cavs would only be just over 700k above the tax threshold.

This alone could be very enticing to Cleveland. Throw in a 1st, and it doesn't seem implausible to consider from both sides.

I would be ecstatic if something like this were to happen where we would practically just be adding love to our core.

joshuaao, AroundTheWorld and Plowman like this.
  9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

If possible, I would like to keep Hartenstein. We’ve been developing him (as well as Clark, another guy I’d like to keep), and he’s been making progress. Keeping one or two young players like Hartenstein and Clark, and continuing to develop them, is something we don’t do enough of, IMO. It would be big (no pun intended) to acquire Love, an impact player if he can stay healthy, and worth the risk, in my opinion. Risk is part of the game.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I think they like Zizic and Osman. Can't they just waive Smith? He's only got 4 mill guaranteed on his deal.

Da Wink likes this.
  11. icewill36

icewill36 Member

why do you guys keep throwing out names that arent available ? why would the magic want to give up gordon ?

BeBreezy likes this.
  12. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Why are you guys still talking this while Timan won't pay any dollar?

13. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Lol I thought that was obvious that defensive rebounding isnt out problem

14. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Plus with the NBA switch everything he will be on the perimeter on a switch, negating that too. U gotta think alittle bit deeper my man

15. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

This is the only type of scenario where a Kevin Love trade is acceptable.

Relativist likes this.
  16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

What's even better than having K Love as a Rocket would be to strap him to a rocket and blasting him off to somewhere far away from Houston.

17. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

All the more reason to try to trade the contract if we are planning on spending the next few years over the cap going "all in". I hate saying that about Gordon too because he is a great player and a legit good story(was one of my faves before injuries derailed his early career) but unfortunately this is how you have to operate with cap constraints especially when you have CP's window closing. EGO needs to either let us know if he is going to resign and if not, you gotta move him along.

18. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'm on board with this scenario and I'll even add 3 1st Rounders....only to send them all to Washington for Bradley Beal.

tc0330 likes this.
  19. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Why would nene agree to a sign and trade?

20. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

I would rather have Gallo or Iggy, both of whom only have 1 year left on their deals. If they could be had for Shumpert, minimum players and a pick.

baller4life315 likes this.