1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

German police injured in clashes with far-right protesters

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Oct 26, 2014.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

http://news.yahoo.com/german-police-clash-far-protesters-174802981.html

Berlin (AFP) - At least 13 German riot police were injured Sunday in clashes with far-right hooligans rallying against Islamist extremism in the western city of Cologne, a police spokesman told SID agency, an AFP subsidiary.

Six people were arrested and one of the police officers was seriously hurt, the spokesman told the German sports news agency.

Police used batons, pepper spray and water cannon against the protesters, who hurled rocks, bottles and firecrackers at them, he said.

Around 2,500 hardline football fans and far right extremists from across Germany had massed under the banner "Hooligans against Salafists", drawing some 500 leftist and anti-fascist counter protesters.

Tensions escalated and right-wing protesters repeatedly yelled "Foreigners out!", reported national news agency DPA and witnesses using Twitter.

Earlier this month Kurds in Germany clashed with radical Muslims in the northern city of Hamburg and elsewhere, in street protests fuelled by the conflict involving the jihadist group Islamic State in northern Iraq and Syria.

-------------------

These neo-nazi thugs disgust me. I know some of the leftists and Islamists here would love to paint me as someone like them. But they disgust me as much as the salafists.

I hope they will not be able to capitalize on mainstream politicians' failure to address the problem of political Islam. Anyone who warns of the dangers of political Islam is immediately painted in the far right-wing corner by leftists and called "bigots" or "racists" (even though all they are doing is criticizing a bigoted ideology called political Islam), so many just don't talk about it.

And then thugs like these neo-nazi scum hooligans try to profit from the fact that reasonable liberals and conservatives who tried to criticize political Islam have been silenced by the totalitarian leftist thought police...

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i would expect that as municipalities there start inevitably having to declare bankruptcy, immigrant groups will be targeted even further, and not just by the far-right groups.

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Too late ATW, you can't hide your bigotry by posting this stuff now. Too late. We all know the truth.

I am a critic of today's Islam. But you are a bigot. The line was crossed when you attack Islam for in and of itself, and say it will inherently lead to violence and savagery. That is not criticism, it is prejudice.

You are an inspiration for these kinds of people. Congrats!

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Stating that an ideology inherently promotes antiquated ideas that are not compatible with modern secular morality is not bigotry. The Quran interpreted literally is inherently not compatible with modern secular morality. Plain and simple. ****, most Muslims agree with this.

1 person likes this.
  5. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Were any of the hooligans wearing hitler beards?

6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I would be a target for these people - not an inspiration. But don't let that get in the way of your fake outrage.

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Radical Islam is totally out of control -- I was completely surprised by this news -- I did nazi it coming at all.

8. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

You mean, like this?

[​IMG]

I don't know, I wasn't there. Didn't see any in the news articles, but it didn't look pretty. It's a shame that these people exist.

1 person likes this.
  9. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Member

dude you have the mental capabilities of a child. How is it bigoted in any way to point out that Islam - using the Quran/Hadiths themselves - promotes violence. Do you even know what bigotry is? you can't be bigoted towards an Ideology, only towards people. I can say an ideology is wrong, without acting bigoted towards those who follow that ideology. You clearly don't have enough of a grasp in terms of reading comprehension to understand the criticisms of Islam that people have nor of the words you are using to make a coherent argument.

1 person likes this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

You are not very bright.

1 person likes this.
  11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Christianity and Judaism, and even Hinduism all promote antiquated ideas that today would be viewed as horrifically backwards and not compatible with modern day society.

If Islam is inherently violent, so are many other religions.

What nookie and atw, and pharaoh man can't think enough to grasp this idea. They think it's apologizing or making excuses when in reality i am merely pointing out the gross flaw in logic their basis for their argument stands on.

They are either bigots or they are stupid. Which one is it?

12. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

You are equating religions that are clearly not equal. This makes your argument hugely flawed and your conclusion false.

13. Buck Turgidson

This is true, (Buddhism too!) but the "unreformed" sects are on a much, much, much smaller scale. You have to admit that, right?

14. Buck Turgidson

I think the Brits had it right back in the day: round up all your assholes, ship them to an island halfway across the world, turn them loose, call it "Australia"

Then again, they did the same thing here and that's how we ended up with Georgia.

We need more islands. Get to work on that, ATW.

15. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Member

dude just because other religions are wrong doesn't make Islam right I don't know why you keep making that point... again it is irrelevant. we are not discussing the practices of Christianity or Hinduism or Buddhism, and just because other religions are flawed, doesn't make islam's flaws any better.

The antiquated practices of Christianity are not to go kill people for leaving the religion, stoning adulterers, oppressing women, etc. Those other religions are not inherently violent to anywhere near the extent that mainstream Islam is. For example, in Christianity, Jesus was basically a pacifist. I'm not sure how following his personal actions would make you violent... On the other hand, Mohammad was basically a warlord... Does it not make sense that following the actions of a warlord could make you more violent than following the actions of a pacifist lol? It seems pretty clear to me.

16. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Neo nazis are on the rise across Europe. Some are getting elected. Too many Euros are upset with Middle Eastern and African immigrants and blaming everything on them. I don't know where this will go but it is unsettling and I fear it will only lead to more and more problems.

Even the more accommodating Brits are starting to have candidates with major "shut down the borders" platforms.

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

where did I say it does???

18. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

The spanish inquisition?

Catholicism was not a small sect.

Point is that if Church can evolve so can Islamic institutions.

19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

The first step to reform is acknowledging and working out what is wrong.

20. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Islam is a joke and a disgrace. An absolutely despicable group who are out to cause harm to the world. Nothing good comes from that sorry bunch. They are taught and encouraged to hate on others and cause physical and mental damage to others.