1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Georgetown students vote overwhelming in favor of $27 fee for slavery reparations

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by xcrunner51, Apr 12, 2019.

1. biff17

biff17 Member

To late to edit African American.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

IQ tests aren't racist, but the misuse of them to advance the unproven and un-backed claim that some races and ethnicities are smarter is racist.

I get that you will go with 'what feels right in your gut' or what your 'gut is telling you' over actual scientific research and study, but that only means that you are missing out.

3. Senator

Senator Member

Nice to see a smart, well thought out post instead of the usual rambling drivel. Lower IQ's tell themselves by out typing or out numbering you they've won, but anyone who operates in the world of merit rolls their eyes and moves on. Colin McHugh is not a better pitcher than Max Schwerzer because he's on your team and you want to will it. The "my team vs your team" concept hurts greater society and schools need to ease up on tribalism.

Ultimately, we want a society of minimal violence where race does not matter and people really can be seen based on merit. We have to use racist measures like affirmative action to get there, which is why I support it, but as the "results" show, it's not doing it's intended job until the benefactors contribute towards innovation, job creation and development instead of just collecting paychecks.

The premise of UBI is here to stay once the cracks are ironed out.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It's pretty sad that you have to resort to replying to yourself.

biff17 likes this.
  5. Senator

Senator Member

Keep telling yourself that , the far left response to every argument beyond them.

What is your stance on the issue? How do you think reparations can be used to better the lives of people? Are they false sentiment to wash one's hands of white guilt? Do they promote a culture of needing handouts? What amount is needed, would a UBI of $1,000 a month qualify? If you never have anything of value to add other than your own heavily biased experiences, keep your racial hatred to yourself.

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I already gave my opinion on this matter. Post #19 of this thread.