1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

George Karl to UNC- BUcks going down??

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by JayZ750, Jul 9, 2000.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Word is if Larry Brown passes on the job, KArl is in the waiting and would probably be coaching next year at UNC. Personally, I feel that BRown would be the better coach as he teaches defense so well, but that isnt my point.

If Brown passes, and Karl takes it, what happens to the Bucks. I kinda feel that this is a BUcks team with a pulse of George KArl in them. While they wouldnt completely fall apart, I think at best they would be another 8th seed, or upper lottery team.

------------------
    When I die I want to go peacefully like my grandfather. Not screaming like the passengers in the back seat!

2. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

Just above 10 baby, just above 10.

------------------
    The ClutchCity 500.

3. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Man this is great- Sam Perkins, Detlef Schrempf and George Karl all possibly leaving the NBA this summer! Brighter days are certainly ahead. [​IMG]

------------------
    WE WILL WATCH THEM FALL... next year, at least. :(

4. SuperS32

SuperS32 Member

As long as they get the 11th pick in the draft, I could careless what happens to the bucks

------------------
    "There are two rules for success... 1) Never tell everything you know."

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Whoa, Karl is an excellent defensive coach. Plus, he'll be able to coach that zone defense he likes to use so well.

------------------
    Just because you're white and play basketball doesn't mean you're a Matt Bullard clone, despite idiotic accusations to the contrary.

visit www.swirve.com

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Karl may be an ok defensive coach, but that is undoubtedly what has failed him in winning it all so far. Milwaukee, for example, is one of the best offensive teams in the NBA. Their defense, however, let them down throughout the season. Once they got to the playoffs, true, KArl showed that he has knowledge and startegy defensively.
    But, you cant possibly argue that KArl is a better professional defensive coach than BRown. COllege wise, its arguable.

------------------
    When I die I want to go peacefully like my grandfather. Not screaming like the passengers in the back seat!