1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

George Karl says NBA has PED issue

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by 92i, Dec 27, 2016.

1. 92i

92i Member

2. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Lol this guy is so mad, it's been bottled up for decades I suppose. He's prob talking about LBj, wade?

Nook and amaru like this.
  3. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Too many people are educated about health and performance to even want to go there. If he doesn't know about the latest enhancements in training and dieting then it's his fail. What an idiot.

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Is this a joke? You think guys are too educated now to put that stuff in their bodies? lol

DudeWah likes this.
  6. hooroo

hooroo Member

wade's ever growing jaw says hi

7. T for 3

T for 3 Member

and how can we ignore lebron's barry bond's-esk melon

8. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

You need to get out more and notice that not every person in the world has a slender face and small jawline.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Vin2k2 and hakeem94 like this.
  10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Next he'll say the 76ers have been purposely throwing games for years.

11. mrm32

mrm32 Member

All of these bits from his book is more than enough for me to buy it. Good job, George!

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Marc Gasol is immune. He's called Manboobs so much that Morey was too embarrassed to draft him even though his data said otherwise.:D

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I thought they started testing last year?

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Not sure when, but they do test for steroids. The CBA says the penalty for first positive is a 5 Game suspension. So, I question the word "rampant" (assuming it's hard to beat the random testing), although I'm betting Raphiael Putney got caught. Because mar1juana requires 3 positives for a 5 game suspension, and Drugs of Abuse have a 1yr suspension on first positive. So, that leaves the 180lb Putney (5 game suspension last spring) likely getting caught trying to beef up.

15. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Supposedly Kobe always went to Germany too?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

hakeem94 and Houstunna like this.
  16. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Meh. Players take far more dangerous substances as is, this is not one of the top priorities health wise imo. If the players are doing it by choice and under the supervision of a doctor (not a trainer), I have zero problem with this. Unfortunately I don't think they would even be able to find a medical professional to supervise it for them. Also there is a risk of these commercial entities taking hold of the process and taking it too far as always.

Karl is never going to get another coaching gig so he figures he'll cash in with his book no matter what it takes. Some of it will be true, some embellished. I doubt he's outright lying.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/derrick-rose-says-peds-a-huge-issue-in-the-nba.204661/

18. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

That's what I was thinking that this book is the end of his NBA coaching career but he probably knows that given his advanced age and retirement was looming already. His stint in Sactown didn't help his chances of getting another NBA gig.

He's stirred the pot with this book hoping it'll sell but seriously is anyone interested in what George Karl has to say or write about. I think his book will be a bust.

#18 tiger0330, Dec 27, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
  19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The people who helped George Karl write his book failed him miserably.

This is a guy who won nearly 1200 games and went to the playoffs 22 out of 25 years before the Sacramento Kings fiasco.

He's burned all of that now.

I've never liked the guy for various reasons. I briefly thought his personality turned a corner when his son Coby went through cancer treatments, but not too long afterwards he reverted back to form.

The vindictive jerk in him won out in the end.

Rocket River likes this.
  20. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Probably every person who can afford it is on it. PED is so advanced these days unless you go the UFC-USADA route, no one is going to get caught.

I don't care for testing in the NBA anyway, doesn't really hurt anyone other than the athletes, but they chose that path themselves. In MMA people get in there to kill eachother, so being on PED is dangerous to their opponents, NBA not so much.

hakeem94 likes this.