1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

George Karl and the 15th pick

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Scarface, May 21, 2000.

1. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

George Karl just flat out said they were trading the 15th pick. Anyone wanna put some money on this trade relating somewhat to Glen Robinson being moved? My guess is that if they can find a suitor they will trade the #15 pick and Big Dog for something in order to make some money for their free agents(Ham and Thomas). Anyone think the Bucks would do a Drew and Los for #15 and a throw in? Then we could package this pick 2 get a higher pick..... Just throwing some stuff out there.

------------------
    "We need to fockass".....Dream back in the day

2. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

who would the trhow in be from the bucks side ? Unfortunately, im sure Karl feels that drew and los' are throw ins as well, so he may be reluctant to give the 15th pick for two "scrubs."

------------------
    "Don't they get cable in Canada ?" Keith olbermann, after watching hakeem block terry catledge's shot 5 times.

3. Scarface

Supporting Member

Well pick #15 is not that valuable this year according to Karl and Los gives them a little front court depth and Drew a backup to "Castle". The Bucks would then look to package maybe Big Dog in another deal with maybe someone else or they could use say Drew and Big Dog for someone else. This would free up cap room for them (I don't know their cap situation right now) to re-sign Tim Thomas and Darvin Ham. Like I said earlier I'm just throwing some stuff out as I have no sources [​IMG]

------------------

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Lets say that NJ or the Grizz are even willing to part with their picks for two later on, I really wouldnt be surprised to see Orlando give up 2 of theirs. What would tehy be keeping them for anyways. I mean, in my opinion, the number 10 and 13 would be more enticing and I am sure if Orlando saw that either of these teams was shopping their pick, they might make this move. Even better for them, they also have the number five, which they could throw in (say the 5 and 13) for the first or second pick. It has been said more than once now that this isnt a deep draft, so if I was Orlando I would definitely be thinking of this approach. Then, the Rockets would definitely be stuck as, while the number 9 is enticing, Karl is pretty accurate, why the hell would someone really need the number 15 pick in this draft???? (especially for immediate help)

------------------
    Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!

5. vince

vince Member

The 15th and the Big Dog for Drew and Carlos Rogers plus a throw in. Sorry to burst your bubble but that seems like a laugher.

Why do trades brought up by us Rocket fans favor the Rockets in such lop sided fashion? Well other than its fun to bring up. [​IMG]

Ah, but Karl likley wont do this trade. Robinson an all star who get 20 points and 10 rebounds a game.

------------------

6. rocketsfan34

rocketsfan34 Contributing Member

One reason I'd just trade for the 15 pick is to get Stevenson if he's there. The guy has unbelievable talent, well worth the risk.

------------------
    Check out the new and improved
    Draftsource.net

7. Scarface

Supporting Member

Re-read it Vince I never said Big Dog was involved. I said that if they move the #15 look for Big Dog 2 b included but I did not include Glen in my proposed trade. 1st of all the contracts would not even come close to matching 2nd of all Big Dog would require either Cat Shandon or Kenny along with it. I said a throw in, as much as people hate on Big Dog no1 in there right mind would consider him a throw in. The guy is clutch and that is worth a few more points in my book.

Jigga Man: I should have added this earlier the Rox would probably do this trade if they could work out a deal with another team before hand, and this would be thus a threeway deal or two individual deals. However even if were not able to trade up I would still make a trade like that. "Los" was nothing special (i liked his game but the kid ain't gonna get significantly better) and Drew I never liked from the get go (he might do better on another team or maybe not) so we lose two avg players for a #15 pick which we get to gamble on again, and if we add another player say Scott Williams, or another of Karl's bench then even better. Fact is we need 2 move Drew and Los is expendable as he is not someone that can help that much we need Frontcourt help and if thats what its going to take then so be it.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Scarface (edited May 22, 2000).]

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Scarface
    That is a good point. While I personally liked Los, he was missing a good portion of the season and I truely dislike Bryce so I owuldnt mind to take a chance on somebody at 15-if were lucky a Moiso or Stevenson or Etan Thomas or somebody-that would be fine with me as a good compliment to Darius Miles (fingers crossed). I dont know if we could get the pick and somebody like Scott Williams just for Los and Drew, but you never know.

My only point was that it would be idiotic to give up someone like Cato as part of this deal--I might even be sad to see KT go for just a 15 pick, even though he was lower last year. I guess if we got a good deal though, I wouldnt mind seeing him go either as you never know!?!?!

------------------
    Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!

9. Scarface

Supporting Member

Well capologicaly speaking (i know u liked that one) the trade would not be able to happen if they dont include someone so if I remember correctly Williams signed a huge contract with team X(i can't remember who) after his championship years with da bulls I believe his contract should be up pretty soon and his contract would cover both drew and los(not sure though, i could b totaly wrong)I really can't think of another player the bucks would send other than..... gasp.... Mirsad Turkan "sam"

------------------