1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

George Foreman's Lean, Mean, Fat-Reducing Grilling Machine!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lynus302, May 12, 2000.

1. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Does anyone else have one of these things? I got one for x-mas, and I'll be damned if it isn't the greatest invention since the wheel.

I use it constantly. Burgers, steaks, bacon, chicken, even Eggos are just awesome. Watching the grease roll out is pretty gross, though.

Okay, now I sound like an infomercial.

Dinnertime now. Time for a T-bone!

[​IMG]

------------------
    I need a new signature.

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

WOO! My brother! LOL!

Greatest invention ever indeed. Slam a steak on there and it'll be done in a few minutes. Grill anything... awesome!! I bought one about a year or two ago and they are indeed worth the money. The only negative I've had so far is that the Teflon or whatever coating they use does tend to scratch pretty easily.

------------------
    ?

3. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

I don't know how well it cooks, but I saw a special on the news about products that don't do what they advertise, and this was one of them. It does't reduce fat significantly at all.

------------------
    I have a dream.........his name's Hakeem.

4. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I saw a friends mom use one of these and I was instantly in love with it. We were also discussing them at work and how great of a job they do. Also heard they have a killer cooking time.

Where can I get one of these? (I don't watch TV) And how much do they cost?

DREAMer: I rarely believe anything the media (Ie. special reports) says. Its all hype and biased. If I heard the report, (and only the report) I would be inclined not to buy one, but with the overwhelming response from consumers, its a must buy item.

------------------

5. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Space Ghost:
    They sell them at Wal Mart. I've got the mid-size one (I think anyway; I know there is one smaller than the one I have). Like I said, I got it for x-mas, so I'm not too sure of the cost but its no more than $50 for the size I have. It comes with a small cookbook as well with several good recipes to get you started.

As to whether it significantly reduces fat, I don't know. I can say that for whatever you cook, a lot of fat runs into the drip tray, and the stuff remains really juicy and tastes great. If you're worried about health, you can cook vegetables, chicken, or just about any other healthy thing you can think of.

I like it more for the convenience than for any health reasons. It cooks steaks (thick ones, too) in about 4-5 minutes. Its not quite as good as an open BBQ pit, but its pretty freakin' close.

Just like the commercials say, you can cook just about anything you can think of. Its great for any sandwich: grilled cheese, toasted sandwiches with regular lunch meat, whatever combo you can think of.

Health issues aside, this thing is great and is definitely worth the money.

------------------
    I need a new signature.

6. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

i've got one,it does seem to get rid of fat. I got over 4 tablespoons of grease out of a 6 oz patty.

One thing though, it is hard to clean. The commercial doesn't tell you that.

------------------
    "Don't they get cable in Canada ?" Keith olbermann, after watching hakeem block terry catledge's shot 5 times.

7. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

A few notes on the fat reduction of this product:

The grilling machine does not significantly reduce fat from meat products. The "grease" that collects as the result of the incline is normally about 50% water. This is common of ANY grill where the fat drips through the grill itself or is collected through an incline.

The only way to significantly reduce fat when grilling is to use lean cuts of poultry or fish and avoid red meat and pork.

It is a nice grill. Being a vegetarian, I've used one for vegetables and for grilled cheese and I like it a lot. Buy it because it works well but don't believe that it reduces fat significantly. It doesn't.

Space Ghost: So, you believe the infomercials more than the media? Who do you think has more to gain by a positive review? The only people suggesting the grill reduces fat are the people selling it.

------------------
    "No one gets out ALIVE!"
    SaveOurRockets.com

8. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Jeff: Infomercials? Ha! If I watched those, I would know where to buy one. I just hate the media...can't believe anything they tell you. The consumers i was referring to are people like you, Lynus, and everyone else that enjoys the product.

------------------

9. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

Gotcha. I thought that seemed odd! [​IMG]

I gotta tell ya', though. The best way to grill is using a Redi Smoke. They are not as easy as the Foreman, obviously, but man they make EVERYTHING taste good.

I use them for veggie burgers, baked potatoes, corn on the cob - you name it! Damn, now I'm hungry!

------------------
    "No one gets out ALIVE!"
    SaveOurRockets.com