1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Geno Smith out 6 - 10 weeks with a broken jaw

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by joeson332, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Heard on In the Trenches this AM the limo was there waiting at the airport for him and he no showed. Total BS; you can lob a phone call or text and cancel it?

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It doesn't matter why he no-showed, if you want to be a team leader, you can't be essentially taking advantage of teammates like that. 600 bucks is nothing to them so if you say you are going to pay someone back, you should do it.....and if you then don't pay them back and put your finger in their face and say "You're not going to do anything about it", don't be shocked when they break your jaw.

Personally I think Geno looks worse in this deal than Ik Enemkpali does. I'd consider taking a risk on the LB that couldn't keep his cool before I'd take a chance on the scrub QB that screws over his teammates.

3. Remii

Remii Member

So what... That type of stuff happens all the time. When you're not paying someone to do something _ you may not be at the top of their contact list if they have an emergency and can't attend. And if you spent money on the plane ticket and whatever else... They are not necessarily responsible to pay you back for it.

Actually in a way this guy was trying to take advantage of Geno. I'm sure Geno wasn’t begging a no name 6th round pick for a chance to attend his camp in some small town in Texas during his off time for free.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Geno isn't anybody though. Also, he said he'd pay him back....you say you will pay someone back, you have to pay them back.

5. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

geno was primed for a breakout year too

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Source: IK Enemkpali was claimed by the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Bills?src=hash">#Bills</a>. For real. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rex?src=hash">#Rex</a></p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/631561073318100993">August 12, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

I still think he has a chance. Scrubpatrick just needs to keep the team afloat until Geno comes back.

8. Remii

Remii Member

Well, maybe he should have asked you instead of Geno to come to his camp since he isn't anybody.

No you don't... Unless you're contractually obligated to.

And this wasn't about money... It was about pride and ego and the guy is lucky Geno didn't press charges.

9. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

NY Post – It started with a dare. Ryan Clark, an NFL analyst for ESPN, gave a blow-by-blow Wednesday morning of how the drama between Jets quarterback Geno Smith and now-former reserve linebacker IK Enemkpali unfolded after speaking with two players who were in the locker room. Smith “put his fingers” in his teammate’s face before he was sucker-punched, sustaining a broken jaw that will sideline him for at least six weeks. “These guys were in each other’s face,” Clark said on ESPN’s radio show “Mike & Mike.” “Geno put his finger in his face and told the guy, ‘Well, you’re not going to do anything about it.’” He was wrong, as the tough-guy comments caused Enemkpali to knock Smith to the ground with a single punch. The trouble started when Enemkpali laid out $600 for Smith to travel to a football camp in July. Weeks went by and he didn’t get reimbursed. “It became about the fact that Geno wasn’t necessarily apologetic and being in a way remorseful about the money when saying he was going to pay IK back and he didn’t,” said Clark, a former safety with the Steelers, Redskins and Giants. “He was rather smug about it.” Clark knows from his own dealings with Enemkpali that the hulking 24-year-old doesn’t mess around when it comes to his money. “This guy is really tight about money, he really is,” Clark said. “He couldn’t [move on].” He added he’s spoken to Enemkpali since the fight, saying he was “extremely apologetic.”

Well Eugene. He did something about it! He may not have gotten the 600 bucks back. But he certainly did, in fact, do something about the money. This is kind of what I was saying earlier about who’s to blame. I dont care who is involved or what the circumstances are. Normal people, rich people, poor people. If you owe big money or little money. If youre in a heated dispute and someone wags a finger in your face and says “You aint gonna do **** about it” you better be ready for a fist flying at your jaw. Thats just instigating 101. Geno clearly felt like he was a tough guy. Untouchable. Nobody-will-****-with-me sorta attitude. Well dude you picked the wrong guy. You picked the wrong guy to owe money to. You picked the wrong guy to stick your fingers in his face. I cant really officially “blame” Geno with these circumstances but I can certainly give him the old “You were asking for it.” Geno talked the talk and Enemkpali walked the walk.

http://www.barstoolsports.com/newyo...ce=facebook&utm_medium=socialflow#getcomments

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I really don't have much sympathy for Geno in this situation. Guy has always come off like an entitled prick.

11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I wonder if Fitzpatrick slipped $600 to IK for allowing him to be the starter before Week 2 or 3.

12. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

wow...Cant believe that Rex picked him up...Rex is the world's biggest troll...

13. joeson332

joeson332 Member

hated him ever since the Texas game in 2012

14. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

I would have released Geno too. Not because he's at fault, but because IMO he has completely lost that locker room and will not be able to lead them.

Also he's terrible. Just terrible.

15. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Rex loves "talk **** get hit" type attitude. It'll work for the Bills the first couple years then it will all come crashing down per the usual Rex pattern.

16. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Well, so much for my theory that this kids career was thrown away...Rex comes in for the save.

17. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

He only gets his salary if he makes the team. Rex could still cut him.

18. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Rex will get the scoop on the Jets offense and defense, then dispose of him, haha.

19. mick fry

mick fry Member

It was probably a team contribution. The Jets are actually better now and I still think we gave Fitzy away for little of nothing.

20. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Ryan Fitzpatrick just sucks. He had an insanely good game which skewed his stats, but in general he is a scrub.