1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gee I sure am glad...

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Refman, Jul 31, 2002.

1. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

that getting Dave Mlicki back was just as good as making a trade. Just goes to show how stupid Bill Worrell is. He was the one to make that statement.

For those of you not watching, Mlicki is getting hit really hard in the first inning. :mad:

2. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

this is depressing. I wait all day to watch this game, and this happens. 6-0

3. rezdawg

When Ordonez hits a double, then you know you have to change the pitcher. Horrible performance.

4. Refman

If we didn't try to make a deal for a starter, we should have. I'd much rather have Paul Wilson or Paul Byrd starting this game.

Oh geez...Mlicki hasn't posted a win since April 27 against ATL. :rolleyes:

5. rezdawg

They keep pouring it on. Wow. Im speechless.

6. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

ok, mlicki had a darn good era going into the game and pitched an excellent game last time out. of course getting blown-up like this doesn't help but talk about taking advantage of 20/20 hindsight.

7. Astro101

Astro101 Member

Well, since Dave's back, he got one good start, and now tonight. I'll give him one more start before judging him some more.

8. Refman

I wouldn't call a 3.67 a darned good ERA. It's within the realm of being average...but not good.

9. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

For 3rd starter (and seriously, he probably is more of a 4th or 5th starter if it were not for injuries) 3.67 is a darned good ERA. What is this, the knee jerk reaction thread? Hell, only two guys got hits tonight. Let's just trade the whole rest of the team because they are obviously worthless.

10. Refman

I think it's important to note here that in his last 7 starts, Mlicki is 0 and 5 with a 7.36 ERA. :eek:

11. RunninRaven

Supporting Member

I think it is important to note that in the his start before tonight he pitched excellently, and deserved the win...which goes to show exactly how important the W/L statistic is. Mlicki is far from an outstanding pitcher, but everyone goes through slumps. He will get it together.

12. Major

Major Member

I wouldn't call a 3.67 a darned good ERA. It's within the realm of being average...but not good.

A 3.67 ERA would put him at ~20th in the league, which is way better than expected from a 3/4/5 starter. Even with this disaster, he would be top-40 if he had enough innings to qualify.

13. ESource

ESource Member

Well at least they won't have him back next season. Wonder if Shane is willing to take less money to come back next year?

14. Refman

No wins since April 27 before his last start and a 7.36 ERA over his last 7 starts is a pretty big slump.

15. Refman

I hate to say this, but Shane is just about done. His back is now a chronic problem and it won't get significantly better. :(

16. RunninRaven

Supporting Member

Wasn't he injured for a decent amount of that time? Would that not also effect some of his starts before and after his injury?

17. Refman

Perhaps...but that doesn't explain tonight. Seems to me that he is mediocre and his last start was the aberration.

18. RunninRaven

Supporting Member

Lots of pitchers have bad nights. Do you try to explain it every time ANYONE has a bad night? The guy is not a superstar, but he has put together an excellent season up to this point, even counting last night's game.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

When is Carlos Hernandez coming back?

DaDakota

20. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

Hernandez will probably be back just in time for the strike.

As far as the Mets game. Miliki flat out got shelled. Turnabout is fair play or so they say.....