1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gary Clark

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by aurocketfan, Nov 4, 2018.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He has an intriguing combo of skills and athleticism.

Solid defensive rebounder and shot blocker, gets steals, and has ideal length, strength, and athleticism for switching from bigs to smalls.

2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

3. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

For a rookie he's doing great. I hope to see him get lots of minutes so he can develop into a valuable rotation player. I don't know what his ceiling is but he seems to be more comfortable out there the more minutes he gets, which is natural. When I see him sub in it gives me hope. His preseason was great and I think he just needs to acclimate himself to NBA play. So far he hasn't held the team back while doing that.

I feel the same to a lesser degree about Hartenstein.

I feel like they can both be good role players for us, in areas of real need, if they're given the minutes to get comfortable with NBA pace and intensity.

theimpossibles1, Rashmon, HP3 and 9 others like this.
  4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Clark's shooting has been better than expected. His BB IQ is high and that is very important to him settling in. And he can do other things without the ball. He boxes out. He moves the ball when passed. He can block some shots. He does not hesitate on shooting if the shot is clean.

I don't think he has starter potential. BUT he has "bench rotation" potential. That is what you look for at the back end of the 1st round of the draft. And they got it as an undrafted player. Excellent.

Batman Jones, Nook, HP3 and 4 others like this.
  5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

All jokes aside , what happens when two way time is up ? Can we sign him to a normal contract ??

He's in the rotation right now but might not be when Gordon comes back

It will be interesting to see what happens going forward

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He's been the lone pleasant surprise this season. Hope he continues to get better and solidifies himself in the rotation long-term.

7. High Vibrationz

Yea i misread ,my bad ,but over the last 3 years Egod Is shooting 32%percent on 3s ,Jimmy shooting 36% percent,

8. bmd

bmd Member

Yes.

9. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

MCW is about to show the world he's on Bobby Brown's level! BACK OFF!

10. bmd

bmd Member

Eric Gordon is shooting 36% from 3 over the past 3 seasons. You simply added up the percentages of each season and averaged them. That's not how you properly do the math.

For example... if last year I took 500 3's and made 250 of them for 50%, and this year I only took 10 3's and made 1 of them for 10%, you don't just average the percentages and get 30% over 2 seasons. That 50% was on a much higher number of attempts compared to the 10%. So you have to take the totals and average them... not the percentages.

11. Remlap

Remlap Member

12. macan

macan Member

i start to like Clark, he should be taking all MCW's mins!
    just demote MCW to ball boy plz

High Vibrationz likes this.
  13. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

He's been doing his job covering for Melo better these last few games. Still alot for him to learn but if he can hit that open 3 then he's earned himself a spot with that defense.

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  14. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Gary Clark!

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  15. T. Will tha Don

You officially are a clown azz weirdo.... basement boy

el_locoteee likes this.
  16. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Slow feet. Will always be a limited defender. Seems to know how to play a bit though.

17. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

You people will never ever fully appreciate Mbah a Moute. Luc is stronger, longer, quicker and smarter than this guy. He's better at nearly everything.

Tankeio, HP3, DudeWah and 1 other person like this.
  18. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I think the kid is better than everyone is suggesting, even the ones praising him. He's just as good as Ariza was last year already.

19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Gary Clark paired with Carmelo

#39 Deuce, Nov 5, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  20. txn

txn Member

Clark got some real potential to be our "Draymond Green". He just need to be a little bit stronger, so that he can hold the position on defense and rebounding. Definitely a huge plus for us in the long run.