1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Gary Clark

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by aurocketfan, Nov 4, 2018.

1. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Sorry for starting another thread, but it deserves its own thread. Dude hustles, has good D and can hit three’s. Would not mind him taking all of MCW’s minutes. He’s gonna be a great 3 & D guy in a few years.

2. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Stud.

Another great find by Morey.

He had legit starting potential as a 3&d guy in a few years.

He’s already starting to get rotation minutes.

He might end up being our Luc replacement my years end.

I think this kid is going to be really good for us not only this season but moving forward.

He’s also a nice trade piece in a butler deal imo.

Him and ennis are nice rotation guys.

To me his emergence is making giving up ego and picks for butler even more of a no brainer.

Jimmy Clark and ennis as the wing depth would be fantastic if we can keep both him and ennis. All three of those guy along with tucker can switch everything and hit threes. Butler is prob the worst three point shooter of the 4.

Melo is providing plenty of scoring to compensate losing egos production off the bench.

If knight can return at the all star break and even be 75% of what he once was, The rockets would be in the drivers seat again as GS biggest threat.

Do ego nene and chriss expiring contract with the 2021 lottery protected 1st and 2023 1st unprotected.

That’s got to be good enough to get butler to Houston, That’s a great get for Minny.

3. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I'd consider starting Clark with PJ at the forward spots …. Dude fits this team well.

MCW should never get minutes - Ever unless its a blowout and that's questionable.

4. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Bench MCW, good things happen.

13 in 33, el_locoteee, Remlap and 2 others like this.
  5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It's nice to see Clark gaining in confidence.

theimpossibles1, Remlap and fattz like this.
  6. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Dude is a scrub.

He just looks good because our other scrubs (MCW and [p]en155) are even worse. We have scrubs and certified scrubs on this team. Clark is just a scrub.

I guess his defense and hustling are good. High motor. And he has the potential to be a solid contributor to a team in a few years a la Covington and Temple (former Rockets scrubs). So I’ll give him that.

Would be better if his name was Clark Gary though.

#6 DudeWah, Nov 4, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
    smp, Hmc415 and hakeem94 like this.
  7. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

His shooting form and the quickness of his release is sublime, and he has the ability to be an A+ team defender.

Huge fan... I can see him taking over for PJ Tucker one day.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I can't decide if he's "KG with a 3 pointer" or "Dirk with defense"

Maybe he's an "off the ball MJ"?

Nook, Will, Swiss Roll and 2 others like this.
  9. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Gary Clark is getting better and better as a rookie which means he will play in the NBA for a long time.
    He has a great shooting touch, a lot of spiral on his 3 Point Shot, plus he has a deep range on his 3 point shot, he is a excellent shooter on those corner 3s. He can create, drive to the basket, excellent runner on fast breaks. Defensively he looks good laterally, rebounding,shot blocking.
    Thank goodness on finding him by Morey and the Front Office, whoever was the scout for finding Gary Clark, deserves a promotion and a raise.

#9 rockets1995, Nov 4, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  10. High Vibrationz

Bruh have u even seen jimmys 3 point percentage over the last 3 years? Its higher than gordon,i hate the fact that ppl love to post and talk crap yet never look at the stats,you're dumb

11. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

you should show more respect towards @YaoMing#1

MJ19 and fattz like this.
  12. onreego

onreego Member

He’s Luc’s replacement on a two-way contract. Just doesn't quite have that experience yet but if D'Antoni continues to give him consistent time ahead of MCW I can see him developing nicely. MCW mainly benefits from our lack of pg depth for PT. So Knight needs to develop a healing factor soon to keep MCW on the bench.

el_locoteee, D-rock and BigShasta like this.
  13. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Member

Coaches seem to not mind that either, lol

14. farhen

farhen Member

he somehow possesses slow feet though

15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I think it looks like he does, but isn't necessarily the case? He seems to go into tiny bursts of hyperdrive when necessary but generally moves around at a slowish pace.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. fattz

fattz Member

He is Ariza replacement not Luc’s. Clark is still going to get better, his ceiling is better than Ariza because his shot is naturally there—> his shooting won’t be streaky (Ariza couldn’t shot at the beginning of his career. TA over thinks and his shot becomes mechanical).

Clark’s IQ, motor, shot, defensive and offensive ability to play off the ball, size and contract are all very welcome here in Houston. Put him in the starting line up yesterday, please.

17. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Your lacking reading comprehension clearly

We’re did I mention Gordon?

I know jimmy is a 35% three point shooter

And no I still think EG is better 3 point shooter.

Gordon is a career 37.5% three point shooter

Jimmy is a career 34% three point shooter.

I just hate when ppl tell me to look at stats and don’t actually look themselves.

18. StrawberryJamm

MDA should try him in some small ball backup 5 minutes with him and tucker as the frontcourt when Gordon comes back to see how it looks.

How do these two way contracts work? Can't afford to send this guy to RGV.

basketballholic likes this.
  19. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I love his shooting stroke. So quick and efficient. It's totally different from his college form. I imagine that he will be a 40 percent 3 point shooter with reps and experience.

20. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

So he's a drug dealer that lays the pipe down but only bangs ugly chiks in the 3 range?

LHSPanther62, topinjs and penny1magic like this.