1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Garnett and Szczerbiak have altercation

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by countingcrow, Nov 15, 2000.

1. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

Wolves Garnett, Szczerbiak have altercation

Wednesday, November 15, 2000

Timberwolves forward Kevin Garnett had to be forcibly restrained Tuesday in an altercation with teammate Wally Szczerbiak.
    Garnett confronted Szczerbiak in the team's training room about an hour after practice and, after an exchange of words, was pulled away from Szczerbiak by forward Andrae Patterson and at least two other members of the team or staff. Szczerbiak was receiving treatment on a trainer's table.
    The incident, apparently the outgrowth of a heated moment during practice, spilled from the training room to the dressing area.
    As the altercation continued, several coaches and other members of the staff rushed down from the team's offices at Target Center. Coach Flip Saunders and vice president of basketball operations Kevin McHale came upon the scene shortly thereafter.
    Saunders said Tuesday night that he still didn't have all the details. But he added: "We have practices, and we have intense practices. When you go through intense practices, you end up having battles. When you have guys competing, that's all a part of it. It's nothing we haven't seen."
    Garnett and Szczerbiak could not be reached to comment Tuesday night.
    Moments before the altercation Tuesday, guard Terrell Brandon knelt and talked with a visibly agitated Garnett near Garnett's locker. Garnett was heard to say, "I'm going to deal with it now."

-- Steve Aschburner 
    © Copyright 2000 Star Tribune. All rights reserved. 

------------------

2. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Poor KG, needs to leave Wally World and come to Rocket Land.

------------------
    Only in America....do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries, and a diet coke.

3. RENDIGGLER3:20

Yeah Pimp sounds good to me!

Sounds like Wally better stay quiet for a while [​IMG]

------------------

4. jbond77

jbond77 Contributing Member

I think in practice garnett probably said something like "you're a crappy shooting guard wally, I wish we still had sealy"

and wally says "well if it wasn't for you're birthday party he wouldn't be dead"

making sense to the comment that garnett said to his teammate "I'm going to just deal with this"

makes sense....poor garnett, he feels guilty.

------------------
    -jbond77

5. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

I think Wally got mad when KG couldn't spell his name. [​IMG]

------------------
    Walt Williams is great

atheistalliance.org

[This message has been edited by DEANBCURTIS (edited November 15, 2000).]

6. oeilpere

oeilpere Member

More likely that KG is frustrated and maybe a little unnerved about all the distractiuons around his team lately.

So they get into a shouting match, and you know that KG has a mouth the size of Arkansas, and he says: " ... Maybe you should try playing ....(fill in the blanks) ...." and Wally says something like: ".... well maybe you should ....(fill in the blanks) ....". And the court scuffle stops before it really gets started. KG sits and stews. Then eventually he says: "... I'm going to deal with this (fecal material) right now...". The real scuffle starts.

For all those guys who keep saying this Smith thing is settled because Joe will sign here or there or whatever .... you all are missing the point. This Minnesota team has to make some major adjustments to get back on track. Signing JHoe Smioth does not solve some major rips with KG, McHale, Flip, etc ...

------------------

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

They were fighting over Joe Smiths locker or KG spelled his name Suckerbiak

------------------
    And Florida's 25 electoral votes go to ...Ralph Nader