1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Garcia appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NL Rocket, Nov 25, 2014.

1. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

I don't care how anybody feels about being a burden on this team, I feel this needs to be said. I love Garcia, more so his personality and toughness than his actual play but that is besides the point :grin: I will even admit I hate his play sometimes, bricking wide open threes when we have Troy on the bench who can hit them is frustrating. However..

The guy brings it every night on defense, lately he has ended up with a + rating and confirms the eye test. He's hogging guys, staying on them like a cheap suit, getting hands on balls and some steals while hitting the occassional three. While I expect more from him, especially given his FIBA play where he seemd to have a lot more bounce in his step and quicker release like in 2013 with us than the slow motion shot he shoots now.

Still, from all the reports he's a great guy in the locker room, a veteran presence and can give us some solid minutes for now. I am sure he is not going to be around much longer so that's why I posted this thread. Beyond this year, unless he proves something in the playoffs, he will probably not be a Rocket and as a fan that makes me sad. I will always love the guy for what he did on and off the court.

Most of the times these threads are posted after a guy has left the team, but I figure with all the hate going on for so long and some really ugly things being said about him lately to the point where he's compared to Dorsey, I figured I'd do it now.

In the honour of our man Cisco, here's another angle of the death stare and toughness that maybe some have not seen before:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/BB7rynAKyOQ?start=186" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  2. NotChandlerParsons

I appreciate that he never ever smiles.

3. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

did he get traded?

4. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I'll appreciate him when he starts hitting wide open 3s.

5. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

You made me think that he had gotten cut to sign Al Harrington for a second

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Saw thread title, thought he got traded or cut, realized he didn't. Son I am disappoint!

7. hakeemthagreat

I'd rather see Daniels getting his minutes. Tha hell is Mchale doing smh

8. Braunatron

Braunatron Member

I appreciate that he is stealing minutes away from Troy Daniels. Seriously, why is this guy on our team?

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Garcia used to be a solid 3pt shooter. Somehow he lost his mojo last season and went into the doghouse. I am actually surprised that he got some burn this season so far. I thought he would be the 14th or 15th guy on the bench, playing behind Daniels and Terry.

He still can't hit his shots. But at least he doesn't commit fouls like he did last season.

BTW, I still don't get the love of Daniels here on CF. What has he done other than hitting a few shots in the last playoffs?

10. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

This. :(.

You should put [Not traded or cut] in the title...

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I will appreciate him more when he starts playing basketball better.

12. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Objection your honor, thread title is misleading.

13. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

14. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

3pt shooting...
    5-25 Garcia
    or
    7-26 Daniels
    ?
    hmmm...

Besides 3-pt shooting (boards, blocks, steals, defense, assists, etc) Daniels is a ghost.

Garcia is just a cheap, veteran, plan B insurance plan for when we're injured. And right now we're injured. Glue guy. He isn't expected to be the 6th man @ 900 grand.

15. solid

solid Contributing Member

Saw the thread and thought they cut him. I was so happy. Now I am sad.

16. atxjames

atxjames Member

Same..

17. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

He used to be a good "asset", not no mo. He's only playing due to injuries, otherwise he'd be a DNP.

18. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

He's awful and should never set foot on the court for the Rockets. I have no appreciation for him. He snarls at Chris Paul. Cool.

19. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

he can still defend the perimter rpetty good so i say let him play till this tema figures out its rotation. when the rotation gets set, he'll only get spot minutes. he doenst need to do much, 35% from 3 is perfect.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

Still can't believe that Garcia got T-ed up on that vid. Paul instigated the whistle and all Garcia did was stare at him, there was no contact between the 2 at all after the staredown.

Paul is a heckuva player but he gets away with everything.