1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Gaming] Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mrm32, Oct 20, 2016.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly. It's so hard to buy something that has such inferior power, as cool as the novelty is. If it is priced correctly I would be interested, but the hundreds of amazing games on PS4 right now makes it tough to leave.

2. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I don't have any of those systems anymore and I have no idea what you are saying as me no so tech savvy :oops:

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  3. VanityHalfBlack

NO worries, I'm the same way. It's this little gadget here. The forums on there helped me out a lot. I'm buying another one for my Sega Genesis!!! http://www.stoneagegamer.com/everdrive-n8-deluxe-nes.html

R0ckets03 likes this.
  4. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Nintendo has other premier games as well, just not cross-platform ones. If FPS games are a priority, obviously Playstation or Xbox (I hate my XB1 at this point), is the choice for you.

At the end of the day, no matter what, you primarily buy a Nintendo console for its exclusives. I own NES though WiiU, and they've all been worth it for me, though lots of that is driven by nostalgia (especially the Wii).

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  5. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Isn't this what the ps vita is?

6. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

With the Vita, you can't take the PS4 with you once you leave your wifi. I'd say the Wii U gamepad works more like that (though the Vita has better range since it works on Wifi, while the WiiU depends on it own signal to the gamepad). The Vita also doesn't work with all games, nor can it allow for 2 player like this. The Vita is also an entirely separate, fairly expensive handheld console in addition to the expensive PS4.

7. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

What is the Nintendo Switch's price point?

PS4 bundles are down to $299 so I really wonder how much lower they can go compared to the "expensive PS4".

199?

8. hlcc

hlcc Member

Most likely an "vastly upgraded Vita"with better game library. Even though the Vita is technically far superior to the 3DS, it's game library is terrible. It seems like for several years now, practically the only kind of new games coming out on Vita are creepy Japanese games about scantily dressed prepubescent girls.

RudyTBag likes this.
  9. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I'm expecting $399 honestly. Though if they do $299 with a game bundle I might jump on it early. Wonder how much that pro controller will be

10. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

I would love to combine this with my PS4
    Damn that's rough.

11. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Is it confirmed what the core package is? The Switch plus an AC adapter could be 299. Then extra for dock, extra for pro controller etc.

That would also keep it modular for people who are only interested in it as a portable platform.

12. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I would expect the dock to be included with the system since that's how players will be able to play on a TV.

13. Bandwagoner

If I only want an updated 3DS why would I care?

Nintendo has owned portable. Forcing their customers to buy a dock just raises the price. Nickel and dime them.

14. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

If this bombs, I don't think Nintendo will ever get back into gaming. And I could see it easily bombing. Sad.

15. Bandwagoner

What would they do instead? Close shop? The 3DS was a massive success, stomping the Vita. This would have to bomb and a future hardware would have to bomb for them to go into worst case scenario mode which would be exiting the hardware market and just releasing titles on mobile and other platforms.

16. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I feel like people have been saying this since the GameCube. As long as their handheld department keeps dominating they will keep making games if not for a traditional console then on their own portable devices. I don't see them ever making games for someone else.

17. Bandwagoner

Like Super Mario Run?

18. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Console wise or portable device (not a phone game) is what I mean.

Super Mario Run most likely won't be a full fledged game in the sense that Ocarina of Time, Super Mario Galaxy or Metroid Prime are. It's essentially Temple Run with Mario.

19. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

With only three hours of battery life It's hard for me to see people clamoring to it solely for that purpose. Though I can also see them have a separate battery pack available to extend the life for an additional price.

20. hlcc

hlcc Member

The Vita's battery life is only 3-5 hours as well.