1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Gaming] Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mrm32, Oct 20, 2016.

1. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was a good roller (insert weed joke here) but I'm still on the wiiu...and i haven't played in a while. Reading this makes me miss the game and want to play again.

2. MystikArkitect

The competitive players also all use motion control instead of the sticks.

I tried for a while but hated it. I know it'll limit me later though once the ranks get better.

3. what

what Member

Im not sure how this related to my post, but I have a tip.

Are you aware that with motion controls on, the first thing when you get into inkopolis square is sit your controller flat on the table and press y, this will change the camera to face straight ahead.

Also, when I'm in the game, I rarely turn my controller, and instead I turn my body toward my opponent. Not sure if this the best way but it feels natural to me.

4. MystikArkitect

Cool thanks for the tip. It was a bit off topic lol just was reading on some guys that play it competitively and they all use motion controls.

I'm probably going to main the dualies and have the sniper rifle as a second for tower control. Just took 5 straight Ls in Zone losing the last one in heart breaking fashion (lost lead with literally one second left). Still trying to get to C+.

5. what

what Member

@CCorn @MystikArkitect

I wanted to mention this, in case you guys aren't aware. How to farm in splatoon 2, and the importance of it.

First, murch. He is the guy that sits to the right of the big tower.

Murch will allow you to "scrub" your secondary abilities for a cool 20, 000.

Why is this important? Because you are allowed to keep your scrubbed abilities. Each scrubbed ability adds 1 point to that ability in your inventory. Once you get 10 of those abilities you can add them to any gear you like.

Now here is the important part. While I am sure you are aware that the game will unlock abilities for you when you reach the points threshold for that gear, you may not know that it requires less points to unlock an ability in a 1 star gear than it does to unlock an ability in a 2 or 3 star gear. Less points = faster unlocks, faster farming. So it's better to use 1 star gear than the 2 or 3 star gear, when farming.
    That's point 1.
    Point 2. Each gear is made by a brand and each brand has a more and less likely sub ability. For when it is unlocked. So if you were trying to collect swim speed up you need to pick the brand that it is most likely to appear on.

The brand's common ability is 5 times more likely to appear than on any other brand. It's uncommon ability is half as like to appear on that brand. Here are the brand's common and uncommon abilities.

1. Amiibo (no common or uncommon abilities).
    2. Annaki common(cold blooded), uncommon(special saver)
    3. Cuttlegear (no common or uncommon abilites)
    4. Enperry common(sub power up), uncommon(ink resistance up)
    5. Firefin common(ink saver (sub)), uncommon (ink recovery up)
    6. Forge common(special power up), uncommon(ink saver sub)
    7. Inkline common(bomb defense up), uncommon(cold blooded)
    8. Krak-on common(swim speed up), uncommon(bomb defense up)
    9. Rockenberg common(run speed up), uncommon(swim speed up)
    10. Skalop common(quick respawn), uncommon (special saver)
    11. Splash mob common(ink saver (main)), uncommon(run speed up)
    12. Squid force common(ink resistance up), uncommon(ink saver (main))
    13. Takoroka common(special charge up), uncommon(special power up)
    14. Tentatek common(ink recovery up), uncommon(quick super jump)
    15. Toni kensi common(cold blooded), uncommon, (sub power up)
    16. Zekko common(special saver), uncommon(special charge up)
    17. Zink common(quick super jump), uncommon (quick respawn)
    Also, if you unlock an ability you don't want it might be better to find another "clean" gear to try and unlock than wasting your 20k.

The other thing is getting tickets and buying food is crucial to farming quickly and you may have to play with gear you don't like because that brand gives you the best shot of farming the items you want.

I think it goes without saying but if you stack swim speed up with it being the main gear and all three sub spots, you will be faster than just having it as the main with other abilities in the sub. You won't be hugely faster as the stacked ability will diminish some, but you do gain a small boost the more you have of a stackable ability.

#325 what, Jul 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  6. what

what Member

Something else about farming I just read, if you are trying to stack 3 sub abilities of the same kind. The first will cost you 10. The second of the same ability will cost 20 and the third will cost you 30. Each scrubbed ability again only returns 1 ability chunk. So getting 60 of them is a huge challenge. And each scrub is 20k. So they don't give it to you easily. They know how powerful stackable abilities are in the game.

It is imperative that when you do this you need all three garments, head, shirt and shoes be 1 star and that they be from the common ability brand you want. Plus you need to get those food tickets to increase your money when you battle.

#326 what, Jul 28, 2017
  7. CCorn

CCorn Member

I didn't know to talk to any of those people. Woops.

8. what

what Member

Yeah, and the meal truck you can buy a chance to slightly increase your chances to get a certain ability. So that might be helpful too

9. what

what Member

Also corn, if you find a 3 star gear that has the main ability you want, you need to buy it as the gear changes every day in the shops.
    Buy it, just don't use it when farming.

10. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

not sure if splatoon 2 has the same option, but you can put in an order of other peoples gear and have the option to buy it

11. what

what Member

You can do that, but murch will tell you that he can't guarantee that he'll get the subabilites exactly the same, so I guess there is a possibility but I doubt it would be that easy.

Basically ordering helps you if you are looking for a specific brand of clothing that is not in the shop. It does not help much with subabilites.

Also, you can roll your subabilites, but you have to roll all three abilities at once and if you have 2 of the same and you are trying for 3, you better not try this method. Plus, I'm not sure how much that even costs, I do know you need a sea snail, but not sure what else.

#331 what, Jul 28, 2017
  12. CCorn

CCorn Member

This is getting too confusing. I'm going back to snipper clips

13. what

what Member

Lol

14. CCorn

CCorn Member

Splatoon

KevinsBacon likes this.
  15. MystikArkitect

So will need to basically prep certain outfits with different skills for different uses...?

16. what

what Member

Yeah, basically any stackable ability makes sense to fill a whole gear with that ability. Also, say for example, you have ninja squid. Ninja squid will slow you down when you swim, so it would make sense to fill 3 of the sub ability slots with swim speed up to counteract that weakness. You could also pair ninja squid + another gear with a main of swim speed up and all the subs are swim speed up.

Or if you wanted to have a faster special meter, fill up a garment with all of that ability. Etc. Having random sub abilities really don't make sense at all. You need to dial in a few abilities rather than have all the haphazard abilities and random things you don't use.

17. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

I was thinking of getting Splatoon 2 but after reading this thread the game sounds too complicated.

18. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

it's not, don't worry.

19. MystikArkitect

Like any game it can get pretty intricate if you want to do it competitively, but it's actually pretty easy to play. It's the easiest shooter to play probably ever and it's hella addicting.

20. MystikArkitect

Easily.