1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Gaming] Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mrm32, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Some Target stores got a decent supply and have them in stock this morning if you hurry up and get over there. I saw people purchasing them at the Target on 249, but may be gone now. Also have the pro controllers which will probably be sold out by the end of the day too.

I noticed the base system is still selling for $450 to $550 on eBay, so can flip for a couple hundy for those rethinking actually wanting one.

2. likestohypeguy

Anyone know the difference between the plain pack-in Zelda and Master edition, aside from the collectibles? I mean is there any difference in game play, music, graphics, anything in the actual game?

Surely master edition isn't just a fancy box and literature etc.

3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I guarantee there is no difference in game play. Maybe an in game item or two.

4. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I believe its just the collectibles that differentiate the two. I couldn't find the Master edition anywhere so just settled for the game itself.

5. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Well truthfully I'm most interested in Xenoblade 2 & Monster Hunter (which, while not announced, seems like a mortal lock to arrive on Switch).

But I suppose if you're not interested in those and the usual 1st-party suspects aren't enough for you, then indeed... not much reason to get it.

seclusion likes this.
  6. VanityHalfBlack

There's plenty of Switch left. No need to wait in line or pre order, none of that BS!!!! You live in Houston, right? It's the biggest city in the states, you'll find one. Trust me.

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

debating on whether to get a console or update my pc

8. VanityHalfBlack

PC bruh, all day. The switch will come down in price eventually unless you really really want to play Zelda.

9. Jontro

Jontro Member

never played zelda before cept for like 1 hour on the wii last decade ago. but i am a sucker for mario games.

10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

PC now, Switch later...

11. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I will buy every nintendo system simply for Mario. I got the Wii U a couple years after it was released and Super Mario 3d world alone was worth the price. Except for those last 3 levels that i still need to beat..i'm pretty sure those took a couple years off my life.

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Another underpowered system from Nintendo - I'm reading that Zelda at 900p running through the dock has serious issues with frame rate dropping.

13. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Yeah I have heard that too. I heard its still pretty impressive what they get out of it though for what it is and the cost. I am going to hold off but will get it eventually if only to play BotW. Looks amazing.

14. MystikArkitect

Nintendo is the Pixar of gaming.

Smash/MK/Mario/Zelda/Metroid/Donkey Kong + Others = Sold. Shut up and take my money. Wii U was dumb but Mario Kart and Smash 4 were enough to warrant the purchase. Nintendo's franchises are just that good.

If they ever came out with an honest to goodness Pokemon MMORPG.....lives would be lost.

mrm32 likes this.
  15. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Like others have said, update your PC and buy a Switch later. I'm getting one eventually, but as much as I love Zelda it can wait.

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nintendo hasn't had a franchise revelation since the 64. Crossing my fingers.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  17. MystikArkitect

Breath of the Wild already checking in as a top 3 game of all time. Second highest rated game ever behind Ocarina of Time with even more reviews to average.

18. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Breath of the Wild over The Witcher? Elder Scrolls? Ninja please. Hell, Dragon Age has better depth, writing and gameplay.

19. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Unless you've completed BoTW you can't really make those claims.

20. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

If you had seen and played neither, and watched 3 hours of gameplay from both, I'm not sure how you could not make that claim.