1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Gaming] New Zelda game for Wii U

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Amshirvani, Jun 14, 2016.

1. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

2. tallanvor

one of the best reviewed games of all time

I played this weekend and have loved it. Much larger world than other zeldas, but the best part is nothing is really out of reach. If you see something off in the distance you want to go to just start walking. you can hike over any mountains that come in your way. dungeons are little too short and easy. not sure i like the breakable weapons and shields.

3. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I thought the same about the dungeons until I got to the Zora one. I think only the spirit orb dungeons are short.

I hate the breakable weapons too but it adds a layer of difficulty to the game.

4. tallanvor

all the divine beast dungeons are short and similar.

5. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Well damn. :(

6. CCorn

CCorn Member

This yiga hideout will be the death of me.

7. Cold Hard

Cold Hard Member

Zelda: BotW is incredible so far after about 12 hours of play on Wii U (and I've got a LONG way to go). My only complaint so far is the framerate drops, especially in villages. Hopefully Nintendo will be able to improve the performance via a future patch.

8. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

The game is fun but there are a few annoying nags about it so far. Mostly weapons breaking and bad horse mechanics. B is sprint on foot, but it's A on a horse. Hitting B makes you dismount and have to remount. Invisible walls on a horse are super annoying.

The main mission to light the blue flame in Hateko was very aggravating. I'd light a wooden weapon, try to jump a fence only to have the pony decide not this time, even though having speed, running perpendicular, and having no slope. Then my flame would ignite grass and burn me to death. Super fun time.