1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Games 10-20 Will Tell us a Tremendous Amount About the Season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by theimpossibles1, Oct 27, 2018.

1. theimpossibles1

Since Harden is out with injury (and Ennis and Nene), we can expect to face some more tough games/losses until he returns. Also the team is clearly in a bad headspace with our lack of offensive and especially defensive identity. Rock bottom is coming.

However, we still have had only 2 games with CP3 and Harden together. Those guys are really, really good. Nene and Ennis provide desperately needed defense.

We have a lot of new players and we lost our defensive coach, it's gonna take some time to gel. I know many of you are sick of hearing this, but guess what, it's TRUE. Time does not mean 1 or 2 games. More like 10-20.

Hopefully Harden will be back by game 10. Ennis and Nene will hopefully re-join in the 10-15 range as well. Melo will find his role on the team around that time too. Guys like Gary Clark and Hartenstein will solidify their roles. MCW will solidify his role as benchwarmer.

So yes, we have had a terrible start and I understand for many of you it is too much to handle emotionally so you are just throwing in the towel after 4 or 5 games. For the rest of us we realize it is a long season and we are still an extremely talented team.

Games 10-20 are when things will truly take shape for the team. Until then, let's all just relax and strap in. It's gonna be a long ride.

Yes, I still believe game 2 will tell us a tremendous amount about the season

#1 theimpossibles1, Oct 27, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the thread we've been waiting for. the thread we deserve. the thread we love.

3. xaos

xaos Member

Game 82 will tell us our standing in the conference.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

James Harden and Chris playing well with each other and off each other does not mean the whole team is playing well.

5. JW86

JW86 Member

I personally think game 41 is good measuring point, let’s wait

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. delta69er

delta69er Member

We’re going to be in quite the hole compared to the rest of the West when James comes back. However, with a leaders like CP3 and Tuck in the locker room, they won’t allow this team to give up mentally and emotionally.

We MUST get that new defensive philosophy MDA was talking about implemented quickly though (give Jeff a call, Mike) if we want to have any hopes of maintaining at least ~.500 level basketball until James is back.

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

[​IMG]

8. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

The positives of a lot of injuries is role players and scrubs will get more pt and there is a chance some of them will break out of the shell and become serious contributors

theimpossibles1 and delta69er like this.
  9. delta69er

delta69er Member

So...our rookies Hartenstein and Gary Clark?

I personally haven't seen Clark play at all but there's a lot of posters who seem to like him quite a bit.

With Hartenstein, I can't help but just think of that backwards pass he threw to end the half against the Clippers...and yes I know, I know, he's a rookie, so we need to cut him a little slack lol.

What has truly surprised me though is Zhou Qi getting 0 playing time. We could use another shot blocker out there and I'm really disappointed in how awful he must be looking in practice to not even warrant any playing time given our predicament...

10. theimpossibles1

I believe he has been recovering from a minor knee injury he sustained in preseason.

11. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

And then games 21-81 will tell us all we need to know about our season. I guarantee it;)

Mr. Clutch and hakeem94 like this.
  12. Juxtaposed Jolt

If there is a game 83, it will tell us that we've made the playoffs.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  13. theimpossibles1

We are finding our identity.

Gary freaking Clark and James Ennis are younger faster versions of Luc and Ariza. As suspected, they are tailor made to play against GS. Hartenstein and his hustle holding down the backup C spot.

Yall need to quit doubting the great Daryl Morey. Melo and his distracting vibe are gone, Jeffbigoldick is back, and (at least for tonight) we look like championship contenders again.

It's good to be a Rockets fan.

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Somebody finally got it right.