1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Game: Who will be the next Rocket injured?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3, Nov 2, 2000.

1. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Im saying the next rocket to get injured is Carlos Rogers.

What do you guys think?

------------------
    "You look a team that's been to the mountaintop like the Houston Rockets, I'm going to put pressure on myself to be the best possible player that I can be. With the pieces they already have in place and myself, we can do some amazing things next season."

Maurice Taylor

2. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

'Los is a pretty safe bet.

------------------
    Jazzkiller

3. tuus

tuus Member

knock the wood, or how you say there in america..

------------------

4. 3pointer

3pointer Member

LOL

u guys are mean .... how bout Dan L. with a real freaking injury and none of our guys we currently have playing.

------------------
    Mind is the fore-runner of conditions. Mind is chief; and they are mind-made. If, with an impure mind, one speaks or acts, then pain follows one even as the wheel, the hoof of the ox.
    Mind is the fore-runner of conditions.
    Mind is chief; and they are mind-made. If, with a pure mind, one speaks or acts, then happiness follows one even as the shadow that never leaves.

5. Redglare

Redglare Member

This is not a fun game.

[​IMG]

6. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Well, it has to play out like this:

Since we are the Rockets, and seem to be innocently victimized by a plague of injuries the past few years...

Steve and Cuttino will both be streaking down the court to catch a long pass from Anderson. They run into each other, both sprain their ankles, and are both out 4-6 weeks.

We call up Boseman, Devin Gray, Jimmy King (homer plea), and go 10-2 with SCABS in our line up.

UGH, this year is frustrating me. I am so down on Cato, and I know it is not his fault. He seems to be just one of those guys that gets hurt easily. Speaking of guys that get hurt easily, Don MacLean has been playing very well. Too bad the leading scorer in UCLA history is injury prone, we could have kept that guy! What a sweet shot he has.

------------------
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Moochie will suffer whiplash from the effects of airdrag on his fro....

------------------

8. Stevie3

Stevie3 Member

Um, Cynthia Cooper missed one game I think and the All-Star game with her high ankle sprain. She still excelled the rest of the season with a sore ankle.

Why does Cato miss six weeks? How wimpy is that? The guy is taking a free ride with that contract the Rockets mistakenly gave him. Better hope Collier works out I think.

------------------

9. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

Not all sprains are the same. It may have something to do with how high Cato was before coming down, how much Cato weighs, the angle he come down on his ankle, how far he rolled it, etc.

When I played basketball religiously with a friend, we both sprained our ankles at times. I could be back playing in a few days, while his lasted for weeks at a time.

I imagine there is a medical explanation for why one would be out longer than other. Maybe our tendons or ligaments are different lengths and mine could better withstand and ankle roll.

<HR WIDTH=75%>

As for the topic of this thread, my answer is <U>NO ONE!</U>. No Rocket will miss another game for the rest of the season after Kenny, Taylor and Cato return.

Everyone repeat after me, "No more injuries." Say it when you wake up, say it before you eat, say it after you eat, and say it before you go to bed at night.

Come on, guys. Stay positive.

------------------

10. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Cato has a high ankle sprain, which can be much more severe...and much more painful, as well as harder to heal.

It almost feels like all the muscles on the outside of your calf and shin are strained and extremely sore.

------------------
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

11. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

After all, Cato is NOT Cynthia! [​IMG]

Next injury goes to ...... RUDY T! (jk: Please no more injury!)

------------------

12. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

It was the fro. I think he just needed a game to adjust.

Now, if someone hacks the fro, do they get called for a foul?

------------------

13. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It depends on whether or not the fro had position before the hack. [​IMG]

------------------
    She hates testicles, thus limiting the men she can admire to Democratic
    candidates for president.
    -- John Greenway, "The American Tradition", on feminist
    Elizabeth Gould Davis

14. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Next to get hurt: Clutch, the bear. Freak accident involving him, the power dancers, and Les Alexander. Results in High ankle sprains all around. Boseman, Devin Gray, and Jimmy King are picked up, but only to replace the power dancers....ugh!

------------------
    WooHoo! The season's here!....I'm still gonna need that keg of Pepto-Bismol.

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

It would have been nice to have Pig Miller or T-Mass around to get some rebounds now...

------------------

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

We'll only get injuries to our big guys so KT won't be coming back just yet; Olajuwon will be down with asthma; Taylor will be in a cast; and Collier will be out within two minutes of the next game. Then we'll go real small:

PG Norris
    SG Francis
    SF Mobley
    PF Anderson
    C Williams

But we'll still beat the stuffing out of the Clippers!

------------------
    Rockets Draft Obligations Summary

http://www.gaffordstudios.cjb.net/

17. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

I dont like the game. how about tic-tac-toe.

18. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Dont worry guys, the results of the injury will come soon. Watch the game against the clippers and someone will get injured on the rockets. We will find out who the winner is.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL.

------------------
    "You look a team that's been to the mountaintop like the Houston Rockets, I'm going to put pressure on myself to be the best possible player that I can be. With the pieces they already have in place and myself, we can do some amazing things next season."

Maurice Taylor

19. FranchiseCat

FranchiseCat Member

pippendagimp
    -----------------------------------
    Moochie will suffer whiplash from the effects of airdrag on his fro....

Hilarious....I love it. "...whiplash from the effects of airdrag on his fro...." Priceless.

------------------
    "...Do you hear 'em? They're everywhere!!! AAAHHH!!!"

That's what the other teams will be saying after being shellshocked by Steve Francis and Co.

20. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Was Mooch wearing cornrows or fro last night? Because if it was cornrows... then we have the secret to our success. Cornrows every night, Mooch, and we will be 81-1. Woohoo!!!

------------------
    She hates testicles, thus limiting the men she can admire to Democratic
    candidates for president.
    -- John Greenway, "The American Tradition", on feminist
    Elizabeth Gould Davis