1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Seven

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 12, 2016.

1. theimpossibles1

If they give us this kind of action in ep4 I can't wait for the last couple episodes of the season. And next season....nut.

justtxyank likes this.
  2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Seriously, I saw someone else say we were all expecting that in this episode. I sure wasn't. No other season that I can recall had a battle scene like that prior to the end (2nd to last episode) of a season. If we will get a lot of action like that the next two seasons that will be quite the bang.

3. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Also worth noting are the parallels between the Lannister children and the Stark children.

Cersei and Sansa -- Grew up traditional ladylike wanting to marry the prince and become queen, but were instead forcefully thrown into the game and had to rely on their political savvy to survive. At one point in the earlier seasons, Cersei even says that Sansa reminds her so much of herself, which could be dangerous.

Jaime and Arya -- Grew up wanting to be fighters and follow the knight's path. They were also their fathers' favorites. Tywin spent 4 hours a day hours fixing Jaime's dyslexia teaching him how to read. Ned set up secret fighting lessons for Arya with Syrio Forel. Jaime went on to become one of the best sword fighters in the realm while similarly Arya mastered her Needle sword and became an assassin.

Tyrion and Bran -- A dwarf and a cripple; both half men. Youngest of their siblings. Both have experienced traumatic childhoods with their disabilities and having to rely on others. Tyrion went on to become a self-loathing drunk while Bran became an emotionless savant. Neither became heirs to carry their house legacy.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

This was sick

Robert Baratheon, the most successful military strategist in Westeros for 300 yrs, once said, "Only a fool would face the Dothraki in an open field."

Jon Snow would add, "or the Dead."

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I actually want to see Forest Children fight.

6. JeeberD

JeeberD Contributing Member

Rickon

7. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Dead. Thus, no longer the youngest of the surviving Stark children.

8. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Point of clarification -- can Bran see the future? Do we have evidence that he can?

He was surprised to see Arya -- he said he saw her at the Crossroads (meaning when she found out about Jon/Sansa on way to KL) and figured she would head to Kings Landing. So that made me think he CAN'T see the future? Just the present and past?

9. heypartner

Dothraki or Wildlings: Who would you rather party with?

Now answer that question for The Hound. Who would he rather party with?

don grahamleone likes this.
  10. heypartner

Yes. S06e06 "Blood of My Blood" he had a quick montage of past, current and future visions. We didn't really know what all was past or future prophecy. But now it seems more clear. Here's the montage in regular motion and slow motion. You can also search for breakdowns, too. But bare in mind, any breakdown right after that episode aired will not really know whether the Sept explosion was future or past.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Nice Episode . .. Just don't want little finger to die stupidly
    It would destroy his whole arc
    Same with Varys
    Best two characters in the series

Sansa is the only stark without superpowers
    I don't get all the hatred for her. . . IMO she has had it the roughest
    Psychologically speaking

Rocket River

12. heypartner

Here's some more interesting and funny callbacks to previous episodes

13. heypartner

14. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

This thread noticed and covered most of those. Good job guys!

The designs are interesting though. Wonder what they could mean?

15. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

that creek Jamie fell in was deceptively deep. Wasn't it like shin high on his horse when he was galloping at Dany? Then he gets knocked off and

[​IMG]

jae713 and justtxyank like this.
  16. LAM

LAM Member

Just another satisfying payoff in that episode, huh? Bran just wiped that smugness right off.

I bet he regrets giving Bran that knife now twiceover.

17. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I'm a total books hugger (yes I said books because there are MULTIPLE books HeyP!) and I know that dragons use a special fuel to spit flames. Oh my god, did you REALLY think Drogon was carrying around gasoline in his neck? No CLEARLY you don't love dragons because every dragon lover knows that dragons burn rendered pork fat which burns much hotter than ANY fuel this world has EVER known(other than the upper level people in the swine fat rendering industry). If you don't know anything about dragons, then you should just stick to reading this thread.

George RR Martin 4 LIFE!

I bet you don't even know what the RR stand for. Psssshhttt...

18. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

You brought up the old scene with the 5'3" actor and kingsguards, I agreed it was silly and another reason why the writers are so inconsistent. But you use it to make it seem like I'm defending that scene when I'm not, regardless book or no book. Did you personally write that Arya-Ed Sheeran scene yourself cos you're fine defending it but attacking the other scene? If I actually followed the show closely then, which I did not until I read the books to find out what the hell is it that makes it so interesting to other people, and I saw a 5' 3" hobbit take on steel metal plate armored kingsguards with a wooden stick, then yes, i'll nitpick it as you say. I dont understand why you need to defend the show so strongly though. You must be head of the Arya fanclub of your chapter.

I can accept dragons as a creature that exists in the GoT universe, I can accept Yoda having the Force in the Star Wars one and using it to fight other siths, I can accept Varys and Dany having their conversation once reaching the castle because the writers needed to end season 6 with them otw to the 7 as a team.

Jaime still can't fight using his offhand, which is a route the writers took and I'm fine with it. Its believable. It might also be believable that he's trained it enough that he can fight with it. Those two options are fine with me.

justtxyank likes this.
  19. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I have a feeling the symbols will be key to bringing down the Night King. They're just too prevalent in the show to mean nothing. I am guessing Sam figures it out when reading the scrolls.

20. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

But arent the white walkers the one making those designs out of the corpses in the north? Why would they make them and let them be seen if that could be their downfall?