1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Seven

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 12, 2016.

1. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

There were 2 other giants as well.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  2. Buck Turgidson

What Euron Greyjoy From ‘Game of Thrones’ Looks Like

[​IMG]

Euron Greyjoy looks like a guy who borrows his girlfriend’s car to cheat on her.

Euron Greyjoy looks like if Pacey from Dawson’s Creek had an older brother who was way into Staind at one point but now denies it.

Euron Greyjoy looks like a guy who moved out of the house at 16 but moved back in at 26 and still lives there 10 years later.

Euron Greyjoy looks like a guy who waits for the check to come to announce he only has $8 on him, even though he ordered an appetizer and dessert and three drinks.

Euron Greyjoy looks like the guy in the true crime documentary who gets arrested for killing the married woman he’s sleeping with but is later released when the alibi of the woman’s bespectacled CPA husband alibi falls apart.

Euron Greyjoy looks like the bassist of a crappy rock band who shows up to every practice late and then repeatedly insists he should be the lead singer behind the lead singer’s back.

Euron Greyjoy looks like a guy who drinks alone at a bar and pays with a credit card he took from his girlfriend’s purse.

Euron Greyjoy looks like a guy who flies cross-country with his seat reclined for the entire flight and his foot stretched out onto the armrest of the person in the aisle seat in front of him.

Euron Greyjoy looks like a guy who went to Australia once five years ago and still calls everyone “mate.”

Euron Greyjoy looks like a guy who “doesn’t believe in monogamy.”

Euron Greyjoy looks like a guy who sleeps on a mattress that is just lying on the floor, with no frame or box spring.

Euron Greyjoy looks like a guy who sells really terrible weed.

Euron Greyjoy looks like a guy whose cell phone is still on the plan of a girl he broke up with six months ago.

Euron Greyjoy looks like a guy who buys beer for high school students but charges them $40 for a case of Keystone Light and then shows up at the party.

Euron Greyjoy looks like a guy who has a pit bull named “Thrasher.”

Euron Greyjoy looks like a guy who has a snake and invites people over to watch him feed it live mice.

Euron Greyjoy looks like a guy who somehow dated Britney Spears for a month in 2007.

Euron Greyjoy looks like a friend of yours that your parents like, for some reason, even though they would be very mad and disappointed if you did any of the things he did.

Euron Greyjoy looks like a guy who has one really cool leather jacket that he stole from a guy he was in a band with and now wears it to every concert he attends, like a grimy version of that Simpsons episode where Marge wore the same pink suit to the country club a bunch of times.

Euron Greyjoy looks like a guy who always needs a ride because his motorcycle is “in the shop.”

Euron Greyjoy looks like the guy you know who hits on the waitress while with his girlfriend.

http://uproxx.com/tv/game-of-thrones-euron-greyjoy-looks-like/

I chuckled at a few of these.

3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I'm not sure how in the hell they got from good looking book Euron to trailer trash TV Euron.

It's usually the other way around.

B-Bob likes this.
  4. Buck Turgidson

From the comments on the above article: "Euron arrives in King’s Landing having stopped on the way to raid Bono’s closet."

Creepy Crawl likes this.
  5. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

So this is the guy that supposed to out douche them all.

Joshfast likes this.
  6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Wun-wun died at Winterfel. I'm sure they burned him. Must've been other giants in the North. Maybe wolves can't be turned. Horses can though, apparently.

conquistador#11 likes this.
  7. heypartner

Euron Greyjoy looks like a guy who can sweet talk a hot blonde queen into letting him take one of her dragons for a ride, then proceeds to fly it to another hot blond queen as a gift, yet can't even win a sea battle against his little niece.

8. TheRedRanger

TheRedRanger Member

I don't like how they did the part where it shows Sam cleaning poop and pledging in the citadel because it's little too convenient that he happens to find out about dragonstone being a dragonglass mine after reading the first of the two or three books he stole from the restricted area. If they used the montage to show him learning and researching instead of showing him messing around with poop buckets the reveal would've been a way better payoff imo.

macho GRANDE and Sajan like this.
  9. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

I hope there's payoff in that Ed Sheeran part because after watching a second time, it still makes no sense she'd take the chance of rape and murder for a mouthful or rabbit and terrible wine.

Anyone notice they put in a lot of easter eggs from previous seasons in the episode? One I remember clearly is the valyrian steel knife in a page of Sam's book that was used in the 1st season.

Wun wun died on the other side of the wall from where the white walkers are right now.

10. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Maybe she intended to kill them since they are lannister men.

donkeypunch likes this.
  11. heypartner

Rape and murder ... She could have easily killed them all. She has been fully weaponized over the last two seasons. I'm pretty convinced she was sizing them up ... hence, checking out where all their swords were, when she first sat down.

macho GRANDE and Man like this.
  12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

exactly, she definitely wasn't in any danger

I also think it was important for her to see that not everyone working for the Lannisters is evil and she does't need to kill all of them. So maybe the scene makes some sense

13. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Sams character has always been written oddly. I didnt get the whole chamber pot cleaning scene nor locking up the important books. With only 13 episodes left, I would think they would use the time better.

She's not the absolute worst by any means. However she plays one of the lead characters, with some even considering her the most important character of the series. The problem isn't that her character plateaued. The problem is that as an actress, she fell flat on her face from season 1. Her book character is very strong and commanding. Clarkes onscreen presence is quite the opposite. Instead of recasting her like the should have, they diminished he role and screen time which has made her whole story line stale. Episode 1, Dragonstone, is the return of Daenarys to home of House Targaryen. There was a 5:20 music monologue dedicated to this scene and she only uttered 3 words. Its clear the directors would rather us listen to 5 minutes of music than listen to her speak for more than 1 second in her homecoming episode.

In contrast, Lena Headey (who i find is a sub-par actress) did very well with Cercei. Peter Dinklage is terrific. Im not fond of Kit Harington, but he plays his role very well.

Natalie Dormer and Emily Clarke should have switched roles.

14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I don't think Emilia Clarke is a great or bad actress, she seems fine to me

I think the bigger problem is that Dani just isn't a very interesting character, that's a writing issue. I fine her whole saga to be boring and her character to be uninteresting. Great acting can't fix a terribly written character.

15. heypartner

Two pages later, and Emilia Clarke sux posts still dominate the thread. And Better Call Saul is too slow.

:p

What's the GARM analogy. We win by 30 points, but a season-long argument thread about Harden walking the ball up the court too much dominates the discussion the next day.

K mf G and tinman like this.
  16. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

then they shouldn't of cast a ginger

17. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

lol, maybe if she planned ahead like the frey's toast, definitely. But on a chance meeting with soldiers, with proper swords? Maybe if she had machine gun instead of needle. Anyway, its just one of those things for me that I should move on.

18. Sajan

Sajan Member

sorry. it bugs me. "shouldn't of" is wrong..

Why Do People Say “Should Of”?
    When you’re talking, it sounds as if you’re saying “I should of called my sister” or “I shouldacalled my sister,” and “I must of forgotten her phone number” or “I musta left my phone at home.

It sounds as if you’re saying “should of” or “shoulda” and “must of” or “musta,” but these words are really contractions:

• should’ve for should have
    • must’ve for must have
    • could’ve for could have

19. heypartner

Chance meeting? She's a trained assassin. I like to compare this to the training in Kill Bill. :)

She would have spotted them well ahead of time and could have avoided that loud camp, if she wanted. So, I got to think she rode into the camp with a purpose...and confidence.

Had she went to train with Pai Mei from Kill Bill, would we be more apt to say how bad ass she is. Arya trained blind-folded!!! And at this point, she is one of the best and most highly-trained assassins in all of Westeros, and excellent with a sword, surely equal to Beatrix Kiddo. :cool:

If you watch again, the soldiers didn't have their swords handy. She would have taken one of the swords laying at their side and killed 2-3 instantly, 2 would have ran away, and 2 would have stayed for her coup de grace with Needle.

Who is a better teacher

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Arya is blind here training against a master for months

[​IMG]

#219 heypartner, Jul 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
    Bobbythegreat likes this.
  20. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

he is a less annoying (and cheaper) version of orlando bloom.

shouldnt have for should not have???

i think he was saying they should not (shouldnt) have cast ed sheeran (a ginger).

#220 jo mama, Jul 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017