1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Game of Thrones] Season Seven

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 12, 2016.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Haha I dun mind Danny as much as everyone seems to but I am also listing choices for elder actresses.

I am fine with her now, the whole saga is nearing a showdown, end anyway.

Never heard of Tamzin Merchant......

I really like the Dragonglass subject......really want to see a major character wield a bad ass weapon made of Dragonglass.

#181 daywalker02, Jul 17, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  2. TheRedRanger

TheRedRanger Member

3. Buck Turgidson

He was the one that looked like the offspring of a hipster ****ing a hobbit.

Sansa is still a whiny, annoying twat.

Could have done without the bedpan cleaning closeup montage. I was eating breakfast at the time.

How is it a McGuffin?

Jim Broadbent is awesome. Didn't know he was going to be in this.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

oh.. well damn. @heypartner don't click the spoilers!

5. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

He had a dragon's horn in the books that he alleged could control dragons, so that would be an impressive gift and actually give Cersei a chance. He also once had a dragon egg (supposedly) and threw it into the ocean.

I've been shaking my head every time I see Sansa and Jon together, because Sansa never really liked him, and now she is getting offended by him at every turn. Hate they are trying to divide them (basically from the start).

It was to show that not everybody is bad. That soldiers are victims of circumstance too. She initially planned on killing them, but has seemingly changed her mind about that.

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Right. Every big time show on TV has spoilers if you look for them. And the first one I clicked yesterday gave a clue from the Trailers, which I also purposely didn't watch. Plus I don't watch previews of next week

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Funny, I thought it was a cameo of the actor who played Sam from LOTR, after the cameo talk. No clue who the singer is.

Yeah, no McGuiffin. The Citadel is pretty important. A cache of Dragon glass to mine is enough, but I'm still hoping he learns the secret of making Valyrian steel and specifically the Lightbringer. Jon wielding Lightbringer ftw.

#187 heypartner, Jul 17, 2017
  8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

My wife told me Ed Sheeran was going to be on the show but I thought she was just bullshitting me since earlier in the day I was complaining about him being on every single commercial break of HBO Family. Then FFS I see his stupid hairsprayed ass and goofy face on GoT.

Why.

Why.

9. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

He is refereed to as the Ginger Hobbit in some circles.

10. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

Here's the reason why: https://www.thrillist.com/entertainment/nation/game-of-thrones-season-7-ed-sheeran-character

Man and daywalker02 like this.
  11. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I enjoyed the episode - it had enough to it and I really like the way it ended.

though I had no idea who ed sheeran was and why people were making such a big deal. Turns out I am pretty in the dark to modern music and all. I dont really mind though

macho GRANDE likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Arya Stark or Maisie Williams (I guess her name) was a fan.

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I only know about him from this commercial.

Watch this 300 times and you'll know why I didn't like seeing him on Thrones.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I only heard that he is a Pop singer..... never heard any of his songs......looks like an Irish potato head.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Should have taken that guy. Brienne looks at him.

#194 daywalker02, Jul 17, 2017
  15. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Too much hate for Emilia Clarke. She's absolutely fine in her role, not the greatest but certainly not the worst actress out there. The problem is her character's development plateaued several seasons ago and she's been having to coast on dragon-riding and increasingly cringe-worthy rallying speeches. They could have done so much more with her character and it's a shame, but there's still time left in the show to make up for it.

In any case, the episode was a great reintroduction and the end scene at Dragonstone was just about damn near perfect. Though I didn't realize at the time, besides Dorne which I don't care too much about, we didn't get any sightings of Malisandre, and unless I missed him in the Winterfell scenes, Davos as well.

I also really hope Jon and Sansa don't turn on each other. Hopefully they truly understand they need each other if they are to survive and prevail the coming war (but there is some definite tension there). Despite her obvious signs of jealousy over Jon being King of the North, at least she recongizes Littlefinger for what he is and her thoughts about being smarter than Ned and Rob are on point.

macho GRANDE, RocketWalta and GRENDEL like this.
  16. CJLarson

CJLarson Member

Margaery who? Sansa was looking mighty fine last night.

Anyone get a good look at the preview for next week?

Ellaria Sand and Yara are getting awfully close. Don't think that's an ideal partnership.

17. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

I'm consistently baffled that in this super harsh and grim world where people regularly bash each other's skulls in for the slightest bit of power and advantage, someone hasn't squashed Lyanna Mormont like a grape yet.

macho GRANDE and Man like this.
  18. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

Davos was sitting next to Jon at the table during the meeting.

19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sansa and Dany. Ugh...

Another episode with zero usage of Tyrion Lannister. How long will it last? Tyrion IS GOTs. They haven't given the guy decent lines for double digit episodes now.

Man likes this.
  20. conquistador#11

Was that wun wun as a member of the frozen un-dead? if so why didn't they turn the direwolf into one of them. I don't like the treatment of dire wolves in this show.