1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

[Game of Thrones] Leak Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by FishBulb913, Aug 4, 2017.

1. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I knew someone was going to use that explanation above, of course I already thought that also. But that small important tidbit should have been highlighted the first time Jon killed a WW. Just flash to a group of wights disintegrating. Not a book follower so I'd like to know if this is mentioned in the books also. So that surviving wight was the Theon among undead Starks, again really convenient.

2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Anyone know how many WW are there?

I remember them minting babies into WW. Maybe there's an estimate or something...

It would be real lame if killing the Night King kills all the other WW.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Pen 15 Clubber.

4. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

That's what I was telling myself after I watched the episode but then I thought about it, and Viserion was pretty far from him. Had he shot at Drogon, he probably would have stopped Jon and Daenerys and killed the biggest of the 3 dragons.

I'll just say your right, he saw Viserion coming so he killed him. It's easier to process this.

5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I just chalk him going after Viserion as dramatic license, There's really no logical way to defend it considering Drogon was not only the largest and stationary, but also carrying all of the people that could possibly stop him. Like Ramsey choosing to deliver a killing blow to Wun Wun instead of just taking out Jon Snow while he was distracted. 99% of movies have something similar you could find major logical flaws in.

However, we know the Night King has some attachment to the 3 eyed raven. We've seen him identify Bran warging twice. Maybe he knew the Dragons we're gonna come, and that Viserion was the one he was gonna take out.

6. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

I still cant fathom travelling from dragonstone to kidnap a wight to bring to cersei to convince her. I'm sure there are easier ways to gift the NK a dragon of his own. But, I'm sure the show's fans would eat it up for all the dragon and fight scenes and defend the show for the show nerds that they are.

AceOfSpades likes this.
  7. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Maybe benjen is the NK. He said children of the forest shoved dragon glass to save him. Isn't that how NK was formed?

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

We also have to keep into consideration the Night King's perception of time. He's been around for what? 8000 years? He has massive amounts of patience on his side. He probably thinks he can toy around a bit.

9. The Stig

The Stig Member

Apparently, in my circle of friends, I was the only one who thought this episode (S7E6) was bad.

Anyone else feels this way?

fba34 and tierre_brown like this.
  10. fchowd0311

I loved it but I can see why someone wouldn't. Ya, the pacing was off. I had some other issues also but god damn I waited 6 god damn years for this to happen and it was visually stunning. I'm okay to admit that I'm not bothered by cliche tropes. So I actually enjoy the two main protagonists of the series where we have seen 6 years of their character development finally converging paths. Dragons coming to the rescue was shot beautifully and I can ignore some of the obvious plot holes because of the raw emotion of all this epic payoff.

Hakeemtheking and The Stig like this.
  11. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Pacing felt weird and the majority of the dialogue was pretty bad. It had some moments I enjoyed, but overall I didn't think it was a great episode.

The Stig likes this.
  12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

While we may see some interesting Benjen in future episodes (since he's half white walker already, he could "pass" as an undead or some crap, shambling with their army and later helping the good guys), I don't think he's the Night King. They were basically on the same field of battle in this last episode.

The Bran connections to the NK, however, are pretty fascinating.

Still mad and sad about the dragon. Have no idea why I value them over all the humans, LOL. Not healthy.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Are you a member of PETA uh...PETD?

B-Bob likes this.
  14. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Half-wight not White Walker. White Walkers are the blue-eyed scary people, wights are the undead they resurrect. White Walkers are very much alive.

15. B-Bob

I hear you, but he had dragon-glass shoved into his heart, like the OG white walker, no? He's an interesting case, and I don't think we've seen the last of him at any rate. :)

16. The Stig

The Stig Member

Thanks for your takes @fchowd0311 and @HeWhoIsLunchbox . The reasoning y'all mentioned are exactly why I didn't like this episode. It's too predictable given the rounds of fan services they're trying to get to. The dragon death was a bit surprising though but damn, they telegraphed the Viscerion's death for a good minute. And the fact that one wight didn't die in that little WW scouting team is ******* stupid.

Couple of things I'm confused about. Can Bran see into the future? I thought every time he pulls off the "Undertaker eye" thing, he's flashing back to the past. Not to the future...????

The Arya/Sansa thing is the most confusing thing ever. Why are they acting so stupid and doing everything LF wants them to do?

17. CheezeyBoy22

CheezeyBoy22 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

assuming E6 is already leaked?

18. fchowd0311

I don't think Bran can warg into the future. Wasn't he warged into ravens and seeing the Knight King in the present?

I wouldn't be surprised if Arya is toying with Little Finger. I think Arya is playing Little Finger without telling Sansa her genuine intent. She probably wants Sansa to act natural with Little Finger so LF doesn't suspect anything and when she finally makes her conclusion, then she will tell Sansa.

B-Bob likes this.
  19. B-Bob

Bran keeps saying he needs to get better, right? I have the impression he still gets uncontrolled visions and doesn't necessarily know their place in time. (I'm not arguing that he can see into the future, at all; just wondering if he even knows the extent of what he can do.)

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, it leaked a few days ago