1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[game] Divinity: Original Sin

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by morpheus133, Apr 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

2. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/larianstudios/divinity-original-sin/widget/video.html" frameborder="0"> </iframe>

3. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Backed this when they started it. Looks great, and they've done an excellent job with their Kickstarter campaign. Hope they can get to the $1M mark.

4. RC Cola

Bump for the final ~2 hours. Think they're just under $950K (including Paypal). If they don't get to $1M by the end of the Kickstarter, they might be able to hit it with Paypal contributions over the next few weeks. So things are looking good there. :)

5. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

6. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

$5k short of $1 million goal as it closes, but the devs said they would add the $1 million dollar stretch goal NPC schedules and weather stuff anyway just now on their live stream

7. Outlier

Outlier Member

I like how it's real-time with turn based battles.

8. RC Cola

I always enjoy being pleasantly surprised by how these campaigns end up. No way did $1M seem like a likely final tally (well..yes, they're technically short of it by a bit for now, but I thought $600K-$700K might be pushing it). Congrats to Larian Studios, and I'm looking forward to checking out the final product when it's ready.

9. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

I haven't played yet, but the beta is available on Steam Early access now:

[youtube]dYaPnmQQK1g[/youtube]

10. RC Cola

This game was finally released earlier this week. I haven't had a chance to play it yet (the gamer in me is so sad this year :( ), but it seems like impressions for the game are very positive. It is also the top seller (as of this moment) at Steam. I'm downloading it now and might check it out some over the long weekend.

I'm glad that this project ended up doing so well for the team and for the players. :)

11. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I saw this. looked nice.
    I was wondering. In character creation, can you choose different classes, that was not clear to me.

12. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Kickstarted it. You create two characters. Each one you can pick a class template, but you can customize it to whatever you want.

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I saw this game last night on Steam and thought about buying it, but am also thinking about getting Distant Worlds : Universe. I think I'll read some more reviews first.

14. AtheistPreacher

AtheistPreacher Contributing Member

15. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Never played or even heard of Divinity but I was playing similar looking games at the time. Is this in the same vein as baldurs gate, neverwinter nights, dungeon siege? It looks great.

16. RC Cola

I did get around to playing some of this game today, and I'm definitely loving it. :)

Really loving the combat system.

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Pretty much a modern rehash of Baldur's Gate/Planescape.
    Very good game.
    Also a very hard and unforgiving game.

To anyone buying this: Don't forget to quicksave every five seconds or you will find yourself unexpectedly dying and having to roll back two hours. :(

#17 RedRedemption, Jul 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
  18. Wilezra

Wilezra Member

Oh god, I miss NWN so much. If this game is something similar to the gameplay, lore and atmosphere of NWN, I'm definitely going to try this out.

19. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I started playing this. I really enjoy this game. It is a throwback to the Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Neverwinter Nights, etc. for sure. Truth be told, I had to switch it to easy to play. I even went Lone Wolf on one of the two chars to make them more stout.

20. RC Cola

I just realized I have 25 hours invested into this game, and I think I'm still more or less in the first area (but almost done). Loving this game. Just wish I had more time (I have to decide between this or the Destiny Beta for now :( ).