1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Mavericks vs. Thunder in Game 1 of the West Semis. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Game 7 thoughts and musings

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Bryant2108, May 15, 2015.

1. rocks123

rocks123 Member

well its game 7 so all gloves are off. Rebounding and good transition defense will win this game. Both clips and rockets are inconsistent and usually commit boneheaded and costly errors. But we're clutch city so i would assume that if the game is close we will definitely pull through.

2. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

The only pressure the Rockets should have on them is to put a good show on for the home crowd. Win or lose, the Rockets are basically playing with house money because practically no one thought this would go 7 after seeing Games 3 and 4. Winning would be amazing but the most important things is to not get blown out because that would somewhat negate what they have done the past two games and no one wants to get blown out to finish the season.

In my opinion, the Clippers should have most if not all of the pressure. They put themselves in this position with sloppy play and it will be hard for them to shake the Rockets confidence even if they get up by double digits. Plus, Paul and Doc need to get out of this round for their legacy.

If the Rockets come out guns blazing and open up a 15+ point lead, I think the Clippers will begin to fold a bit. If it's a close game then you gotta to hope the Clippers start feeling pressure while our veterans calm our players down.

Either way, we are going to have to play hard. We don't have to play a perfect game but the key is playing hard and maintain that effort no matter the score. I do believe if we throw the fist knockout punch, Clippers may begin to crumble.

I'm pretty scared about tomorrow's game though. The Clippers' gameplan may be to bait Howard early and often so I hope Dwight keeps his cool. He was so close to getting ejected last game in that 3Rd Quarte.

I can already see Barnes doing something ejection worthy if we start to pull away. Likewise, I can see Paul doing an "accidental" injury to one of our players a la Isaiah Canaan.

3. Bryant2108

Bryant2108 Member

Good points. What happened to Canaan - I don't recall that.. Was this when he was a rocket or after he got traded?

The Rockets are in a good spot. Honestly, if they lose this series having home court, they don't deserve to advance. Losing one (minus Chris Paul, no less) is not wonderful but they did recapture home court in game 6, but going 2-2 at home in a playoff round isn't acceptable for this team.

I'm cautiously optimistic, but you never know which Rockets team (or Clippers team) will show up. Unfortunately, by the time I get home to watch tomorrow, it'll be over so I'll be watching my dvr and staying away from... Basically everything :grin:

4. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

That last part is a big concern of mine... Will Harden give effort? And 100% at that? He needs to focus on D and his O will come easy.... Someone tell him that!!!!