1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Game 4 Refs Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, May 23, 2018.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Great job! Great team win!

Rock Block and Beardaholic13 like this.
  2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

3. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Love these dudes. Called it fair. The fact I couldnt name them when they stepped on the court means they're good.

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

5. JW86

JW86 Member

Even the end was by the rules, and had that been us I would have expected the same. 0.5 was not enough for a shot though.

6. Tankeio

Tankeio Member

Game 7 Tony brothers Scott foster... we got to win this in six or else!

7. lionaire

lionaire Member

Still can't believe Callahan blew the whistle at the end for that over the back call

8. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I thought they were decent until that .5 sec ****. Absolutely disgraceful.

9. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

That was some extremely physical defense (by us) that the referees allowed. This might be the NBA's answer to the Durant-Warriors merger, which Silver has said was not ideal from the standpoint of keeping the league competitive. And not just for this year. We could be headed back to officiating that looks more like the '80s or '90s.

jboslett, Spacemoth and BigShasta like this.
  10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I have a question about that.

Who decides which refs move on to the next round?

In the first round the announcing crew said this every game 1, that the refs like the teams would be moving on based on performance...but who is judging?

No one like Brothers. Go to any teams forum after he refs a game and its easy to see he's the most hated ref in the NBA easily and most people think he's crooked. I'm just shocked that he continues to officiate these big games, my guess is they move on by peer voting and that means seniority wins out.

11. Tankeio

Tankeio Member

Not only do I think your right about seniority, but what's worse is often times he's lead official!

12. jbasket

jbasket Member

So there's threads here both criticizing & praising refs. Which is it lol.

arkoe likes this.
  13. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

The refs were weirdly consistent in how they reffed the game in that they gave the calls to the team with momentum (and it wasnt because of the calls that they got momentum) so in the first the Warriors got a ton of calls to their benefit and that started to change in the second when the rockets made some plays to get back into it. Then in the third when the Warriors when on their steph barrage it was the same thing. In the fourth the Rockets got the nod. I still dislike this a lot but at the very least its something that players can adopt to and I would prefer that then over what the team had in game 3 (which was their own fault but early on when it was still close there was really bad consistency in what was being called or not called)

14. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

A couple questionable soft fouls called on us and that last call with 0.5 was pretty ridiculous, but overall solidly officiated game.

cerophilik likes this.
  15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I won't be shocked if Foster Brothers are in town for Game 5

16. jboslett

jboslett Member

Liked how the game was called. Durant and Curry had a questionable and one call apiece (both against Harden), but I think their letting us play helped us seize momentum in the 2nd quarter. I still feel like Curry gets the benefit of soft foul calls more than anyone in the league. His getting tossed around like Raggedy Ann is more a result of his physical makeup than fouls against him.

17. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Curry got the benefit of some soft fouls. One against Eric Gordon early and one against Harden late. That late call to extend the game was stupid, too. They did allow more physical defense at other times. Oddly officiated game.

Dankstronaut likes this.
  18. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I said in another thread, and it's been said many, many times before....just be consistent.

I feel like consistency is the biggest thing no matter what. If you're going to call ticky tack hand checks, call them every time on every one. If you're not going to call hand checks, don't call them on anyone, ever. I didn't feel like last night was totally consistent but I also didn't feel the pull of the refs like a lot of games have. Then again, you have Draymond basically daring the league to call a flagrant foul and they won't. You have Curry falling over about every third play trying to game a call out of the refs. Leaving a play to holler at the ref with no repercussion. Kerr will act like hand-checking equals a triple homicide where the weapon used was an un-sharpened pencil.

Duncan McDonuts likes this.
  19. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

I thought officiating was bad. KD got 3 free throws on a 3 pt attempt and Harden on the very next play was fouled the exact same way and didn't get the call. He had 2 other exact same fouls they didn't call. Curry also got several and 1s on barely any contact on drives to the basket meanwhile Harden and Gordon got a lot more contact on drives and no calls. There was also that fast break in the 4th qtr where I think it was curry clearly grabbed Gerald green preventing him from getting the ball for an easy layup and they called it out on Houston. Officiating was bad.