1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[FX] American Horror Story: Cult

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RKREBORN, Sep 6, 2017.

1. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Anyone catch the premier? Seems to be shoving liberal propaganda down our throats. Can we please go back to ghost/supernatural stories?

2. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Carrie Fisher's daughter was a fine addition
    [​IMG]

Nook and ATXNekko like this.
  3. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

My cable started messing up halfway through so I didn't see after the supermarket scene. But as a liberal, I hate the way they portrayed the main female. Seemed to me like they were potentially alienating both sides.

Falcons Talon likes this.
  4. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Yeah, ill give it a shot for the next two or 3 episodes but can't stand anyone in this cast but Evan Peters and Billie Lourd. Paulson's screams irritated me. One critic who's seen 5 episodes already says Episode 1 is the best so that doesn't bode well.

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

I still haven't even finished the last season

6. ATXNekko

ATXNekko Member

Our video got choppy around that scene then finally normalized when I was about to give up. Wasn't overly thrilled with the political overtones and extreme stereo typing, some of it was a bit funny. Just makes me realize I'm burned out on the political theater. Hoping that it gets better,

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It seemed like they wee making fun of liberals to me. I agree, they need to get back to ghosts and sh*t.

8. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I did laugh at the "f*** Nate Silver" line.

9. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

i watched the first episode, wish they would have gone with a more subtle approach. Last season was ok, funnier than scary, never finished Hotel.

10. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I never finished last season. Once I found out that it was based on a show they were making within the show I could instantly tell the direction and just didn't feel like watching something so predictable.

Let me guess after this "hoax" everyone gets haunted and now no one believes you. ORIGINAL!

GRENDEL likes this.
  11. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it wasn't so much about people 'not believing it'. But it was no more predictable than any story about ghosts and evil spirits. It was a good season, although i did enjoy the first half of the series much more than the second.

I agree. I am certainly burned out on the political stuff, but i did find it more comical than anything.

12. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

I agree with this. As it started, my first comment was, "If this damn show is going to make a political statement, i'm not going to bother", but as I watched more and more, it seemed to make fun of the extreme liberals and extreme conservatives. I have no clue what the endgame is here, but I'll stick with it for now.

13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I guess I should have said predictable in the sense that someone from the cast/crew would get haunted after they make a show of the couple being fake haunted.

I really liked what the actual show would have been, if they remained on the same path without the whole "staged tv show" antics.

I hate clowns so I'm not watching this one, just saying.

14. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

does seem weird that clowns are again a focal point for another season. I will give it a few more episodes but this could be another season I bail on.

Side note, nothing more awkward than watching the first episode with the in-laws and having a masturbating clown on screen.

FLASH21 likes this.
  15. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

[​IMG]
    Oooooh yeah!:D

tellitlikeitis and DonkeyMagic like this.
  16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I watched the first episode. . . . i'm good. . . i'm out

Generally speaking this show is good for abuot 4~5 episodes
    then it tanks hard

I was laughing at all the stupidity in this episode . . . . .
    It was just so dumb .. . . . . I figure this is the best it will be

Rocket River

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Ok, anybody still watching? I was out after the first episode like a lot of you guys, but binged the latest 3 because of the lull in new fall content. It's much better than the first episode. You get a lot of answers in the 4th episode. A lot of layered characters. The reason why this season is called "cult" finally materializes in episode 4.

Remember that show with Kevin Bacon that aired on FOX a couple years ago - The Following? One of the most annoying parts of that show was EVERYBODY was a part of the cult with no explanation. They Deus ex Machina'd the plot with "oh he/she was a part of the cult the whole time, dummy". AHS at least explains it.

We are talking about AHS here, so they can completely screw this crap up fast. Right now, after being done, I'm back in.

#17 DreamShook, Sep 28, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
    MoonBus likes this.
  18. MoonBus

MoonBus Contributing Member

Agree with you on this. I think ep1 was one of the worst season opener for any series. I almost gave up on this as well. Still don't like any of the characters and finds Fisher's daughter really annoying. Also getting really tired of Paulson always playing the scared/crying/screaming characters.

DreamShook likes this.
  19. dmoneybangbang

Watched through episode 3 so far... it seemed very political at first but really this season is about what people are afraid. It's still political but I think it's making a larger statement about fear and what people do to alleviate it.

DreamShook likes this.
  20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

This is by far the most coherent season of AHS and I'm enjoying it. They cut out all the fantastical elements in the show and it's still pretty unsettling, but it has me intrigued about what will happen next. No more monsters makes me want to figure out what's going to move the plot forward instead spending all my time figuring out what I'm watching on screen.

I'm telling you, If you guys get passed the first 3 episodes I think some will be surprised how good it has gotten. This might be the best season of AHS since Murder House.