1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Future of the Team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketman95, Dec 9, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. popeye

popeye Member

Hey JazzRule:

Would that game be Squirrels, chipmunks or the proverbial gerbel???????

I could not resist.

2. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He's beginning to sound like Linda Blair in "The Excorcist"

3. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Wasn't she something like twelve too!

4. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

JazzBlow...you're a Mormon alright. Only problem is the second "m" is silent.

Please let me know if you are too stupid to figure this one out, OK?

------------------
    Just Win Baby! More Than Four Times!

5. UT Baller

UT Baller Member

Jazzrule-
    OK stupid, what is your problem?

Admin: Etc, etc, etc.

[This message has been edited by Administrator (edited December 09, 1999).]

6. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Okay JazzHole--
    First you said:
    "i don't give a **** about karl malone, i would piss on his dead body in a second."

To which Rockets23 replied:
    "Crapo Charles will be more of man than that *** Malone will ever be. Atleast charles knows he is black. He knows that he is not suppose to ride a freakin eighteen wheeler, or go fishing or have a stupid ranch."
    (I don't agree with this, because a black man can drive what he wants and live where he wants, but that is not the point)

Then you said:
    "wow rockets23 you are just another racist redneck from the grand old opry southern ****hole town ofhouston. i can't believe you are criticizing karl malone for not being "black enough." what the hell is that? is there a code of blackness that mus be followed? if we all listened to the stupid ****head rockets23, all black people with trucks and ranches would not be "really" black.

YOU GOD DAMN RACIST.

Personally, I think its funny any time someone refers to a basketball fan as racist, because that really doesn't make much sense.

But, to get to my point:
    You are a mormon calling us Rocket fans (Houstonians and Texans) racists when your own book of Mormon states that the black man has been cursed by God, and that sounds pretty damned racist to me.

My question to you is are you contradicting yourself, or does the last page of the book of Mormon also read, "Whenever possible, open your mouth and insert your foot."?

------------------
    Proud Cheerleader 'til we move to New Orleans

7. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

That was cool...

Now you see it....

Now you don't.

8. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

Dang, I thought you guys would be able to maintain a little perspective.

Yeah, this Jazzhole was a jerk, but I hardly expected to see so many bigoted, anti-Mormon posts in a Rockets forum.

I'm ashamed of you guys.

------------------
    Nothing but NET--

http://www.clutchcity.NET

Don't Fight the Future

9. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

A few people seem so concerned about the team right now... I just want to focus on Charles and I hope he can recover and feel no ill effects in his knee for the rest of his life. The guy is a warrior and deserves that respect.

BUT, to address the team... sure, there are going to be some seriously grey skies we're going to go through initially, but this team is young -- very young -- now. They're going to grow and add pieces to their core as they go along. A championship mix doesn't happen overnight and contrary to what some may have believed -- it wasn't going to happen this year (though they were greatly improving).

Just keep in mind this: Carlos Rogers is 28 years old. Shandon Anderson turns 26 in a few days. Bryce Drew, Kelvin Cato and Cuttino Mobley are all 25 years old. Kenny Thomas is 22 years old and Steve Francis is 21.

These guys are all forced into playing time situations now and some (if not many) nights will be very fun to watch. A few key moves and in a year or two this team is going to be very dangerous. What would you rather be right now? A team like the Hawks, Cavs or Jazz -- declining slowly and first or second round fodder for sure -- or a young, potentially exciting team that may not make the playoffs but could be deadly in a few years?

Now is the true test for Rudy Tomjanovich. Now we're going to see what kind of coach he really is.

------------------
    Clutch
    http://www.clutchcity.NET
    SPREAD THE WORD

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I second the remarks about this not being the day to discuss filling Barkley's slot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.