1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Funny V-Span e-mail

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by vj23k, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Zac D

Zac D Contributing Member

That's the most ridiculous collection of claptrap I've read in my life, and I read White House press briefings.

2. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

LOL yes..and it cannot be proven that it's true without a source and it also cannot be proven that it isn't true. What we do know from many sources is this. Undeniable fact lol. JVG is an ass.

3. EGYPT

EGYPT Member

maybe we should see who is not posting anymore since he has been fired, lets start another Fire JVG thread and see if he surfaces :p

4. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Hahaha! That's the most insane buch of crap I've ever read. They told him he'd start?! Yao and TMac demanded that he play? Yeah right!

5. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

This "article" is completely and utterly...

[​IMG]

6. EGYPT

EGYPT Member

man this is like a soap opera going on all season long, while us fans are just watching and aching and not knowing much about the actual detail, if it is true. How would a team with all that distraction make it deep into the playoffs?

7. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

Umm we didn't make it deep into the playoffs.

8. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

which one is vspans buttpounding partner? you are certainly in the lead.

you must really miss stuffing his grape leaves

9. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

So you are admitting you are JVG

10. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

so you are admitting you are partially r****ded? not that you had to

11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Didn't your own post prove that at least some of it is untrue, with his dad passing away in the mid to late 90's, not last year??

At least when they're making stuff up they can try and get checkable facts right.

12. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

dont look for rational thought in an irrational person

13. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

Show me where in that article it says that his father died last year

14. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

My favorite part is the part where Yao goes to Les Alexander and threatens to go back to China if Spanoulis doesn't play.

I mean, it takes some major league talent to come up with premium grade bullcrap like this.

15. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Actually both of you should give it a 2nd read for comprehension.

It said his mother's ill health following his father's death. No where does it say his father died during the season. What one can reason, is that the loss of a spouse can take many years to get over. The article/email reports that his mother had a severe bout with depression and thoughts of suicide.

This is how facts are misrepresented and twisted. It was a fact that V-Span's words were twisted maliciously and many Rocket fans ganged up on V-Span mercilessly even after the V-Mac statement was found to be mishandled by Jeff Van Gundy.

I can take this all with a grain of salt, but if it shakes out, there are going to be many Rockets fans that will need to eat crow and look in the mirror.

Van Gundy did have a similar behind-the-scenes politics issue in NYC apparently according to Charlie Rosen. And again that's Rosen, so take that with a grain of salt. But also consider Steve Francis's statement...
    Of course JVG has people vouching for him in the other direction. But coaching is a job, which JVG lost. Don't pretend that they are no politics involved.

16. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

In deference to Spanoulis, I'll assume the poster's brother misheard or misrepresented the conversation. Because if Spanoulis really said this, he needs remedial lessons in credible spin. Better than Nash! You're so awesome I'll make sure you never play, mwa ha ha! Time to change the aluminum foil on his hat.

17. DonkeyMagic

Supporting Member

why read crap twice? its comedy, pure and simple.

:D

yeah, we all saw how much other players really fought for vspan.

let it go. he wasnt good enough last year. he obviously wasnt patient enough to put in his time. he wussed out. he cant hack it.

18. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I cannot believe this guy. :eek:

He sucks and he proved it on the court. Nash? Give me a break.

If he plays for the Spurs, I don't know who I'll hate more, Parker, Ginobili or Span.

19. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

no thats fine, and yr right to have the healthy skepticism that i share with you. but knocking it on points that dont exist kinda does yr cause a disservice. thats all.

20. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I can't believe the majority of the posters who sit here and gobble up anything negative when in regards to JVG.

I have some magic beans I can sell you guys who believe there is any thread of truth in that "article"