1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Funny things my dog does

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by keeley, Sep 21, 2000.

Tags:
  1. keeley

keeley Contributing Member

Jeff -

do you guys name your cats after past Rockets point guards?

How about Sleepy? Or Sam? Or Sedale? Or Calvin? Or Allen? Or........

------------------
    The Badministrator

2. SpaceCity

SpaceCity Contributing Member

I have a 6 month old 60 pound Rottwieler and he can be relly entertaining at times.

Most recently, he was walking ahead of me in our living room but he was looking back at me when he was walking . He ended smacking right into this big potted plant that we have.

Seeing this big dog chase his tail is really funny too.

------------------
    RocketFuel is dead!

3. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

All my cats are weird.

The mean one is Carrie. She's just mean, it's her personality.

Sometimes when I'm wrestling with the only boy cat we have, Fuzzy, he'll start growling and hissing and making a bunch of noise. Well, Carrie is a daddy's girl and when she hears this she comes running. She'll watch and if she feels Fuzzy is getting out of hand she'll jump in on him.

Fuzzy's favorite food (besides all people food) is ice cream. If you have any type of ice cream you are his best friend until you've finished it. We don't give it to him anymore, but I guess my wife exacerbated the problem by always giving him a little of any kind of ice cream she had. Funny thing I was getting some ugh Healthy Choice ice cream out of the freezer just the other day, and before I had put a third spoonful into the bowl, Fuzzy was sitting right outside the kitchen staring at me.....

------------------
    I have a dream.........his name's Hakeem.
    DREAMer's Rocket Page

4. SpaceCity

One of our 4 cats has no problem letting us know when it time to feed or water him. When his water is empty he will scoot the bowl across the room towards the kitchen. You can hear this across the house so it's pretty funny when we hear this.

Also he likes to get in my face in the morning. I'll wake up and he'll be right there in my face saying "Meow!" which, in this case, means "Get off your ass and feed me!".

------------------
    RocketFuel is dead!

5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I have two sister Rhodesian Ridgebacks at 3 years old, Chloe and Zoe. They are precious and make me laugh all the time. On weekends, if I try to sleep late, they jump on the bed and crash down on me trying to get me out of bed because they want to start their day of hunting squirrels and play. If some skins is exposed, I get the wet tongue. Outside, they go from tree to tree in unison staring up while chasing/hunting squirrels as they go from tree to tree.

Also, if my one dog, Chloe, doesn't have a spot on the sofa, she will stand there and stair at you while sitting in the hallway like, "Where the hell am I supposed to lay down?" . That can get kind of annoying but it's funny as hell.

Oh and when they play together...it is the funniest thing I have ever seen. They chase each other all around the yard(very fast dogs), tackle each other, and bite at each other.

They are great dogs. They are family.

Surf

------------------

6. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

keely,

That is hysterical! I never even thought about him being named Avery. In fact, none of our other cats have Rockets or former Rockets names on purpose though Winston (nickname: Binky) could I suppose refer to former Rockets Winston Garland.

[​IMG]

------------------
    Save Our Rockets and Comets
    SaveOurRockets.com

7. nutcake

nutcake Member

My parents just bought a farm with donkeys and goats on it. You cannot ignore the donkeys when you are in their pasture...they will come up behind you and nudge you to pet them. They also will open the gate for you if you unlatch it. The people who had them before us had to build a lock box around the water faucet because the donkeys kept turning on the water in the middle of the night.
    [​IMG]

------------------

[This message has been edited by nutcake (edited September 21, 2000).]

8. davo

davo Contributing Member

Our last dog used to be pretty mischievous and bold - that was, until we discovered she had an irrational fear of GUITARS! All we had to do was put the guitar in a doorway and she wouldn't go anywhere near it.

Also, did you guys aver notice how dog's obey indoor/outdoor etiquette? AN example is, if our cat so much as set foot inside the backyard, he was fairgame and the dog would go tearing after him. Inside, the cat could walk within an inch of the dogs nose and - no reaction.

Finally, hears a feelgood story. When my Grandmother was young, her family lived in a town called Meekatharra - about 400 miles from Perth in Western Australia. In those days (it was around 1925)dogs weren't kept locked up in backyards, in fact there weren't even any back yards. Consequently, the dog used to go "walkabout" for days at a time. Anyway, my grandmother and her family had to move to Perth at short notice, and they couldn't find the dog before they left. Everyone was very distraught, but they couldn't do much about it. 2 weeks later, the dog turns up at their house in a suburb of Perth, having NEVER been there before. Obviously I didn't witness this myself, but my Grandmother wasn't prone to telling tall stories, and it was verified by he younger sister before she died.

------------------
    Current Rocket's Salary & Contract Info

9. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I have many memories of peculiar things my pets did, but one in particular stands out.

One dog named Careless, who looked like the dog from the Simpsons, though not a greyhound, learned how to play fetch by watching the dogs we already had. One day I picked up some dirt, and he came running to play fetch. I threw it up in the air, and he would fly up in the air, almost doing backflips trying to fetch it, not realizing he could not as it scattered in the air.

But he would come down with his mouth full of sprinkled mud, exited as ever.

Also, he taught the other dogs not to drink from the water hose, but rather rip up the ground where the water fell. It got quite annoying when trying to water the grass.

------------------
    I am so exasperated that I could expectorate.

10. SpaceCity

Davo,
    My dog freaked out the first time I pulled out my acoustic and struck a chord. It was hilarious. He ran away real fast.

And all this time I thought I was good!

------------------
    RocketFuel is dead!

11. rascal

rascal Guest

When I was younger, I had a dog that used to love to catch snowballs. Unfortunately, he'd get excited and chomp down on them, turning them back into powder. The poor thing would then run around the yard deperately searching for the missing snowball. He never did figure it out.

12. nutcake

nutcake Member

Davo & Space city,

Have you ever tried an electric guitar through an amp? I had a dog that went nuts because he couldn't figure out what was causing that noise! [​IMG]

------------------

13. nutcake

nutcake Member

When my parents got thier new house, we took my dog and thier dog, both of whom are 4 pound chihuahuas, up there. they had never really been anywhere with stairs. these little dogs discoverd they could climb the stairs so they spent the entire weekend running up and down the stairs. My dog came home then and slept for two days.

------------------

14. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Stuff dogs and cats,

Tropical fish are the way to go, they have great personalities and are way better to look at.

------------------
    Discombobulation Imminent

15. davo

davo Contributing Member

Tropical fish are fine until the cat eats them. Our old cat, Dudley the Terrorist, finished off a couple of fish in his career.

------------------
    Current Rocket's Salary & Contract Info

16. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Have you ever seen a Lab play with a rubber band??

I swear you will be laughing so hard your sides will start hurting.

My dog even likes Jello shots. He kept stealing our "empties", eating the leftovers and playing with the cups.

------------------
    Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures.

Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, but it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and b****-slap the motherfuc@er upside the head!

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Remember when lasers were the hot thing 2 years ago ? I have so much fun taking that laser beam around in circles and watching my cat try to chase it , hilarious , provides hours of entertainment [​IMG]

------------------
    This signature space for rent call 555 ...

18. nutcake

nutcake Member

My dog is making me crack up. I'm eating lunch in my closet/computer room and she would like to be in here with me/my food. there is a wastebasket blocking her way though. (she is only 4 pounds so a wastebasket is a big obstruction). she is grunting and scratching at the wastebasket, but she just can't get through!

------------------

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Mollie is a fanatical coackroach hunter. She gets a bisquit everytime she catches one. That strategy backfired, because she wakes us up at night snorting against the walls, cause she can smell the tree roaches behind the walls.

20. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

In college, a cat adopted me and all of my stoner buddies. Odd thing is, the cat always came around when we were on the porch toking it up. I mean, he could be tomming around for days, but the instant someone would spark up, he came running. He would hop on each persons lap as they took a hit off the bong and would get as close as he possibly could when we would exhale. Then he would bury his face in his food bowl and then go right to sleep on the porch.

------------------
    I need a new signature.