1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Funny Bush Joke

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocketman95, Oct 2, 2001.

1. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I post this at the risk of being called un-American.

President Elect Bush gets an invite from the Queen to come and visit her in England. One afternoon when drinking tea, he asks her what's the secret of her success? She tells him that she relies on her people a lot and therefore she must be certain that they are intelligent. She decides to show him exactly what she means and phones Tony Blair. "Now listen carefully, Mr. Bush. I'm going to ask Mr. Blair a question to determine his intelligence."

On the phone she says, "Oh hello Mr. Blair, I have a question for you. Your mother has a child, and your father has a child. This child is not one of your brothers and is not one of your sisters. Who is he?"

Tony Blair responds, "It's me."

"Correct. Thank you, Bye" said the Queen and she hangs up. "Did you get that Mr. Bush?"

"Yes'm. Thanks a lot! I'll definitely be using that!"

Once back in the US he decides that he has doubts about some Republicans and he's going to ask them the question. He arranges a meeting with Jesse Helms, the Senator from South Carolina and asks him, "Mr. Helms, I know you're the Chair of the Foreign Relations Committee, and I need to trust your judgment. I have a question for you. "

"Anything to stimulate the mind of this old Southerner," Helms responds.

"Uhh, your mother has a child. And your father has a child. It is not your brother and it is not your sister. Who is it?" asks Bush.

Helms thinks. And he thinks. Then he responds, "Umm, Y'all must gimme some time to think about it."

Bush decides to give him a day to come up with the correct answer.

That afternoon, Helms calls a meeting to discuss the question and get an answer. But NOBODY knows! They've drawn up a Jesse Helms family
    tree, to no avail. The next morning, he realizes that he has to give G Dub an answer and as a last resort, he decides to phone Colin Powell.

"Colin, Your mother has a child, and your father has a child. It is not your brother, and not your sister. Who is it?"

Powell answers immediately, "Hey, Jesse, it's me of course, you dumb Southerner!"

Helms rushes to Bush's office, very impressed to know the answer to such a difficult question! "Mr. Bush, I know! I know who it is! It is Colin Powell!"

"No, you dumb s--t. It's Tony Blair!"

2. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

It was way better when it involved Phil Jackson, Kobe, and Shaq.

3. haven

haven Member

I've never heard the Shaq/Kobe version... but I sure enjoyed this one!.

4. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

My friend, you gambled and lost. You played a risky game, and you are to be commended for your effort, but in the end, the risk was too great. Too great, indeed.

I hereby officially call you un-American. Ha.

:p

5. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Would have been funnier if the punchline wasn't so obvious from the beginning.

You're an Un-American. ;)

6. Johnny Rocket

Johnny Rocket Contributing Member

I am sorry to say but Jesse Helms is from North Carolina not South Carolina. You guys need to learn your Carolina Senators. First you say Strom is from NC and now Helms is from SC.
    Here they are:
    North Carolina:
    -Jesse Helms
    -John Edwards

South Carolina:
    -Strom Thurmond
    -Ernest Hollings

7. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

LET ME TAKE A TURN WITH THIS ONE.....

President Elect Rocketman95 gets an invite from RichRocket to come and visit him in North Carolina. One afternoon when drinking sweet-tea, he asks His Excellency, "What's the secret of your success?"

RichRocket tells him that he relies on his people a lot and therefore he must be certain that they are intelligent. RichRocket decides that Rocketman95 needs a "demo" to show him exactly what he means and calls up OP and puts him on the speakerphone. "Now listen carefully, Rocketman95. I'm going to ask OP a question to determine his intelligence."

On the phone he says, "Oh hello OP, I have a question for you. Your mother has a child, and your father has a child. This child is not one of your brothers and is not one of your sisters. Who is he?"

OP responds, "It's me."

"Correct. Thank you. You're doing great work. Good-bye" says RichRocket and he hangs up. "Did you get that Rocketman95?"

"Yes sir. Thanks a lot! I'll definitely be using that!"

Once back in Washington, he decides that he has doubts about some of his fellow Democrats and he's going to ask them the magic question. He arranges a meeting with haven, the Senator from Massachussetts and asks him, "Mr. haven, I know you're the Chair of the Foreign Relations Committee, and I need to trust your judgment. I have a question for you. "

"Anything to stimulate the mind of this old tax-and-spend liberal," haven responds.

"Uhh, your mother has a child. And your father has a child. It is not your brother and it is not your sister. Who is it?" asks Rocketman95.

haven thinks. And he thinks. Then he responds, "Umm, Y'all must gimme some time to think about it. When is this due... and how many footnotes?"

Rocketman95 decides to give him a day to come up with the correct answer.

That afternoon, haven calls a meeting to discuss the question and get an answer. But nobody on his staff knows! They've drawn up a haven family tree but to no avail. The next morning, he realizes that he has to give Rocketman95 an answer and as a last resort, he decides to phone mango.

"mango, Your mother has a child, and your father has a child. It is not your brother, and not your sister. Who is it?"

mango answers immediately, "Hey, haven, it's me of course, you dumb tax-and-spend liberal!"

haven rushes to Rocketman95's office, very pleased and impressed with himself to know the answer to such a difficult question! "Rocketman95, I know! I know who it is! It is mango!"

"No, you dumb s--t. It's OP!" replies Rocketman95.

8. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Johnny,

........there is a certain irony in what you pointed out.
    ;)

Mango

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

10. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

rm95, I won't question your patriotism because of this joke. I will question your sense of humor.

11. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Contributing Member

Replace the names with Eddie McGuire (President of Collingwood Football Club), Nathan Buckley (Collingwood player), John Elliot (president of Caaaarlton Footy Club), and Leigh Mathews (Coach of Brisbane footy club). And there is the Aussie version of the joke.

12. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

For some reason, RichRocket's version is so much funnier!!!:D :D :D