1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Full Highlights: James Harden's 37 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists vs. Knicks 1/3/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 4, 2014.

1. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

Fixed.

2. Nook

Nook Member

How the hell do you know that McHale isn't respected by his players? Every single comment I have read or heard through back channels is the complete opposite.

3. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Lin is one of the team's scorers,he's currently our #4 scorer averaging just over 14 per game. Looking at the other top teams in the league the only team that has their 4th leading scorer averaging more than Lin is the Clippers. Here's those team's 4th leading scorers:

GS - Barnes 11.8, Portland - Batum - 13.5 , OKC - R. Jackson 12.8, San Antonio - K. Leonard - 11.5, LAC - Reddick - 15.8, Miami - Beasley - 11.1 and Indiana - Hibbert 12.5.

There's only so many shots to go around and they won't ever be evenly distributed. Your better offensive players will usually get more of the shots.

You are correct that the last couple of games has been Harden bailing them out on hot shooting but we've needed it. For the season Harden is averaging 3.4 shots in the 4th quarter. That's comparable to other stars:

Lebron 3.0, Durant 4.2, CP3 3.3, P. George - 3.5, S. Curry 3.8, Dirk 4.4.

4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Harden's defensive effort (disclaimer: unless you believe McHale doesn't care about said effort).

Harden's teammates don't respect the fact McHale allows said effort to usually happen (disclaimer: unless you believe teammates are good with said effort).

You know who else said great things about their coach? The Texans. Kubiak and McHale are (overly) players' coaches and are NOT leaders. Players' coaches generally do NOT win in sports. Add the crap X's and O's and poor motivational skills the team is destined to underachieve.

5. Hak34

Hak34 Member

Sounds like every single piece of crap post I have to hear about Lin from the "old schoolers" LOL.

Lin needs to play better D...plays better D than someone else
    Lin needs to shoot the 3 ball better...shoots the 3 ball better than someone else
    Lin needs to take car of the ball better...turns the ball over much less than someone else.
    Lin needs to just shoot better. Shoots the ball overall better than someone else.

Over and over the ridiculous crap that come from these so called fans is out of this world unbelievable.

Yeah we get it...you don't like his "fans" that's the reason you don't like him.

6. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Lin does need to do all the above though (especially if he wants to start), what's the problem?

7. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Yeah except those things don't appear in Lin highlight video after a win, and those aren't completely baseless negativity unlike the comments I am reading in this thread like accusing Harden of faking injuries to avoid better teams.

8. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Against the Pacers and Thunder Harden played very bad. He claimed that his injury caused him to play poorly. So the games after those two, he took off.

That's probably the reason why ole buddy stated what he stated. It do look kind of fishy huh.

9. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

10. aelliott

That is incorrect.

He didn't miss any games since the OKC game. We've only played two games since then and Harden played in both scoring 38 and 37 points.

11. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Didn't he miss the game after the Pacers?

He did miss a few games after another bad performance, might not been after the Thunders game but it is a fact.

12. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

He sat out the Pistons game after the Pacers, yes. I personally don't find it fishy, considering he's been out sporadically all season due to that lingering foot injury... but I'm also someone who doesn't think he's just making the injury up, as others seem to think (not saying you). But that poster suggested that he fakes injuries to avoid games against tough opponents, but manages to suit up for games against weaker teams. Were that the case, you'd think he would skip games against OKC and Indy, and jump at the chance to play the much weaker Pistons.

13. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Assuming you are correct that Harden misses games after a poor performance and that the Pacers game is one example.

On which other occasion did Harden miss games after a poor performance?

14. Nero

Nero Member

The dumbness... it's just.. I mean.. wow.

You really should have to have a special permit to be that dumb.

15. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

I find it odd that you assume anyone who disparages Harden is automatically a LOF. Why is that?

I get human nature and all, but there's also this senseless need to constantly make it us vs. them, even when it didn't have to be in the first place.

I swear, if I criticize Lin once or compliment Bev, I'm a LOH, but if I go to another thread and compliment another element of Lin's game or put down Harden, I'm a LOF lol. It's ridiculous.

Surprisingly, people can have varying opinions without having to be thrown into one camp or another and <gasp> even those that seem to be in the same 'camp' can have conflicting opinions!

16. aelliott

We have only played two games since we played the Thunder and Harden played in both averaging 37.5 pts/game.

Harden missed the Philly game early in the year and that was following the Toronto game when he had 26pts and 10 asst.

Later in the season he missed 3 consecutive games (ATL, Memphis and Minnesota). The game prior to that was the Dallas game where he had 23pts and 8 assists.

The only other games that he missed were the two following the Indiana game.

17. bws

bws Member

Lin went down in the Atlanta game in 11/27 and Harden came back on 11/29 against Brooklyn and he clearly wasn't himself. He played 27 minutes, had 9 points he had 1-4 but managed to get to the line for 7 FT. Harden also was going to come back in the game Beverley broke his hand but didn't have to. He's played through his feet and ankle being in a lot of pain. He the kind of guy you have to make take games off.

18. aelliott

I understand. That's why I was pointing out that the 'fact' that was previously stated was completely untrue.

19. bws

bws Member

Yep, I was supporting you on that.

20. DOLPHIN2k2

DOLPHIN2k2 Member

Sounds like every single piece of crap post I have to hear about Harden from the "old schoolers" LOL.

Harden needs to play better D...stop being a LOF
    Harden needs to shoot the 3 ball better... LOF are annoying
    Harden needs to take car of the ball better... LOF are killing this site
    Harden needs to just shoot better. .. LOF needs to be banned

Over and over the ridiculous crap that come from these so called fans is out of this world unbelievable.

Yeah we get it...you don't like his "fans" that's the reason you don't like him.