1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Full Highlights: James Harden's 37 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists vs. Knicks 1/3/2014

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 4, 2014.

1. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

Oh thank goodness you gave your opinion, I'll let James know right away!

So can you list the games he has faked due to injury?

1 person likes this.
  2. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

So, Harden is faking injury or illness to duck equal or superior matchups? Ok, let's take a look:

He's afraid of Dallas after scoring 34 and 23 in the first two games vs them this year? Interesting he'd avoid a team that he's averaging 28.5pts against this season.

Detroit? He only scored 37 and 20 against them last season so I can see where he'd be afraid of them.

Atlanta? Strange that he wouldn't want to play against them after dropping 45 and 28 on them last season. Normally you'd think that you would want to play against a team that you averaged 36.5 pts/game against last season.

Minnesota? He only averaged 28.3 against them last season and now they've added noted defensive stopper Kevin Martin so I can see why he'd want to dodge them.

Philadelphia? He averaged 31.5 against them last season but he probably was hesitant to face James Anderson this year.

Memphis? He scored 27pts in his only game vs them this season.

So exactly which of those teams do you think he was avoiding? Which of those teams do you think are superior perimeter defensive teams? Do you realize that he's scored above his average against those teams? In fact, some of his best games have come against those teams.

Sorry to interject facts into the discussion but you couldn't have been any more wrong if you had tried. Did you even bother to check to see who we played in the games that he missed? Nice!

3. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

yep lets trade our best player ad the best SG in the game at age old age of 24.:rolleyes:

4. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

Look at your posts. He/most of us rational fans, knew what you were doing diminishing another pretty decent performance from Harden, especially 4th quarter play.

5. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

If Harden played better D and was more Asian everyone would love him.

1 person likes this.
  6. illadelphiah

illadelphiah Member

....and how is getting to the line in the 4th a bad thing..?

7. N/A

N/A Member

He needs to stop claiming the 4th as his own and continue to share the ball for the whole game - especially for his brick games. His eqo sure skyrocketed the minute he came to Houston. His comments after the Spurs game were very telling.

8. CCM721

CCM721 Member

They just keep on coming.

9. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Link.. I'd like to more players as well.

Harden is very good on offense.

10. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

11. I'm Tom Brady

I'm Tom Brady Member

me too brother. me too...

12. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Thanks.

His 4.3 attempts in 9.2 minutes only averages 5.6 if he played all 12 minutes. Lower numbers than I expected. His 1.0 TOs are also a surprise. Rockets are in good shape if Harden can continue this production.

13. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

He could be even worse on D, but there'd be thousands of rabid fans to vehemently state that he is actually good at it. That's what we get right now, why would it be different for him?

1 person likes this.
  14. hubeijames

hubeijames Member

You're also convieniently forgetting all of the 4th quarter possessions Harden loses to TOs and the ones where he tries an iso, fails to break his man down, and dumps the ball off to Lin/Brooks/Parsons with under 3 seconds left on the shot clot.

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Very welcome indeed. A better mid range game will lead to a higher 3 point percentage.

16. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Conveniently?

Harden averages 1 turnover in the 4th quarter.

What's more "convenient" is you leaving out the actual stat to back up that claim.

17. FeaR

FeaR Member

Last year, whenever JH13 had a very good perfomance and someone created a thread with his highlights, there were 1 or roughly 2 pages of posts to praise his performance.We just don't appreciate him. The only time there is talk about him , is to bash him. After every loss, I don't log in because i know that Harden will be blamed as usual( I don't have a problem to point his mistakes or weaknesses).But This year, I enter a thread and i will see some idiots mock Harden for sth irrelevant with the discussion.(Dish or Garm)

P.S. The same goes for other Rockets( LIN, DH ...)
    I am sorry for any Editorial errors.

18. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Do these people think before they talk?

19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Lin shetting up this thread again

surprise surprise

A Innocent highlight video is posted on the team's fan site after a win of their star
    -Well harden takes 70% of the shots, that's why his numbers are inflated (immediatly proven wrong by actual stats)
    -well Harden only plays great against **** teams (we just beat the spurs Chrismas day)
    -well Harden should like play defense
    -well Harden turns it over a lot and shet, even though he averages 1 TO in the 4th

It's amazing how Lin's fan base have so many obnoxious morons

1 person likes this.
  20. thebeardedwon

thebeardedwon Member

I was at this game in person 2nd row. James Harden killed it. anyone here saying it was unimpressive is just foolish. 1 on 1 defensive matchups are overrated anyway.

one poster on here got it right when he said his career high was against sefolosha who is a great defender. he also dropped 30 + on lebron. Go see a game in person and you'll understand more how it works haters.