1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Frustrating Talk....bench Yao

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Champ06, Oct 30, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Champ06

Champ06 Member

Increase Yao minutes or just bench him until he is fully healthy. It is frustrating to see Yao playing good and the ding..ding..ding 6 minutes is up. Bull@#t. Sorry for my language.

2. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Exactly. Yao for 24 minutes isn't effective/

3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Well benching him isn't going to help increase his minutes. I know they are trying to be careful with him, but the man is a pro-player and he has fully healed according to doctors, what exactly is the point of playing 24 or 32 minutes?

It's just frustrating watching the team start out bad. It's not as if we haven't started out previous seasons bad, but this team is a good team just needs to establish and identity. We have scorers, we have defenders, we have situational players, we need to start using them well.

4. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Bench him. He is to slow with his movement and cant play good defense anymore. Plus his body will break down if he played more then 24 minutes a night. Bench him and Battier and Start Hayes or Hill and Budinger. That is a upgrade interms of being able to play trap and full court press defense

5. DJboutit

DJboutit Member

Yao is the size we need nobody elese on our team can stand up the the other big player like yao can. If Yao is on the bench when we are playing a team with 2 big guys we are gonna get killed every time we need him out out there get blocks and rebounds

6. anchel

anchel Member

I think he should not play 5 minutes stretches. He should play only in 3 quarters, longer stretches. For the good of the team and himself.

7. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

What was Yao tonight?
    Like 6-10, 14 pts. in twenty something mins.

Obviously the guy can still score, but the watchdog rule just screws up the rhythm, for himself and everybody else.

But I don't think benching him is going to make a difference/help.

8. Rocket Addict

Rocket Addict Contributing Member

I agree with this. Start Hill or Dampier and bring Yao off the bench for a few minutes in the second quarter and have him available for most of the second half. If he's not playing well (or turning the ball over continuously) then bench him. I love Yao, but his 24 minutes need to be quality minutes. When his minutes and consistency improve later in the year, then he can play in all four quarters again.

9. Champ06

Champ06 Member

I would prefer Yao not playing at all than has him playing with control time. This not coaching and it is damn unfair to Adelman.

10. NBAlover

NBAlover Member

stupidest comment ever :eek:

11. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I disagree that the Rockets should bench him. I mean, they've only played 2 real games with him on the court. Obviously, guys are on a bit of a hiatus on how to handle playing with him, and Adelman is a bit confused on when to use him.

This team hasn't developed any sort of consistency just yet... so hopefully down the line that will change, and we'll see a major improvement.

12. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

This is one of the most idiotic statements, Yao is our anchor on defense when he is in the game. You are obviously a Yao hater. His movement also seems to be very good so i have no idea what you are talking about.

13. typhooonn

typhooonn Member

you always listen to doctors otherwise you die

14. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

They're going to bring in Dampier to help fill the defensive void when Yao is out.

They understand and did something to help when he is on the bench or sitting out, the Rox staff are showing action in the situation.

I say we relax on the anti Yao talk, especially when he is playing well considering his minutes, just look at his stats per minutes played. We all knew he was going to progress through the season, no one wants him to get hurt playing more minutes. Save his minute increases for the playoffs.