1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

From sheer winning perspective, I see Rockets #2 among Bosh's possibilities

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by meh, Jul 1, 2010.

1. meh

meh Contributing Member

I may be a homer, but I really do believe we are in a better position for Bosh to win than most of his other scenarios. Here's how I'd rank them.

#1: Lebron goes to Chicago, Bosh goes to Chicago.

Unlike the Miami 'big 3' scenario, Chicago is a much better one for Bosh, because Rose makes pittance compared to his actual value. So they can actually have some players surrounding the big 3. The only question is whether Toronto will do a S&T that doesn't involve Noah, because with Noah, Deng, Bosh, Lebron, and Rose, I see that as a championship team. But without Noah, their interior defense could be a problem. Not to mention Bosh's strong dislike of playing center.

#2: Bosh comes to Houston. Yao is at least healthy for the playoffs

Morey pretty much explained it to Bosh. But basically, Yao and Bosh as twin towers would dominate the paint on defense. They complement each other on offense since Bosh doesn't need the low post. Scola as backup PF/C is as good as it gets. Shooters galore to help round out the cast. Rockets would be a top 5 offensive team AND top 5 defensive team. Almost no weaknesses, except perhaps a strong passer... T-Mac? I keed I keed.

Oh, and Bosh doesn't have to play center. :)

#3: Bosh goes to Miami

It seems a done deal that Lebron's NOT going to Miami, but even if he does go, it wouldn't change my ranking due to their utter lack of support. Regardless, if Bosh goes to Miami, the proposed S&T would involve Moon and Beasley to the Raptors, leaving Miami with literally NOTHING beyond Wade, Bosh, and about $20 mil in capspace(probably less if include cap holds).

If you look at past FA contracts, and the amount set for MLE, try to construct a decent roster with that money. Maybe Haywood, Felton, and a couple of guys that can't get full MLEs? It would be a pretty mediocre roster with no depth, and no big 3. A big 2 with no depth is hardly contender status.

#4 Bosh goes to NY with Lebron

Horribly run franchise, only one 1st rounder in the next couple of years(and will be low), a deadweight salary in Eddie Curry, and all the Knicks "supporting cast" plays his position or Lebron's position.

Their two best remaining players, Gallinari and Chandler, play forwards, which would be the exact positions Bosh and Lebron plays. That's Knicks stupidity for you. Plus if they trade Curry's contract, they can only get someone else's overpaid players. Because they lack the resources to make another Jeffries deal. Unless Bosh's shoe deal doubles if he plays in NY, I can't see him making the jump there. The media there is also definitely not his style.

I agree with Morey: Bosh is a good fit in Houston, because we have cheap, young talent. All these other teams, except Chicago, do not. And they're not going to find talent on the market either. So to me, our biggest competitor is Chicago, or rather Chicago's ability to lure Lebron there. If they don't, I'd actually put Chicago below us, because they just traded away a 1st round pick for nothing in terms of talent.

Oh, and did I mention that Bosh can play PF in Houston? Everywhere else, except Chicago if Noah's not traded, Bosh will be that team's interior defense. In Houston, he does not.

1 person likes this.
  2. smasstastic

smasstastic Member

I'm hoping that Bosh keeps his word about going to a team where he will be top dog. In which case, Houston is #1.

3. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I agree with your assessment. One thing in Houston though, Bosh would probably be considered "the man" with Yao barely getting 24 minutes a game. Whereas in Chicago he'll be a distant second.

4. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

That's a pretty good summary of some of the top possibilities, and I would agree that we are #2 as well.

However, Bosh/James in Chicago is nearly impossible. I'm not even sure if Chicago will have the cap space if they move Luol Deng, a very difficult undertaking in and of itself.

5. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

The good thing about Houston is we are in the West. I can't see either Toronto or Cleveland cooperating with a S&T to Chicago or Miami to give these guys max contracts. I can't see those two teams allowing a juggernaut to be created in their conference and handing the players max dollars. I think both teams make these guys walk away from $30 million to do that. Maybe it would be worth it to Lebron and Bosh to do that and win multiples in Chicago. Miami has got to find someone to drop Beasley on for nothing for them to just be able to sign them outright.

By the same token, since Houston is in the West, both Cleveland and Toronto could possibly be willing to do S&Ts if they can get back some young talent and draft picks to build with rather than lose them for nothing.

I still think Morey is going to make a play for both Lebron and Bosh or Bosh and Joe Johnson or Bosh and Wade. And if that doesn't work, I think he is going after Bosh and somebody else in a trade, such as Chris Paul. And if that doesn't work, I think he is going after Amare and someone else in trade, like Chris Paul.

I think Morey is pursuing TWO maximum salary free agents. He would take either Bosh or Amare to go along with either Lebron, Wade, or Joe Johnson to team up with Yao, Kevin Martin, one of the young PFs (likely PPat).

And don't be surprised if it breaks down in Boston and Morey figures out how to steal two of Garnett/Pierce/Rondo in exchange for all our expirings and picks.

1 person likes this.
  6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

And we still rank #2!?!?!?!

We're screwed.

7. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I just don't see Bosh going to Miami because first of all....

They have Wade and Bosh and everything else is garbage. They're NOT going to win championship there. He ONLY go there if Lebron go too! Plus Toronto are not interested in their assets.

Bosh go to NY and Bulls only if Lebron go. So basically Lebron determine where Bosh go first....if they separate, Bosh is likely to go to Houston. But then I don't see Lebron staying with the Cavs. Or maybe he will...who knows.

8. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

I think if Morey talk to Lebron about a sign and trade deal coming to the Rockets playing with Yao....i think Lebron will be very intrigue! And Cavs might have to do it for their benefit...there is nothing to lose here.

9. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Cleveland said it will not cooperate but Toronto has been very clear they are willing to assist Bosh with a Snt.

Lebron will never come here. He doesn't want to talk to us and doesn't care for our city.

New orleans would make us gut our team to get Chris Paul and they would only do it if they can lower their salary and get a younger future star, draf picks and cash. IMO

10. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I still wonder how much the China thing plays into Bosh's thinking? If he comes here then he becomes a global ICON next to Yao while playing in Chicago or Miami he simply becomes another good second option on a playoff team.

I would agree that we are #2 only because of the idea that James could go play in Chicago however if he doesn't go then its the Rox with the edge. Miami is nice but NO players besides Wade and crappy fan base.

11. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

And I almost believe they won't cooperate. So, then the question becomes, is Lebron going to walk away from max raises and max years? Don't see that. It becomes a game of chicken for both sides. And if he decides to stay..how in the world is Cleveland going to come up with another superstar to add to him? Don't see that happening. I think Lebron is in a world of hurt right now. I don't really think he wants to co-star with Wade. I think he wants the ball. So, that leaves him with jumping to New Jersey or New York with another star in tow, both guys signing for less than the max-max. It's a wicked game.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Lebron leaving after quitting in game 5 in the EC finals would be horrible.

He has work still to do there...I think he stays.

DD

13. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I think LeBron doesn't want to leave cleveland. But, he doesn't want Bosh & Wade to play in the same team. If Bosh comes to houston, LeBron will stay in cleveland.

14. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

why are ppl wanting cp3 ..yea he is good but brooks is like half a step away from being an allstar ...and i actually think he is already one :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

15. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I fear Miami over Chicago at this point.

1. Chicago cannot offer two max contracts. They don't have the cap space. For it to work out Lebron would have to sign there as a FA and Bosh would have to go there as a SnT (most likely for Deng++).

2. Toronto has stated publicly that they DON'T WANT LUOL DENG. They want young players and draft picks, and Chicago doesn't have any of that honestly unless they want to deal Noah. Taj Gibson by himself wouldn't amount to jack for me if I was Toronto. So a SnT between Toronto and Chicago is unlikely to happen.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Me too, I think the leaks about them agreeing with Miami on a S&T already are pretty telling.

I mean Bosh wants to play with a superstar wing, that is pretty clear.....Wade or Lebron.

He only gets that in Chicago with Lebron or in Miami with Wade...

This whole Bosh thing feels very Gortatish to me.

DD

17. Raven

Raven Member

It comes down to this, does Bosh want to be Batman or does he want to be Robin.

18. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

[​IMG]

19. meh

meh Contributing Member

If Miami is our biggest competitor, I like our chances. Miami simply has no good proposal that tells Bosh they can win. The Rockets are over the cap, and has a roster filled with quality but underpaid players(whoever don't go back in S&T among Patterson, Hill, CBud, Brooks, and Knicks picks). While Miami has to fill their roster with FA, which by their very nature tend to produce less than average for their salary.

20. devilsdandruff

naw Cleveland organization said they won't do s&t for LeBron.