1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Free Meter Parking around the TC?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mrm32, Feb 27, 2012.

1. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I'm going to the game tomorrow and wanted to know after what time can you park in a meter spot without paying? Like the ones around the outdoor basketball court across the street. I'm looking to get there around 5:30 or 6 to guarantee myself a spot.

2. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

as long as you get there before 6, you should get a decent spot, but the free parking doesnt start till 6pm, so you maybe hanging out in your car till 6pm, risk it, or just pay like a quarter for the 15 mins till 6.

Be award of the signs around La Branch, there's A LOT of construction there, some parking spots are off limits till completed.

3. rox1

rox1 Contributing Member

yup, meters right in front of basketball court are free after 6 PM.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

5:30 or 6? good luck finding a spot across from TC.

Get there at 4:30 like me and you'll get a great spot by that Power station.

5. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Should get free parking on Walker and Austin, but its a few blocks from TC and as others have mentiond, the free parking starts at 6.

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

If you don't mind walking a few blocks, I've had good luck finding a meter spot on LaBranch between TC and MMP. The key is to get there between the time when the people who work downtown are leaving and the people who play downtown are getting there - which is between 5 and 6.

We usually walk over to the bar in the Hilton and pregame until tipoff.