1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Free Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LCII, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

The same game where he was schooled in OT by a rookie? Are you serious? you guys have forgotten what it takes to win a championship I'd rather have Mario Chalmers at point than Lin. This is not the Euro League this is the MBA wake up Morey and wake up some rockets fans!

2. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

"This is the MBA and I spell Terrence with and A"

Go root for Miami.

3. khfxxx

khfxxx Member

Truth

4. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

You are a troll and a racist!

5. jacky c

jacky c Member

With all the statistics pointing the opposite way, remembered the clutch 8 points ,2 steals in 4th Q against Memphis? Actually, any reasonable criticisms would be good to the players and team we all cared. But what you are behaving is like a LOF trolling, making many others supporting Jeremy due to your childish expressions and wordings.

We want the best of our team, players. And also the quality of posts and replies here. If somebody criticized our players with facts/stats, that should be repped as it reflected on how he can improve. But with this? Come on, lets show more quality like other forum vets do.

But I guess, people just trolled to get what he deserved, so be it.:p

6. clos4life

clos4life Member

I am first and foremost a Rockets fan. I don't care who plays as long as we win games. That being said, the Rockets' coaching staff has misused Lin soooo much it's pathetic to watch.

They really need to hire competent coaches. Oh wait, nevermind, they like to fire those (JVG/Adelman) so they can hire people who kiss butt behind the scenes to the owner and the like. Yeah, hire the yes men, that wins you games. :rolleyes:

Seriously, how many of the last 20 years worth of 'ships have had brown-nosing to the owners coaches win it all? I would say 0.

Lin deserved to play in overtime last night. Simple as that.

7. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

But Lin was benched in OT :rolleyes: I wonder where you are basing your argument?

8. wendzall

wendzall Member

is it possible that the coaching staff are featuring lin less offensively for the benefit of his knee recovery? also, i wonder if lin is just deferring because he's too nice a guy or if he is just trying to focus more on fixing his supposed deficiencies of last season (i.e. turnovers, defense, playmaking)? what do you guys think? especially, is he fully healed or still have knee issues?

9. chenglug

chenglug Contributing Member

maybe doctor has told the team to not play Lin over 36 min a game? otherwise, I have no idea why he didn't play in OT.

10. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

It's possible if McHale was still at the helm last night. Sampson did something that Mchale wouldnt have done, which was to bench Lin for the final minutes of a close game. If I remember correctly, when McHale was coaching, the latest to sub in Lin during a close game, was between 2-3 minute mark. Lin was never benched during the final minutes of a close game.

I mean what does Sampson know? He is a defensive assistant coach who just might have no idea that Lin had one of the highest PERs in the 4Q last season.

I dont have any problem seeing Lin as SG this early in the season, despite his piss poor shooting. There might be reasons that we do not know.

I do find it odd that Sampson would make such drastic changes as an interim coach. Usually interim coach will not change much in gameplans and subs. Did he crack under pressure or was he trying to prove that he was a brilliant coach by making daring decisions? How the hell we kept letting leads slip away game after game?

11. sabonis

sabonis Contributing Member

I'm not a Tony Douglas hater at all, is he the ideal backup? No, but I like his effort and defense (despite how Lillard played).

The coaches need to review the tapes of this game. Forget the great passes by Lin on fast breaks. For a couple of stretches in the game, we finally saw what Lin was capable of in the half court.

A few high pick and rolls and he looked like the Lin of last year; slicing through the defense and getting in the paint; causing chaos.

My thought is that we need the Harden ISOs, but have to temper that with some high P&R with Lin and let him create. I want more of JLin getting into the lane and onto the free throw line.

12. kastuul

kastuul Member

I agree.
    When I saw Harden play ISO, the game is over.

13. sabonis

sabonis Contributing Member

And Lin's rebounding... wow. That's something I didn't see much of last year.

14. Bohdi

Bohdi Member

Its sad to see the Rockets missuse of Lin. I thought Morey was a statistics genius? Wouldnt he have told the coaches what the players are statistically best at? I'm really disapointed in this organization so far. I'll be at the next home game set, almost thinking I shouldnt bother.

15. kastuul

kastuul Member

LIN is 2nd RBD, 3rd STL and 3rd BLK among PGs.

TD can play, but he is not consistent.
    He can't be a starter or closer.
    The Knicks know it.

16. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

ALOT of these jokers posting away most likely didn't see the game, just picking through stats.

17. whitedog324

whitedog324 Member

R u out of your mind? Jeremy is doing exactly what the coach asked him to, it's the ****ing coach who's been holding Lin back. What do you think makes him lost his aggressiveness? Use your ****ing head.

18. zdrav

zdrav Member

IIRC, Lin was frequently good for about 4 rbs last year. I too was surprised that he, as a PG, would get so involved in the rebounding game.

It's definitely one of his overlooked strengths.

If he could become a consistent jump-shooter, he'd be one of the most complete young PGs in the league.

19. whitedog324

whitedog324 Member

R u blind last year? How did Linsanity happen if JLin can't be the leader?
    The only reason he's not playing at his best is the coach won't let him be.
    Educate yourself!

20. whitedog324

whitedog324 Member

When Lin's on the court, Houston is winning. But in the fourth quarter the coach decided to sit him on the bench, now we know who's the undercover.