1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Free Agents that are left! Power Forward and Centers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tested911, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Bleeding Red

Bleeding Red Member

Caught Morey on 610 when I decided to go to early. He indicates they'll look for help from "inside"(Deke, Scola and Landry) rather than "outside" help for now. Maybe we'll sign someone with more of an offensive game than Deke down the road but right now we'll have to go to battle with current roster. Morey said he's still hopeful about Brent Barry even though he taking long time to consider his decision.

2. engr chris

engr chris Member

How about 7'10" Sun Ming Ming? Damn Im out of my mind! Im so depressed rignt now.

3. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Thanks for the info. Good to know that we're still going after Barry.

4. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

How about trying not to have 5 players 6'3 and under. Maybe having some forward thinking would have been nice. The lakers have 2 7fters on the ir and still have 2 more playing now. Not to mention 4 guys 6'9 or taller.

5. AggieRocketFan96

What Big Men Are Available to Sign?

What Big Men Are Available to Sign?

With only 1 true center on the roster, who's out there for Morey to sign that might contribute quality minutes on defense and keep opposing defenses honest with a credible post game to continue running the Rick Adelman offense? Deke should be limited to no more than 20 min per game, Luis and Carl have a synergy at the PF position that shouldn't be tampered with, and the Rox will need a legit big man to battle Shaq, Bynum, and Duncan.

6. a la rockets

a la rockets Contributing Member

Jackie Butler sounds like a good option to me.
    He knows the team and the system (sort of), and didnt do too bad in the preseason.

7. poprocks

poprocks Member

Lets get Kevin Willis - then we can set the record for oldest center tandem All-Time in the NBA. LOL

8. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Can we lure Charles Jones or Earl Cureton out of retirement?

9. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Maybe, but why would we do that with Serge Zwikker possibly available?

10. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Time to bring Antoine Carr outta retirement - the return of The Big Dog!LOL!

Realistically, I gotta believe Olowokandi or Dale Davis could fill some minutes in a reasonable fashion. Zhizhi, Woods or even Cato could do some spot work. I do think Lampe has some potential upside down the road (nice outside touch for a big man) and would be a cheap big body.

11. Jonhty

Jonhty Member

we could really use bonzi's inside game now... :(

12. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

are you serious? you are interested in michael olawahkanhdi...my o my..

13. firezh

firezh Member

Mike Harris

Bring him back from China!

14. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

I could have swore that third name was Elton Brand. I must be dreaming. But yeah, no help from that list. I'd give Chris Anderson a shot. Maybe Danny Fortson. I have a feeling other guys will pick up the slack offensively, but rebounding looks to be an issue. Yao was killing the boards this year! I'm gonna miss the 30/15 games he'd through up every few weeks. Now I won't even look at a box score...I don't want to see DNP-CD. :(

15. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

we could have gotten Brezec..is Ratliff healthy enough? maybe he could be bought out by Minny...or are there any available euros out there?

16. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

I really don't get this. Deke is 41. Are we really going to put all our faith into him making it through the rest of the season and possibly the playoffs? What if he gets hurt? Wouldn't it be good to pick up someone now so they would at least have a little practice time under their belt just in case the worst happened?

17. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

I would much rather rely on Deke. He hasn't played hardly at all this season and he played 23 quality minutes last night. You can not discount Deke when it comes to playing the rest of the season and even if he has to play extended minutes. He is an ageless wonder. Yes, it would be nice to have some depth but if there is not QUALITY depth then I would rather go small with Hayes, Scola, and Landry. Deke will be there in the end like he always has been.

18. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

There're quite some ex-Rox players on the list.

19. Panda

Panda Member

Why wait? We caN alwaYs bring in Yao's Fatherr.

George Ming.

20. Texacali Rocket

Mavs signed Magloire just to take away this option for the Rockets even though its not a good option- You know that Cuban would sign Magloire if he thought the Rockets were looking at getting him. The dude does not care about cash