1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Francis suspended one game for missed flight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by morganmanor, Feb 2, 2004.

1. Random.

Random. Member

No good can come of this.

Incidentally, I hope he was watching the Super Bowl and missed his flight because of that, at least then he would get to see what two teams with "heart" look like, because it seems doubtful he will ever lead one.

If there is ever a time for Yao to step up, tonight is it, unfornately I expect Mobley to try and do everything himself, which means few passes to Yao.

2. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

I sure hope so cause the offense sucked bad as soon as Francis went to the bench and mark slow poke jackson came in the game against the Nets. Mark USED to be a great player but now he is below average. He has a great understanding of the game and should be used as a mentor/assistant coach rather playing the bulk of the backup minutes. I thought Mike Wilkes was doing a pretty good job when he got to play, why not keep him in there more? Peace.

3. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

overpaid, selfish, arrogant, #@(&*^$)#!!!!:mad:
    "Special Invited Guest Steve Francis"
    "The Franchise"
    "The Leader"

I AM FURIOUS!!!
    An one game is too lenient!!!

4. Random.

Random. Member

And no, you can't be too harsh.

He's young, yet he's a vet of multiple years, with a max contract, whose sole job is to catch a plane and he likely has a driver, a cell phone, and gets called when he's late. The only thing he doesn't have is a good reason for missing his flight.

5. buddry

buddry Member

I suppose all of you guys here have never showed up late for work? Things happen sometime but I'm not going to make an excuse for him. I don't know what happened but one missed flight over 5 seasons and you guys go off. Find some better reason to bash him, I know you guys are creative enough.

6. TECH

TECH Contributing Member

Thus, it begins..........

7. gunn

gunn Contributing Member

That losing stream must have been flowing through the Compaq Center the past four years.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Idiot.

I'm gettin tired of defending him.

I know he had some parties to go too, but come on, suck it up.

9. NBAsticker

NBAsticker Member

With 3 streak loss, SF3 missed his flight. ROX with such guys are horrible.

10. chevytruck

chevytruck Member

I expect Cat will NOT start tonight.

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Ditto.

I'm really close to being on the Trade Francis bandwagon.

Francis/Mobley for Thomas/Ford/Mason.

12. RocDreamer

RocDreamer Contributing Member

Yes I have been late to work. However, I would believe that if Steve had a flat tire or over slept or something then he would not be suspended. I am just guessing here, but I dont think JVG would suspend him for having a problem like that. I think there must be more to it than what we know. If he had a legit excuse JVG would not suspend him. Maybe Steve did not like JVG's remarks after last game and there is some internal strife going on.

13. NBAsticker

NBAsticker Member

If I am right, This is the second time for SF3 did stupid things.

Last time when ROX hosted Pacers, SF3 and CAT were absent from team shooting practice with excuse for flu (In fact he hosted a Chrismas party before).

How SF3 become a leadership and get MAX contract?

14. Lionheart

Lionheart Member

85 million + bonuses, @12 million dollars a year....I'd show up for work 3 hours early & stay 3 hours late...

15. yaopao

yaopao Contributing Member

When you consider how badly Francis has been sucking crap out of a straw this year, you'd think he'd want to put his mind more on basketball, rather than partying.

I remember when people here were praising him for not going out that often.

It wouldn't surprise me if we play well against Phx, sans Francis. I think most of why our offense is one big cluster is because Francis is behind the wheel, without having a license, so to speak.

16. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

If we play well without Francis tonight it doesn't mean we're a better team without him. We're playing Phoenix and should beat them. If we lose without Francis it doesn't mean we're worse without him. We've been in a tough skid as of late. All it means is we're playing a game minus Francis because of his suspension. I don't want to speculate why he's been suspended because he missed his flight but it would be reasonable to assume it was something foolish that warranted a suspension. That said regardless of how good or bad we do without him out there, I still want to trade his ass.

17. yaopao

yaopao Contributing Member

Well we won't have someone shooting 2 for 12...

18. moligity

moligity Contributing Member

You take the good,
    you take the bad,
    you take it all, and then you have

the facts of life, the facts of life . . .

Ms. Jackson if your nasty!!

19. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

What bowels of wisdom did you yank that pearl out of?

20. leemc1945

leemc1945 Member

don't know how many of you remember lou loyd and maxwell and lucas...and recently griffin......just something to look for...hope my fears are not founded.....but the game has disapeared, now he is missing team flights...hmmmmmm.