1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Francis leads the league in turnovers.......Good God

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lovermanbuda, Jan 12, 2003.

1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

i really don't think it is rudy's system either. the system that everyone seems to criticize rudy for isn't the same system as last year. it is changing and i believe everyone can admit that the rockets offense certainly runs different compared to last year. i think the problem is that these changes can't be made overnight. they take time implement. i think its more the personnel than rudy. thats why rudy traded kenny, because kenny's game did not fit into what the rockets wanted to do with the team's style of play. they traded for a player that will work in a more motion oriented offense unlike kenny who's game lacked fast passing and cutting. we didn't need another back to the basket player when we have yao.

also i think its the personnel more than rudy because if you notice when moochie is in the game the offense grinds to a halt because he just dribbles and dribbles and dribbles until there is like 9 seconds left on the shot clock before he goes into the half court offense. some people may blame that on rudy not being able to get his players to listen, but i think it has to do more with the fact that you can't fundamentally alter a player's mentality once he has reached a certain point in his development. some players may take more time to grasp certain concepts, like francis running the point and making careless turnovers (which i think are due to inexperience) since he is trying to create things that aren't there. but other players just don't change, like moochie who just dribbles and dribbles and waits for things too long. the point i am making is at least francis is trying to do things faster and trying to create things whereas moochie is not and is waiting for things way too long. its just a completely different mentality. a player can learn from his mistakes if he is forcing things (god knows i have), but if a player isn't even trying to create things then it is completely different.

hope all that rambling made sense :D

2. HotRocket

HotRocket Contributing Member

Well at least he is the best at something :rolleyes:

I'm hoping he will soon pop out of his shell and realize that there are other players on the floor other than Cat and Ming. Once that happens I think he will stop forcing it, and we will see a decrease in TO's.

3. Toast

Toast Member

Well, Stevie has the ball in his hands for so long, it's not surprising that he has a large number of turnovers. If you touch it less, you turn it over less.

That doesn't mean I think he should have the ball in his hands less, only you should anticipate more turnovers because he has the ball so often.

4. chyke_tx

chyke_tx Member

When someone shoots an airball is it regarded a turnover? lol. Mobley and EG will top that list

5. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Francis back in the lead again. 162 TOs, 4.1 TOPG as of the Mavs game. Congrats! :rolleyes:

6. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Contrary to arguments earlier in this thread..
    the amount of turnovers from the Dallas game were definitely from bad passing...is that a good thing or bad? At least he appeared to be tryin to pass, it's a shame that his teammates weren't in the spot where he threw them..

ugh...what a f-ed up game...:(