1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Francis leads the league in turnovers.......Good God

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lovermanbuda, Jan 12, 2003.

1. lovermanbuda

lovermanbuda Member

I was hoping to God that this wouldn't happen.

2. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Does anyone have any idea how many turnovers Francis averages in the fourth quarter?

3. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

Wait, is this turnovers per 48 minutes, total turnovers, or his regular average?

4. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

All but the first I'd suspect.

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Link to the stats, anyone?

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

<a href="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/statistics?stat=nbaturnovers&season=2003&seasontype=2">Stats here. He leads total and average.</a>

Robinson, Tinsley and Grant Hill are ahead per 48 minutes.

7. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

The next Rocket is James Posey at 55 and Yao at 58?!?!?!?!!?

GUH!!!!!

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Umm, that kind of sucks.

Let's see it from the positive side...if Francis gets that problem under control...we'll be even better...and we are already a winning team :).

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

no, Mobley has is next based on average...of 2.3.

10. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

Well it doesn't look that bad to me.

Kidd is #6
    Andre Miller is #12

Francis does turn the ball over too much when he tries to force his way inside. But PGs usually have a lot of TO's because they PASS the ball a lot.

Kobe #3
    AI #8
    Duncan #11
    Webber #13

Francis should be closer to Nash (#36), Payton (#38) and Cassell (#30).

Stats schmats... :)

11. cmellon

cmellon Member

I don't recall Francis PASS the ball a lot. Did I watch a different game? In the last game, the ball got STOLEN so many times.

12. Sonny

Which game?

The Golden State game he did get ripped by Sura for the crucial bucket. I don't recall him getting ripped that often though. Most of his TO's are from bad passes when he gets stuck in the air.

13. cmellon

cmellon Member

Nugget's game.

14. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Francis has fallen to #15 in efficiency.
    He was #4 during the month of November.....when Rockets were #3 in the Western Conference.

15. daniel-bfl

daniel-bfl Contributing Member

If he could reduce his turnovers in the last few minutes of 4th qt, it would be great. But most of our games were close, so I don't expect it's an easy task for SF. Not everyone can play under pressure like MJ and Bibby.

16. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Leader in Turnovers Per 48 Minutes:

Glen Rice :eek:

17. Sonny

Well at least we won that game.

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

i think you guys overreact to steve's turnovers. every good player has a lot of them. its the assist to turnover ratio that isn't good. but what i see with steve and his turnovers is that they can be corrected. i feel this way because a lot of his turnovers come from lack of experience and forcing things when they shouldn't be forced. he will get this with time....steve IS a hard worker and wants to be a PG. he knows people criticize him for his pg skills and he is working hard to get better at it. just give him time. he may not get it right this year or even next year but he is going to get it. it took kidd 7 years before he got his act together and led a team so don't be so quick to criticize steve because we are lucky we have him here. there are few players in the league who have a great work ethic, great personality, and great skills like he has. i am a glass half full guy so thats why i feel this way and plus point guard has one of the slowest learning curves in the league.

finally people criticize steve as not being a true pg, but you don't need a true pg to win a championship you need a whole team of passers to do it. Not just one player setting up everyone but everyone setting up everyone. why do you think the rockets traded for posey? to get another player who will make quick passes on offense (unlike kenny who had a tendency to hold the ball) in addition to the other things posey does well.

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

True, if the whole team passes it's better. But it's too bad that Posey's role is going to be standing on the 3 point line and launching 3's. He's going to be wasted. I think it's more Rudy's system than Steve's fault, there just really isn't much of an offense. Then again maybe Steve is just ignoring Rudy?

20. drewpy

drewpy Member

thats fewest, not most.

he isnt only playing for his shooting touch. he's smart.