1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Francis' height

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AirFrAnCiS3, Jul 17, 2000.

1. Horry

Horry Member

gr8-1: That´s what I´m saying, Garnett is taller then he is listed. At nba.com KG is listed as 6´11"; but Duncan and Olajuwon at 7´0". KG is taller then both of them so it doesn´t make sense. Pippen is listed at 6´7" but he is taller than that. Have you seen him standing next to players like Jordan, Barkley and others who are supposed to be 6´6". I think Pip is taller than Rodman and he is listed at 6´8". Speaking of Rodman I think he is a good example of my point in this post. Rodman had always been listed at 6´8" in the NBA but last season he was always listed at 6´6". So either the official listing is bullsh*t or Dennis had always been measured wearing high heels. If the league isn´t sure how tall the players are how are we supposed to know.

------------------

2. wink3

wink3 Member

Players' heights on the collegiate level are listed accurately. I remember all through Tim Duncan's senior year at Wake Forest he was always listed at 6'10''. Maybe the college people list players shorter purposely so scouts will be less interested, Elton Brand was always 6'6'' at Duke then when he was measured, nobody believed he was almost close to 6'9. Seeing him play a couple games, I think Brand is a legitimate 6'8.

Besides 90% of the league couldn't even dream of catching some of the alley-oops that Stevie throws down. Not only does he elevate but you gotta have balls to go after some of those passes so recklessly. [​IMG]

------------------
    I'm not clumsy, I just have to know my surroundings.

3. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

ACtually, i think a player would not go to a school that lists them shorter. Its a psychological edge. An old trick. HS football coach used to list each of us 2 inches taller and 10 pounds heavier, expecting us to play that way. Also scared the opposition.
    Also, i think Brand was listed at 6'8" at Duke.

------------------
    "Don't they get cable in Canada ?" Keith olbermann, after watching hakeem block terry catledge's shot 5 times.