1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Francis' height

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AirFrAnCiS3, Jul 17, 2000.

1. AirFrAnCiS3

AirFrAnCiS3 Member

Hey is Francis really 6' 3"?, he looks more like 6 feet out their on the court. I'm a little concerned about his height in the future. As you can see, point guards are getting bigger nowadays and I'm wondering if Francis' will be able to handle it in the long run. I'm pretty sure he isn't a legit 6'3". Does anyone know he exact height.

------------------

2. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

From NBA.com:

Steve Francis Position: Guard
    Born: 2/21/78
    Height: 6-3 / 1m 91cm
    Weight: 193 lbs. / 87.5kg
    College - Maryland

------------------
    "Get up, stand up. Stand up for your right"-Bob Marley

3. TraJ

TraJ Member

Bob,

I don't think nba.com necessarily gives the correct answer. They give a player's "official" height and weight. Hakeem (7'), Barkley (6'6"), Kenny Thomas (6'8"). I doubt Francis is 6'3" -- he just doesn't look it to me either -- but I don't think it's that big a deal. Look at guys like Allen Iverson, Tim Hardaway (when healthy) and John Stockton (who is more like 5'11" than 6'1"). Steve will do fine.

------------------

4. Steve

Steve Member

Maybe this would prove it?
    yesterday was Zo's summer groove and Francis was in town and i went to a park down south and i saw STEVE FRANCIS in 152 a ballerz park here in Miami and i am 6'0 and i asked him yo steve are you really 6 0 and he said yea then i asked him yo can i take a picture of me eating soup from the top of your head and he said sure why not????????

?????????????Fact or Fiction?????????????????

------------------
    I dont have one but ..............................maybe later:)

5. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Ok this one is from Steve's official site:

Team: Rockets
    Number: 3
    Height: 6'3
    Weight: 193
    Years in League: Rookie
    College: Maryland '99
    E-mail: steve_francis@athletenow.com
    Birthday: 2/21/77
    About the Athlete:
    - Steve enjoys a variety of music, including R&B, hip-hop, jazz, and go go music.

- Michael Jordan, Julius Erving, Magic Johnson, and Bernard King were some of Steve's favorite athletes growing up.

- Despite the fact that he grew up in Redskins country, Steve is a diehard Dallas Cowboys fan.

- "Poetic Justice," starring Janet Jackson and Tupac Shakur, is one of Steve's favorite movies.

- Steve lists lasgana and cereal as two of his favorite foods.

------------------
    "Get up, stand up. Stand up for your right"-Bob Marley

6. alaskansnowman

My friend saw him at Best Buy and said he looked closer to 6'0 than 6'3.

------------------
    treasurer of the moochie norris fan club

7. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

The question about "real height" could be asked of any NBA player... Francis looks to me to be more 6'3 than 6'0. He towers over Iverson when looking at them standing together - ok so maybe "towers over" is the wrong phrase, but he's taller than Iverson, and comparing him to Mobley, he's only a whisker shorter. Now if Mobley is really 6'4 then I'd say Francis is 6'3. He doesn't look shorter than a Charlie Ward or a Bryce Drew, both listed at 6'3 too. Comparing his height to other NBA players he looks to be 6'3. People love to say he's smaller simply because it makes his dunking accomplishments look all the more spectacular, but looking at his size compared to other players listed at the same height he seems to be the same size...

------------------

8. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

Who cares?

He might have trouble guarding the big point guards but whos gonna stop him? The guy is quicker than all of them.

------------------
    I Want To Thank God For Making Me A Rocketfan

9. Tha Play Maker

Stevie is likely 6'2 or 6'1. I remember hearing him being listed at 6'4, so who really knows.

And like Almu said, forget that height crap, that boy got speed!

------------------
    President of the Chris Webber fan club.

10. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

how are pgs getting bigger nowadays?

motion of the ocean.

------------------
    I am so exasperated that I could expectorate.

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Just curious, but if he really is 6'0", what do you think anybody can do about it? Miracle Gro only works on plants.

BTW, Steve either goes over people (ala sitting on Arvydas Sabonis' head) or destroys them off the dribble. It doesn't matter how tall you are, if you can't guard him.

------------------
    Just shut up and post

12. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

Yeah it really doesnt matter if he is 6'0" or 6'3" unless Astroworld raises the minimum height to ride the roller coasters to 6'3"

------------------
    "We need to fockass".....Dream back in the day

13. AirFrAnCiS3

AirFrAnCiS3 Member

I know francis has quickness and hops, but as he gets older he is gonna lose both of those things. thats why height is so important. He is in his physical prime right now. As you get older, u get wiser but aren't as physically talented. I'm sure he can some how change his game, hopefully he can be like payton as he gets older.

------------------

14. Gascon

Gascon Member

I think he will, AirFran.

Besides, doesn't matter if he's 6'0" or 5'0", he plays like he's 6'5".

------------------
    "I'll take a Dream Shake for two, please."

15. Horry

Horry Member

I just don´t understand why the NBA doesn´t report the players real height. I´m real tired of hearing about Barkley and Jordan being closer to 6´4" than 6´6, Elie said he was 6´3". I mean why don´t they just say how tall they are and let all this guessing stop. When Elton Brand came in to this league he said the they measured his height like three times because noone believed he was a true 6´8". This doesn´t have to be such a big issue, just give us the players true height. If Barkley is 6´4" and Elie 6´3" then Francis must be about 6´0" and if Francis is 6´0" then Iverson must be 5´9" and if Iverson is 5´9" then Fisher must be 5´3" and if Fisher is 5´3" then Spud Webb must be closer to 4´2" and if Webb is closer to 4´2" then Muggsy must be 3´8". [​IMG] This could go on but I think you all get my point. Please just give us the correct height of every NBA player and let this guessing stop.

------------------

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Horry, I think they exxagerate height because it is more heroic to be tall. In general, people respect tallness (except for me, of course). As for Francis size compared to other guards, rest assured that his height and the heights of all other PGs are inflated by the NBA. Comparing the inflated figures will give you as good a sense as comparing real heights. So look at what nba.com says about Francis and Crawford or whoever. But don't say 'well Francis is really only 6' and Crawford is listed at 6'7".'

------------------
    Rockets Draft Obligations Summary

http://www.gaffordstudios.cjb.net/

17. Rocketsauce

Rocketsauce Contributing Member

There is no way that Francis is 6'3". That is complete horse sh*t. He is 6'2.750". Anything else is a lie.

Nope, I tried to build passion, but I still don't care either way.

Let the season begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
    "Stranger things have happened, but none stranger than this" - Commentator after a parachutist landed in the ring of a Holyfield fight

18. Horry

Horry Member

Juan V. Comparing inflated height will not give as good a sense as comparing actual heights of the players. The reason is that some players are listed taller than they are ( for exemple Olajuwon, Barkley, Jordan, Elie)while others are listed shorter then they are (for ex. Garnett - 7´0", Pippen 6´8" at least). I just don´t understand why it seems impossible to get the real height of the players and I am tired of having to guess how tall they are.

------------------

19. jerinrulz

jerinrulz Contributing Member

Im temporarily comin outa retirement so that i can say i saw him at best buy yesterday. SUPER COOL GUY. Said WASSAP hes 6 0 MAYBE 6'1 back to the golf. btw hes really just a big kid. lata.

------------------
    Lookin at a 75 year old man in a thong: NASTY
    Lookin at Shaq hit free throws: "O SH**!"

[This message has been edited by jerinrulz (edited July 18, 2000).]

20. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Horry, I think KG really is 7'0", he's definitely taller then duncan or hakeem. Pippen is listed at 6'7", that sounds right.

------------------
    "Don't they get cable in Canada ?" Keith olbermann, after watching hakeem block terry catledge's shot 5 times.