1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Francis Fined not Suspended!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tyree, Mar 22, 2004.

1. Tyree

Tyree Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...lug=ap-rockets-francisfined&prov=ap&type=lgns

March 22, 2004
    NEW YORK (AP) -- Houston Rockets point guard Steve Francis was fined $25,000 by the NBA on Monday for cursing during a halftime television interview and for criticizing officials.

Francis drew his league-leading 17th technical foul, then complained about what he considered a non-call in the closing seconds of the first half of Houston's 100-95 loss to the Sacramento Kings on Sunday night.

When an ESPN reporter approached him for a halftime interview, Francis swore and stormed off the court. He apologized shortly before the third quarter began.

2. feishen

feishen Member

That's about right.
    Now, Stevie, it's your time to show why you are an all-star!

3. sicnarf3

sicnarf3 Member

4. Dallas Rocket

Dallas Rocket Contributing Member

You got that right!

Instead of leading the league in technicals, it's time to lead your team to the playoffs.

Somehow I expect a lot more :rolleyes:

D R

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

They normally anounce suspensions right away, or at least "suspension pending."

The NBA obviously has no strict hard-fast rule on this, so they probably took into account the mitigating circumstances that differed between this situation and Shaq's (Jim Gray's involvement, the time-frame which the interview occured, the events right before the interview, Steve's apology 10 minutes later.)

6. birat

birat Member

i think that's it. no suspension..

affordable...

7. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

He's playing? Damn, and I was hoping for a victory tonight...oh well...

8. birat

birat Member

:D

9. daRox

daRox Member

ahhh A-Train. I thought you were just a pessimist, I didn't know you are a Francis hater ;)

10. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Well, seeing as the starters are selected by fan balloting, you must be wanting Steve to show us more showboating, playground dribbling skills, and high flying, acrobatic, impossible-to-make shots that don't quite make it through the hoop forty percent of the time.

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

We have a game tonight, so if they were going to suspend him, they'd have done it already. Happy he won't miss a game.

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Wow! He makes 60% of those shots?!?! :eek: :p

13. rvpals

rvpals Member

A-Train. As long as we don't have someone capable of playing PG for a solid game, Francis is going to play.

Maybe this game Francis is going to play well and we'll get a victory. If we lost this game as well, it's deja vu all over again.

14. munco

munco Member

he definitely didn't deserve a suspension. what did the nba/espn expect to hear from him after he got mugged.

15. feishen

feishen Member

:D :D
    Since when we cant even cheer for the Rox.

Go Rockets. Go Yao. Go Stevie. Get it done boys!!!

I think as long as Stevie is on the team, we gotta stay behind him, but I am all for shipping him out during the off-season. :D

16. Pole

I had to double check my grammar after your comment, but I don't think I was technically wrong with what I said. His shooting percentage isn't quite up to 40% yet. I guess you could infer that he's shooting ANYTHING but 40% from what I said, but I don't think you could infer that he's shooting the reciprocal of 40%......unless I'm reading my own writing incorrectly.

smarty pants

17. Pole

okay.....I can sort of see it.....although the word "quite" is kind of the flyer in that sentence.

you're still a smarty pants.

18. KaiSeR SoZe

KaiSeR SoZe Contributing Member

$25,000! How much does he get payed per game?

19. NBAsticker

NBAsticker Member

This should be good news for ROX.

Hopefully ROX could win tonight's game. Also YAO could learn something from last two games.

Hopefully YAO would help SF3 pay fines.

20. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

steve is extremely lucky imo

steve leads the league in techs.... the blame is squarely on him and his immature attitude torwards the refs rather than Jim Gray for interviewing him at an inappropriate time

grow up git