1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Francis at Magic Johnson game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketsfan34, Aug 7, 2000.

1. rocketsfan34

rocketsfan34 Contributing Member

My friend was there at the game, and what he told me shocked me. He knew I was a big Rockets and especially a Steve Francis fan. Throughout the game, he tried at least 8 times to get me his autograph. Francis repeatedly rejected it. Finally after those failed attempts, Francis went into the stands and went to a guy wearing a cool looking shirt. My friend thought he'd finally give someone an autograph, what the hell does he do? He stole the guy's shirt. I'm quite disappointed at Steve. I would have expected much better behavior, especially one with that high of a star status.

To end at least on a good note, he said Andre Miller was the coolest, and was very friendly. He also said Sisqo was surprisingly short and that he signed his ticket stub. Not to mention had the coolest clothes.

Sorry couldn't get more details, was a bit in a hurry.

------------------
    Draftsource.net

2. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

It surprises me too, because I've seen right the opposite of Steve. The one time I went early to a Rockets game this year was the one at DC in the "phone booth", and I managed to get him to autograph 3 things for me. He was signing for everyone, and even talked to everyone while he did it. I hope none of his stardom is getting to his head.

------------------
    Looking for next year's Dan Langhi? Draftsource.net

Vote in the 64 player 1 on 1 NBA Tournament! (Third Round)
    http://bbs.clutchcity.net/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000971.html

3. carlit0

carlit0 Member

Yeah right this is bullsh@t!

------------------
    "Instinctly u recognize things,now take advantage of what u just recognized!".. Hakeem..

4. steviewonder

steviewonder Member

5. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Would you care to elaborate on that? [​IMG]

------------------
    Ugh, Another Rockets off-season....I'm gonna need a keg
    of Pepto-Bismol.

6. The Cat

Carlito,

I'd delete that post if I were you. You don't know RF34, and haven't been here long enough to I doubt. He's the one who broke the Francis trade last year to the BBS, and he isn't really the kind of poster to give you BS.

------------------

7. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

Maybe his friend is giving him the BS.

Check out this post:
    http://bbs.clutchcity.net/ubb/Forum3/HTML/008084.html
    ------------------
    Who's ya daddy?

[This message has been edited by SirCharlesFan (edited August 07, 2000).]

8. rocketsfan34

rocketsfan34 Contributing Member

My friend defintely would not be bsing it. Today, he wore a Magic Johnson game T-shirt he bought from the game, showed me the ticket stub with Sisqo's autograph on it, and the basketball with Andre Miller's signature on it.

------------------
    Draftsource.net

9. The Cat

</A>

Consider the source.

------------------

[This message has been edited by The Cat (edited August 07, 2000).]

10. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

SHANK
    posted August 07, 2000 01:35 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Francis is NOT injured. I just got back from the annual "Midsummer Night's MAGIC Charity NBA Basketball game at the Pauley Pavilion hosted by Magic Johnson, and HE WAS FINE AND FLYING! He was by far the most electrifying player there and had 40 points (high scorer). Others in the game was none other than CUTTINO himself, Payton, Hughes, C.Alexander, Magic, B.Davis, M. Peterson, Outlaw, A. Miller, Cassell, Van Exel, Ceballos, S. Cotton, T. Murray, P. Pierce.

I actually was the only one there with a Francis jersey, and seeing that, he actually gave me a high five, and gave my girlfriend a personalized autograph. He even waved high to us total strangers in the middle of the game. He's a great guy.
    FYI, Cuttino was also great, the #2 dunker there behind Francis. And watch out for this Alexander kid, HE IS FOR REAL!

I wonder if SHANK saw Francis steal the shirt?

------------------
    "The day after tomorrow is the third day of the rest of your life."
    ---George Carlin

[This message has been edited by BobFinn* (edited August 07, 2000).]

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

He stole the shirt the guy was wearing? Hell, that's impressive! [​IMG]

What did he do? Mug him?

------------------
    Just shut up and post

12. alaskansnowman

Ok, I'm willin to believe everything except the shirt stealing part.

------------------
    president of the dan langhi fan club.

13. TraJ

TraJ Member

Maybe Francis is practicing in any way he can to be the steals leader this year. [​IMG]

------------------

14. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

maybe it was actually his shirt, which was stolen when he was mugged in NY and he was just getting it back [​IMG]

or maybe the idiot in the crowd at the start of the game yelled out to Steve you are Crap and if you can get plus 35 points you can have the shirt off my back. [​IMG]

------------------
    Discombobulation Imminent

15. SHANK

SHANK Contributing Member

I didn't see Steve stealing anything, and believe me my eyes were mostly fixed on him the whole night. In fact, I saw him sign at least 10 autographs from the bench seats. He's done this before, but he also gave away his RED game shoes into the crowd as the players walked out (I was 6 inches from grabbing one , DAMN!) I was hoping for his game jersey, but he kept it.

He was guilty of hogging the ball a bit during the game but c'mon it's a charity game and the ball should be in the hands of the most talented guy!! One attempted play was a little awkward though.. He was dribbling, swaggering Francis-style between the legs for what seemed like 15 seconds in front of Courtney Alexander who was defending him, and trying to be creative, actually tried to dribble off of Alexander's forehead. Well it didn't work and the crowd let out a "OOOH" in pity of Alexander. Francis seemed to realize his bad move and jumped on Alexander playfully like he always does with CUTTINO, which seemed to smooth things over a bit.

Maybe this might create a little rivarly there with ALexander in the season... who really likes to have a ball dribbled off of his noggin nowadayw?

Anyway, the game was great, and of also special note, CAT and FRANCIS really got along well with BO OUTLAW on the sidelines...

BRING HIM TO HOUSTON!!!!

------------------

16. SHANK

SHANK Contributing Member

BTW, Cisco ( I only follow the company) or whatever the hell his name is,is like 5'5''. I'm about 5'10" and this dude was at my shoulders at most! Real pupular amongst the ladies though. I walked by Samuel Jackson and Lawrence Fishburne and these two must be 6'1'' to 6'2''.

Urkel? or whatever the hell his name is is like 6 foot, and I thought he was a shrimp on the show. Go figure.

Steve also spent a lot of time talking to Magic on the bench. Hope he got some tips on passing.

------------------

17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Why would you care if Steve Urkel got tips on passing? [​IMG]

------------------
    Just shut up and post

18. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

isnt urkel on some stoopit show now ? oh boy, where is the punctuation police ? [​IMG])

------------------
    "Don't they get cable in Canada ?" Keith olbermann, after watching hakeem block terry catledge's shot 5 times.

19. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

or Where is the BAD TV Police

------------------
    Discombobulation Imminent