1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Fran Blinebury chat

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rodrick_98, May 7, 2007.

1. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

not that you guys care about what fran has to say, but it was somewhat interesting. in bold are the ones that stood out to me.

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

the bold parts are common sense.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm on the chat now.

4. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

yeah, it's not over yet... this was just the first part :D

5. rockmanslim

rockmanslim Member

Did Tracy McGrady steal Blineberry's lunch money? What an ass.

6. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Hate to say it, but it's due. McGrady, at best, had a B- series and let off the gas once we were up 2-0. Yao was being mauled, but there's little excuse for McGrady seeing as Fisher and Giricek guarded him most of the time.

Evan

7. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

McGrady was often guarded by Kirilenko too, a top defensive player. He was also frequently trapped, swarmed, and forced to give up the ball on the perimeter. He had to score, assist, rebound, and defend just for the Rockets to have a chance to win and he broke his previous career high in assists twice while averaging over his season average in scoring. I don't know why you and Franny are so hard on him. :rolleyes:

That being said, Tmac is starting to "slip" and Yao isn't championship caliber. Trade both, fire Gundy, and rebuild. Contenders in 2011 baby!

8. tested911

tested911 Member

Probably one of the biggest b****ing session I had against the T.V. throughout the series... How the Hell do you not OWN old man Fisher who is 6-1" ???????? Common T-mac your frgiin athletic (supposedly) and this short old point guard can keep you out in the perimeter???? Atack the basket you Mot%@#F$@$^^...... God I was at game 7 and my whole section was booing at T-mac for taking jump shots and not attacking the basket.... Does anybody have the stats on his FG% in the perimeter he SUCKS!!!!!! at it...

9. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I could be wrong, but didn't he hit only one jumper in all of Game 7? The one in the first quarter where Mutumbo was fouled by Boozer.

10. tested911

tested911 Member

OMG I just found the stats for perimeter shooting ( 15+ Ft )

T-mac was 2 -13 ... I mean seriously WTF we pay you to hit the bucket meaning if you have too ATTACK!!!!!!!! 2 for 13 yup we will be a contending team for years to come if T-mac can continue to shoot a horrid rate

2-13?????!!!!!!!!!!! HORRIBLE

And T-mac with his pea-size brain couldnt figure it out!!! Get this he was

6 of 7 when under 15+ WoW amazing ... Who would of thunk it that if he attacked the basket he would of made more points??? Someone please pass this along to T-mac!!!!

his FG% which I think is allready horrible is really something to be laughed at when you take away the FG attempts near the basket and focus on the outside shot... He doesn't have one !!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Fran Made ALOT of sense in this Chat
    more
    than in his column

I'm am scared. . .cause I agree with too much of it

Rocket River

12. tested911

tested911 Member

Sorry the stats I threw out were based on the CBS Sports Line Shot Chart.

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Funny that Fran mentioned Grant Hill in his chat. Grant Hill is someone I have mentioned a few times as someone the Rockets should target in the offseason as a 6th man. He would be a great guy to bring off the bench with length and can score on his own and create for other players.

In my mind, a summer consisting of adding Mike James and Grant Hill would do wonders for this team. Two guys that can score, create their own shot and would help open things up for Tmac and Yao.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I agree Deuce that would be very nice...

Heck, I would settle for Grant Hill and getting a better V-Span.

DD

15. smeiou78

smeiou78 Member

Tracy steals Fran's lunch money. Sounds like a bunch of girls, if you ask me. Fran's an @$$hole. Tracy just doesn't have what it takes. He missed 4 free throws in game 7, and the team missed 9 overall. That's the game.

16. Luffy1

Luffy1 Member

That was a good chat by fran.

17. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

Grant Hill will not come. He will sign for peanuts with Magic to repay their loyalty to him

18. Luffy1

Luffy1 Member

I agree with fran that I would do tmac for kg or durant in a minute. However, I don't think either team would. Tmac is getting worse and worse each year. He's a shadow of his orlando self.

19. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I'd take Francis back at this point, as long as we have a coach who can work with him. Francis' heart and big shot ability and athleticism and skills are DESPERATELY needed on this squad.