1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[FOX Spots] 10 Best Players in the World

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Chuck 4, Oct 18, 2006.

1. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Link

Maybe I'm a Homer, but Tracy should have been in the top ten IMO...

2. Guru

Guru Member

I don't care what Mcgrady's health issue are, he is definetly better than Arenas and Melo.

3. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Nowitzki is a little too high for my taste as well.

4. AXG

AXG Member

When McGrady's healthy, he should definitely be top 10. I think they were looking at last year's injury riddled TMac and judging him harshly on that. I think he'll bounce back this season, and play really well. Also, where's Yao? He should be listed.

5. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

I agree about Yao. I was a bit surprised to see Marion on there over Yao, especially with the way the media has really been drinking the Koolaid on him lately.

6. Sofine81

Sofine81 Member

At least they gave the reason why they didnt put him in the top 10, which I thought was pretty nice of him. However, I think he will be back where he belongs after this season.

7. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

He is better than Arenas, Melo, and AI right off the bat, not even an argument. Not to mention guys like Dirk.

They are just knocking him because of injury. Once DWade breaks and ankle and sits out 50 games, and the Heat lose in the playoffs, he won't be top 10 either. It's really not even a subjective article.

8. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

I can't wait till Yao Ming is in the top 3 on these lists this time next year.

9. Omer

Omer Member

Yeah he should have made it, but I feel better because of the praise they gave T-Mac in their justification. He won't be just top 10 next year, he will be top 5.

10. VicVictory

VicVictory Member

This list is a joke, no way D-Wade is the best player in the world.

11. Yao#1

Yao#1 Member

The worst part about this list is if you had a draft right now of all NBA players, Yao is picked no worst then 4 to 6 (maybe behind Wade, Lebron, Kobe). No way anyone would draft KG, AI, Melo, or Arenas above him. Yao just doesnt get the hype he deserves cuz his size and the fact he doesnt smash everyone like Shaq. Just look at last year. Yao's stats dominated Shaq and Ben Wallace yet he still ended up third team all NBA. People say its cuz he was injured, but he played as much as Shaq did and was far more dominant on offense and defense. It is nice that people are finally facing the fact that Yao is the best center in the world now, and soon will realize he is one of the best players in the world.

12. RocketsMac

RocketsMac Member

haha.. hilarious... man, crack is getting popular in sports media (FOX ?) :eek:

-Carmelo is a joke... I dont even think he is a top 20 players in the freakin' NBA, not in the world!!

-Arenas? where did that come from ??

-Lebron is NOT the 2nd best player in the world .. not even in the NBA (in my eyes at least)... I dont care if a guy wears #23 and hogs the ball like a mo-fu...cool dunks, ok.. 21 years old. ... alright... so what ?

-even though D-Wade is my 3rd favorite player after T-mac and J-kidd, I still dont think he is #1.. without his team, he wouldn't have been able to acomplish all the stuff...he also lacks an outside shot ( I think he can work on though) and that drops him to about 4th or 5th best..

it's extremely hard to rank players accurately because different players have different roles and u can really compare Tim Duncan to AI... plus a lot of players are playing at about the same level and they do common things (unlike old times, no specific player has a "signature move", a dream shake, a Tim-Hardaway-crossover..), nobody is really unique other than T-mac (he does stuff that nobody else thinks of doing)... that's why I just dont care about all the r****ded rankings and player ratings..

oh, one more thing, is it just me, or do y'all notice a lot of H-Town hating going around?? :D :confused: :cool:

13. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

and this will probably end my streak of drafting yao almost for free every season :(

14. Yan_Yao

Yan_Yao Member

Bullshiz list

1. Kobe--Might not be the best team player, but no doubt is the best player.
    2. Tim Duncun--They had a big chance to win the champion this year, and he's still the most influence player in the game.
    3. Whatever...

15. chris_Rocket

chris_Rocket Member

Gilbert Arenas! the #9???!!! :eek:

16. liu1107

liu1107 Contributing Member

i am sick of these ppl saying "best player in the world", just say best player in U.S. , show some respect to the world and stop making as ass out of US... they cant even win a champion in WC now they are best player in the world?

17. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

who cares what anyone thinks?

18. jlwee

jlwee Member

Once T-mac and Yao win the title this season, those so-called analysts/writers will put them on the top five! :D

19. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

I hear they're coming up with a newer list of the best players in the Universe.. :D

20. cenbo416

cenbo416 Contributing Member

LOL. If Yao and Gasol don't make this list, No Credibility !