1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fox"News" reaches new low (if thats possible) : Goes after Tucker Carlson's family

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Troy McClure, Sep 27, 2003.

1. Troy McClure

Troy McClure Member

I read the transcripts for Crossfire when I can't watch the show , here's Tucker Carlson talking about the humorless , disgusting ass holes at fox.

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0309/26/cf.00.html

CARLSON: OK.

Well, on yesterday's program on telemarketing, some of you may have seen it. I jokingly gave out what I said was my home phone number. In fact, it was the main number of the Washington bureau of the Fox News Channel.

(LAUGHTER)

CARLSON: I thought it was funny. Fox did not think it was funny.

(LAUGHTER)

CARLSON: Apparently, many of our viewers called that number, hoping to speak to me. Instead, they reached a grouchy Fox switchboard operator.

Well, to our viewers, I'm sorry I gave you that bad information, even in jest. Last night, Fox responded by posting on its Web site my unlisted home phone number, the phone number where my wife and four small children often answer the phone, as they did last night, during dinner, when the first of several hundred Fox viewers called to scream obscenities at them into the phone.

Fox had every right to be annoyed by what I did, amusing as I thought it was. They had no right to invade my privacy or to enable their followers to threaten my family.

(APPLAUSE)

Apparently Fox News decided to change the number : http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,98365,00.html

But you can still see it when you click on a link from Google.

This just goes to show you what kind of scumbags work at Fox, and what kind of scumbags watch and read their "News" .

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Scumbags is too good a word. Anyone who watches that network after reading this needs to examine themselves closely.

What Carlson did was a mistake, as he admitted, although I'm sure the number he gave out is easy to get, but what Fox did is unconscionable.

3. BBnP4l

BBnP4l Member

That's low, too low. Fox News could've turned this into a + for their channel, but messed it up by showing they were the worse ones.

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And yet some people believe they are a class organization compared to the BBC?

5. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Abosolutely I believe that. The BBC has proven liars who attempted to manipulate the thoughts of an entire nation and the world, completely misusing their power and their undeserved good reputation.

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Even though he started it, he might want to consider suing them. It's one thing to direct a lot of callers to some switchboard and it's another thing to invade the privacy of a young family like that.

Oh, and regarding the BBC, they have a long history which they built their good reputation on. I don't know if what is currently going on is enough to say that their good reputation is undeserved. During the second world war, a lot of the German population got the truth only through BBC. Just to put things a little bit in perspective.

7. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

And Fox has now proven themselves to be willing to violate the privacy of an individual who played a joke on them. Fair and balanced my a$$.

8. NachbarSucks

NachbarSucks Member

Do you understand how superior the BBC is to pretty much all of the biased news stations? They don't even compare.

9. dc sports

dc sports Member

The BBC is as biased, if not more so, than any US media outlet. No question.

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Holy Jeez, are you ever misguided. The BBC was also manipulated into naming their source who wound up killing himself. FOX lies all the time. Constantly. So much so that it's their M.O. Completely distorts the truth in order to act as King George's propaganda arm.

11. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Fox should not have posted his number nor should he have given out Fox's switchboard number in his story, that being said, does any one really believe that several hundred people called "last night"?

After a few calls, wouldn't anyone unplug the phone and/or call the phone company to see what could be done? Would any of us let their "small children" continue to answer the phone when cranks seem to be calling? After all, several hundred calls mean that someone is calling every minute.

Carslon could have certainly made his point without the need for extreme exaggeration.

12. bigtexxx

Wrong. The have proven liars and they even admitted to fabricating stories, as we have discussed in the past ad nauseum.

Oh yeah, welcome back PINETREE, or is it "Friendly Fan" this time?

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Sorry to interrupt the denunciations, but what does the BBC have to do with Fox News and its viewers harassing Tucker Carlson?:confused:

14. bigtexxx

Samuel, are you too lazy to even read the small number of replies in this thread? Franchiseblade brought it up. What a sloth you are.

15. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

many could say the same thing about the current administration.

but i guess that's different...

16. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member